MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
flee

Malaysianwings 10th Anniversary - 27 June 2015

Yes, it is the BIG TEN next year!

Already, some members are making proposals as to what should be done to celebrate this landmark!

From the 9th Anniversary thread: http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19480&p=347074

Next year will be our 10th anniversary. We should plan big for that. What should be do?

I was thinking , next year we should go spotting on a boat in HKG. That would be fun.

More ideas and suggestions would be most welcome. We have time to plan for this one! :)

What do you think, Malaysian Wings members?

since HKG is highly possibility impossible for the boat spotting, how about TPE for the alternative? :D

As we run up to the BIG 10 I have a few suggestions.

1) New MalaysianWings logo perhaps? Run a contest among members and the winner get maybe a scale model.

2) Jersey/t-shirt with logo in front, MalaysianWings (or Mwings if members are ok with it) at the back and a big 10 like numbers and names on football jersey. From feedback jersey is much preferred for spotting use than normal tee.

Still think we need to do it in KL since it's the forum's birthplace.

shall we redo a new batch of MW car sticker?

http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1202&p=36442

with a line of merchandise like

remove before flights suggested by WaiPing

http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10718&p=222838

Yes, souvenir merchandise would be a good idea and proceeds from the sale should go towards the upkeep of this site. We can begin the design and production process right now and the souvenirs can be sold throughout 2015.

I definitely think the 10-year anniversary should be in KL. I'll be there for sure!

2014 was a great year for MWings members - quite a lot of events happening for us to cover. Just go to Obs Hill threads to check them out! :)

Now I am looking forward to more great things in 2015, especially the 10th Anniversary! Who would have thought that MWings will have such staying power!

Guys and Gals, please mark your calendars! :)

A bit of nostalgia, in case you forgot how it was in the early days:

http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5944&page=1

http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9402&page=1

I definitely think the 10-year anniversary should be in KL. I'll be there for sure!

Agree 100%: KUL it should be (or SZB)...

Agree 100%: KUL it should be (or SZB)...

Pieter, welcome back! You have been MIA for a while!

No vote was called for the venue this year because it was unanimous that KUL will be the natural venue for MWings' BIG TEN anniversary!

Looking forward to seeing you and Mai.

Pieter, welcome back! You have been MIA for a while!

No vote was called for the venue this year because it was unanimous that KUL will be the natural venue for MWings' BIG TEN anniversary!

Looking forward to seeing you and Mai.

Glad to be back :)

Have requested leave already for the end of June 2015, however, not approved as yet: will keep you posted !!!

This topic seems to be dead :(

Any plans as yet as to spend the weekend ?

Is weather-station accessible again for photography, or any (new)/other spots for that matter ?

Would love to make my new camera 'working hard' with so many new airlines for me at KUL (Malindo, Mahan, Iraqi, etc.etc)...just don't know their schedules, so hope they operate during the weekend (?)...Air Koryo still doing the KUL runs ?

After transitting KLIA last friday, getting more and more excited to be back in June !!!

Kwek, you'll be there too ?

If the venue is KUL/SZB then it will be my 3rd trip to Malaysia the 1st half of 2015! Hope that the organizing committee would discover a cool location :)

2months to go..krik krik ......

if its in KUL count me in :)

will be fasting that time, but nvm..

we can do an open fast session after that..hehe

I will be traveling to KUL for anniversary on 26/6 via OD1003 and return 28/6 via AK5134.

OK, lets start our list of confirmed participants:

1 Waiping

2 flee

Agenda

We may have something like this as not everyone can make it for every item on the agenda:

26 June (from 7.30 pm):

Meet and Greet - might be a good idea for arriving participants to meet and greet one another.

Suggest somewhere like NuSentral (many F&B choices) as people from out of town might be staying at hotels near KL Sentral.

27 June (from 7.00 am):

Spotting at KUL runways 32L/32R/33 - u can choose which runway you wish to cover

Lunch break should be from around 12 to 2 pm (when the light is terrible)

Anniversary Dinner should be around 7.30 pm (after Muslims break their fast) -

Suggestion: Unique Seafood, Citta Mall

28 June (from 7.00 am)

Spotting at SZB/KUL

Participants disperse after spotting.

Edited by flee

I should be there too. Trying to get MH to get my flights sorted/confirmed (long story). At this stage, I'm tentatively booked to arrive into KUL on MH140 at OMG o'clock on Jun 27 and heading back to Sydney on MH141 on Jun 29. I'm planning to stay at one of the nearby airport hotels.