MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kenneth Chong WT

liquid restrictions at klia2?

A quick question if you don't mind...anyone flown out of with airasia x/ D7 from the new klia2?

Were there water dispensers outside the washroom at the international pier?

Could you fill your empty bottle after security or purchase cheaper water past security to bring onboard?

Is there additional security checks at the gate area ala klia?

On full fledge airlines...you get water for free...but on airasia x...you'll need to buy...which is a pain in the a$$...if you ask me...

Thanks in advance people...

You have to walk about 500m 800m sans highly prized and extremely rare species called walkalator to locate one. There is only one near the toilet smack in the middle of the long track, after secondary security screening.

Edited by V Wong

The last time I was there there was a notice just after the security check that you cannot bring your own bottle into Australia. No problem with other destination.

On full fledge airlines...you get water for free...but on airasia x...you'll need to buy...which is a pain in the a$$...if you ask me...

The food is good though. Just order anything except the nasi leak.

The last time I was there there was a notice just after the security check that you cannot bring your own bottle into Australia. No problem with other destination.

No bottles? That's a shame...i bring my own bottle for environmental reasons...😉

I dont have that issue of bring bottle to Australia with my recent trip to Sydney

I dont have that issue of bring bottle to Australia with my recent trip to Sydney

In other words...after security checks...you filled a bottle of water and got onboard a flight bound for Australia...right?

You have to walk about 500m 800m sans highly prized and extremely rare species called walkalator to locate one. There is only one near the toilet smack in the middle of the long track, after secondary security screening.

You've actually seen one ? OMG - lucky you ! Tell me , what did it look like ? Was it friendly ?

Yeah... roughly 25m long, hump backed, moves at snail pace.. Friendly to elderly and infirmed who may find the hump back easier to manouvre than able bodied. On second thought, which rare species are you referring to?

Edited by V Wong

Yeah... roughly 25m long, hump backed, moves at snail pace.. Friendly to elderly and infirmed who may find the hump back easier to manouvre than able bodied. On second thought, which rare species are you referring to?

The travelator. The toilet is also a rare creature but I managed to coax one out of hiding the other day by threatening to pee on the floor.

Huh?! I thought the equally rare water cooler. Welcome to KL-Ice-Age2

Edited by V Wong

Anyhow, make sure it doesn't resemble a bomb. :D

https://my.news.yahoo.com/did-russian-replica-bombs-escape-bribery-223600205.html

Police are investigating if there was bribery involved when a Russian student about to board a flight at KL International Airport 2 (klia2) was released after two replica bombs and a knife were found on him.

Phew...tracking klia2 needs stamina! It was up and down...up and down...then round and round and round...found the water dispenser. Outside of gate P8. Awaiting departure. Got 3 seats after opting optiontown's 'empty seat option'...hope to get some sleep tonight...

Sometimes the customs will allow some liquid packed in 150ml containers to pass through, eg..cough syrup, or medicated oil, out of humantarian issue.

I got through with an almost a full bottle of 150ml cough syrup but was asked to discard a 1/4 full hair gel. Fair. Good job. However, the belt and shoes removal process is quite trouble-some. Saw a guy juggling between holding his pants and collecting his personel belongings off the conveyor belt. At one point, his pant was half way his bottom..haha..

Someone should come out with a plastic belt buckle or a temporary suspenders so that passengers don't have to struggle to keep their pants on during this checking.

Ya...kinda happened to me...had to hold up my jeans...at least it was a pleasant experience going through klia2...not as bad as lcct...just the terminal is so big that it was more of a hike than a leisurely stroll to the gate...

Ya...kinda happened to me...had to hold up my jeans...at least it was a pleasant experience going through klia2...not as bad as lcct...just the terminal is so big that it was more of a hike than a leisurely stroll to the gate...

Cikgu, where were u flying to?

I think it is a psychological thing - now u "hike" in aircond comfort instead of walking a long way out to the aircraft. I think that the total distance isn't that bad. The trick is to arrive early to drop off your bag or complete your transit processing. Then you can do a leisurely stroll and do a bit of airside plane spotting. :)

As for liquids, I note that they are not so strict these days. I managed to carry a full 600 ml water bottle in my hand luggage. I had forgotten to consume it but they did not make a fuss.

Believe almost all of the hold-up were due to passengers unaware of the requirement to remove their belt. Nowadays I stuff everything - my watch, wallet, belt - inside my backpack before walking through the scanner. Smooth sailing 10 out of 10 times.

why is it that at KUL you must remove the belt At SIN there is no need and at DXB its shoes and belt... sigh....

why is it that at KUL you must remove the belt At SIN there is no need and at DXB its shoes and belt... sigh....

Probably belt buckle trigger too many alarm; without belt, less frisk search work.

The real reason: "That is the procedure" and "Saya yang menurut perintah (I just following order)".

Hehehe....I'm in Melbourne. Youngest bro graduating from Swinburne...on the way back to KUL before flying back to KCH on Wed night...drama unfolding as we speak. My younger bro flying to SYD just realised he's departing from Avalon instead of MEL after sharing a taxi with me to MEL...his departure is at 9...hopes he make it on time.

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

Sign in to follow this