MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MH Crew Led the Malaysian Contingent at Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games

Some parties are lobbying for MH crew to lead the Malaysian contingent at the opening ceremony of the XX Commonwealth Games in Glasgow in 3 days from now. This is a gesture of unity and support towards the airline and to push for the global community to come up with a solution to the MH17 tragedy.

I think it is a brilliant idea. If you agree too, cast your vote here. http://www.astroawani.com/news/show/undian-wajarkah-krew-mas-dibenar-bawa-jalur-gemilang-di-sukan-komanwel-40298

Sports and Youth Minister is aware of the lobbying effort, so hopefully he can turn it into a reality.

10552656_917935964889672_786267363520178

By elevating profile in time of crisis like this may gain some sympathy but would have stronger long term impact on consumers mind, which would be bad for branding.

I don't think it would be bad for the branding in the long term (See 9/11).

Don't forget to include closing ceremony for double exposure.

It takes a lot of courage and guts to face the world smiling (?) at such a depressing time. But then , MH crew is the bravest of all. After all, the occupational hazard is the highest for them

It takes a lot of courage and guts to face the world smiling (?) at such a depressing time. But then , MH crew is the bravest of all. After all, the occupational hazard is the highest for them

Flag bearer have to smile? Not necessary.... After all, they still have to smile to every passenger onboard MAS flights everyday after the incident.

By elevating profile in time of crisis like this may gain some sympathy but would have stronger long term impact on consumers mind, which would be bad for branding.

The intention is not to gain sympathy.... read the article from the link provided.

This is a potential double-edged sword in the making. May turn into a PR nightmare. There will be those that view it in a negative way.

I see no damage done in not doing it. Hence, IMO, it shouldn't be done.

Sport and politics should never mix

MAS is politics ? That's news!

Anyway, it is already 22nd July 2014 and the opening ceremony falls on 24th July 2014. So far we haven't heard anything on this. So i guess it is a no-go ?

I boarded an MAS flight approximately 10 hours after MH17 went down (last Friday morning Malaysian Time). I was in total disbelief and my hands were shaking as i typed the message about this terrible accident to a few good friends of mine when i learned of the news at 11.20pm on that horrible day. I am sure everyone working at MAS was just as shocked but it wasn't showing at all, at least not on any of the crew members working on that morning flight i took to KUL. They were still smiling at everyone, and for some reason, crew on that morning flight were all unusually friendlier than usual. I thought that was really professional of them. If by carrying our flag through the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony parade can somehow lift up their spirit, i do not see how this is a bad thing. After all there were 10 British onboard that ill-fated flight. It will be even better if they could work out something with the organizer such as to observe one minute of silence in memory of those murdered on MH17 last week.

Edited by Isaac

Personally find Malaysian culture is detaching from outside more and more. MH17 incident is an unfortunate tragedy, Commonwealth games is a celebration event and cheering is not a common practice to remember or respect the death. If MH crew lead the contingent, instead receiving the most cheer, I bet my 2 cents that the stadium will go quiet and solemn.

Black armband is a good gesture.

But I think wearing it against a much less fancy background will leave a more lasting effect.

KL30_260614_MSN.jpg

Very proud! Nicol David and her megawatt smile.

Don't care what the world says of MH and Malaysia. Anak jati Malaysia

Edited by V Wong

Sign in to follow this