MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
xtemujin

Air Algerie - Algeria's national airline "loses contact with plane"

My first thought before reading the BBC link is oh no it can't be the D7 A340 that is currently being wet leased to them.

Would appreciate if anyone can give some details of the D7 wet lease agreement with Air Algerie - how many aircraft, how many Malaysian crews based in Algiers etc.

JUST IN: Crash site is reported to be near Tilemsi, 70 km from Gao in Mali.

Aircraft: Swiftair MD-83 EC-LTV

Construction Number: 53190/ 2148
Date of Manufacture: Jun 1996
Age 18.2 Years

Origin of passengers*:

France 50
Burkina Faso 24
Lebanon 8
Algeria 6
Canada 5
Germany 4
Luxembourg 2
Mali 1
Belgium 1
Nigeria 1
Egypt 1
Ukraine 1
Romania 1
Swiss 1
Spain 6 (all crew)
Unidentified 4
*Final list remains unclear now as many passengers hold dual citizenships.
Looks like there will be many countries in mourning soon. May those departed be rest in peace. May God granted the families and friends strength through this difficult period.

My first thought before reading the BBC link is oh no it can't be the D7 A340 that is currently being wet leased to them.

Would appreciate if anyone can give some details of the D7 wet lease agreement with Air Algerie - how many aircraft, how many Malaysian crews based in Algiers etc.

Friend of mine one the crew operated for AirAlgerie as D7 crew. They using A330 instead of A340. Luckily they all safe. As per him, they just meet the ill-fated crew at hotel's lobby before they leave for AH5507. They said aircraft was leased by swift air for Air Algerie. Pray and thoughts for them.

Regarding to your question, D7 leased one of their A330 wih 2 or 4 set of crew if not mistaken.

Edited by Nabiel Haniff

Sign in to follow this