MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
flee

Malaysianwings 10th Anniversary - 27 June 2015

count me in.haiyaaaa not much noise kah? hurm.....i still have the sticker from our 1st anniversary on my car........ :blush:

so 27 June it is ... :blush:

My flights are confirmed. I will be there!

I will be there, for either one of the days. Most likely the SZB spotting.

If anyone wants to have dinner on Friday night, we can do something, but we will need to make reservations, therefore we need to confirm the attendance.

Friday night I can. Nusentral is in KL Sentral?

Any update for this gathering?

Its quite difficult to plan anything if people don't confirm if they are coming.

For now, it will be the normal plane spotting sessions at KUL and/or SZB. We may have other activities once attendance is confirmed.

Our list of confirmed participants:

1 Waiping

2 flee

3 Josh T

4 Mohd Yohan

5 Simon

6 Gavin Andrew David

1 Waiping

2 flee

3 Josh T

4 Mohd Yohan

5 Simon

6 Gavin Andrew David

7 Hon Kit (after 4pm)

Citta Mall may be abit far for dinner. There is some restaurant at KLIA2 and Mitsui. Can plan for dinner there .

1 Waiping

2 flee

3 Josh T

4 Mohd Yohan

5 Simon

6 Gavin Andrew David

7 Hon Kit (after 4pm)

8 KS Ong

okay, who's the contact person of this........let's create a whatsapp group for this event so we know where to meet when the time comes n all ? :pardon:

Hi all,

I am happy to confirm my participation. I will arrive on the morning of 27 June on Jetstar flight (arriving at 0810) via KLIA2 and departing on same day on Jetstar at 2120.

Is it convenient for someone to grab me on arrival at KLIA2 soon after 0810hrs? I will have no check baggage and will be able to clear quite quickly. Many thanks and look forward to celebrating Mwings' 10th Anniversary with you folks.

KC Sim

Hi all,

I am happy to confirm my participation. I will arrive on the morning of 27 June on Jetstar flight (arriving at 0810) via KLIA2 and departing on same day on Jetstar at 2120.

Is it convenient for someone to grab me on arrival at KLIA2 soon after 0810hrs? I will have no check baggage and will be able to clear quite quickly. Many thanks and look forward to celebrating Mwings' 10th Anniversary with you folks.

KC Sim

Sorry to butt in : your jetstar will arrive KLIA. The move to KLIA2 only happens July 8.

I almost booked the same flight as you for me to come home from my sister's surprise party but chose Oman Air instead. I think it's pretty close to the same time :)

Thanks Suzanne. Appreciate your pointing out the error ... KS has offered to pick me up at 0845hrs. Will draw his attention to this.

I was also considering Oman Air ... but because I wanted to return the same evening at a late timing ...

Looking forward to this event ... and the opportunity to photograph as many MAS aircraft as possible before the re-branding takes place and a new livery is painted.

KC

okay, who's the contact person of this........let's create a whatsapp group for this event so we know where to meet when the time comes n all ? :pardon:

Plz pm your number to me and I can keep u informed.

1 Waiping

2 flee

3 Josh T

4 Mohd Yohan

5 Simon

6 Gavin Andrew David

7 Hon Kit (after 4pm)

8 KS Ong

9 KC Sim

Runways 14L(mostly take offs)/14R (mostly landings)/15 (mixed mode) are now active.

I should be there too. Trying to get MH to get my flights sorted/confirmed (long story). At this stage, I'm tentatively booked to arrive into KUL on MH140 at OMG o'clock on Jun 27 and heading back to Sydney on MH141 on Jun 29. I'm planning to stay at one of the nearby airport hotels.

Josh, do u need a pickup? I see your ETA is approx 4 am.

No need, flee. KS is picking me up at 8:30.

The 10th Anniversary spotting session began quietly at KLIA in glorious weather - sunshine and blue skies greeted us. MalaysianWings spotters had to quickly adapt to a new runway arrangement. Arrivals are at Runway 14R and departures, 14L. Meanwhile, the LCCs are using Runway 15 in mixed mode.

Overnight, JoshT arrived from Sydney while KC Sim arrived from Singapore on board JetStar Asia's morning flight. Chauffer driven pickup service was provided by KS Ong while I picked up our BKI member, WaiPing. Meanwhile, Simon began his day driving up the Sepang from Melaka.

Can anyone identify who this guy is? Looks like he is jumping 10m high for our 10th anniversary! :yahoo:

web.jpg

Something new this year was the "selfie stick". As usual, we do it in style! :hi:

web.jpg

Our "official" photographer of the day, KS Ong has a stick higher than anyone else's. Its got remote control too... :good:

web.jpg

The day was very interesting - turnout was high, at one stage we hand 22 pax present. Everyone was so happy to see one another - some have not been seen spotting for years! All this done while the aircraft were coming in fast a furuious - Qatar, Eva Air, Emirates, Malaysia Airlines, KLM, Etihad, Cathay Pacific, British Airways, etc. etc. etc. All in glorious light - Chaity did not need to do any work! :)

Finally the day had to come to an end. And it was fitting that an AK A320 came in to describe the size of the MH aircraft behind it. :clapping:

web.jpg

Soon, we had to send KC off to the MTB and we decided on a little bit of fast food for dinner. A great day for Malaysian Wings. Thanks Gavin and all the mods who keep us on the straight and narrow! Looking forward to the 11th anniversary next year!

web.jpg

Happy 10th Anniversary, Malaysian Wings! :drinks:

Great catch up with you guys again after been missing for few years :p

Flee, nice shots btw. Will consider to use it as profile pic LOL

Here some portraits:

The Boss

DSC_0981%20res.jpg

The Sifu

DSC_0999%20res.jpg

The Sun Master

DSC_0984%20res.jpg

The Japanese Translater

DSC_0977%20res.jpg

The Most Active Spotter

DSC_0976%20res.jpg

A decade of Spotting. A decade of Friendship. To all Mwingers, near and abroad, Happy 10th Anniversary. Clear Skies, Good Traffic, Smooth Journey ahead.

1920Mwings10thGroup_zpswmcheg8v.jpg