MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
alberttky

Potentially being misled by MH's cheap deals?

I just wrote to MAS regarding what may be discrepancies in their fares. I found out recently that a return flight from SIN to HAN via KUL is priced at SGD5.00 before taxes. So on the "Flight Selection" page, the Total Price reflected is SGD59.50. Once I clicked "NEXT" to "Review Your Itinerary and Price" page, the fare jumped from SGD5 to SGD156.

Am I missing something here or this is some con job?

10660426_10152776408975757_358344540_n.j

10656236_10152776409030757_166729881_n.j

Well this add on surcharge thing seems like a normal practice here in Asia. It has been banned in Australia and NZ years ago, because it mislead the general public.

Nobody seems to be keen to do anything about it in Asia though.

Edited by S V Choong

Had the same problem 2 weeks ago with the BKK-SIN

Before taxes 1435thb

After taxes (on the 1st page) 2135thb

and it says Total + Taxes + Surcharge , so i thought that was cheap, infact cheaper than LCCs

Then once I proceed to the next page, the price changed to 4085thb

Last week they seems to have fixed the problem, it's 5955thb now .

But this isn't the 1st time I seen this, previously I've seen a RM 9 ticket KUL-PEN (again it says total + taxes + surcharge) but once i click on the next page it changes to RM129.

p2.jpg

p1.jpg

p3.jpg

I think there's a bug in the website. I tried doing the same booking using the desktop interface and mobile interface and found the mobile interface giving the higher price

however, common sense also dictates that that the fare for example below rm20 or below S$40, is not the final fare - as airport charges and airport's security fees alone would come up to S$43 in Singapore.

however, common sense also dictates that that the fare for example below rm20 or below S$40, is not the final fare - as airport charges and airport's security fees alone would come up to S$43 in Singapore.

Then they should reflect that as airport charges and airport security fees. They should tell consumers TOTAL PRICE: SGD59.50 on one page then SGD210.50 the next.

That's not the way to win back customers.

That's not the way to win back customers.

Sugar daddy has agreed to open up wallet again, MH doesn't need customers for the immediate future :)

Sometime there's no surcharge at all. Sometime got.

you will hit jackpot when the bug forgets to load in tax and surcharges, and charges only base fare. managed to purchase such fare only once and wasn't denied check in :p..

Edited by V Wong

Sign in to follow this