MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
xtemujin

MAS B772 9M-MRD (Ex Heliconia) Flight MH17 AMS-KUL Shot Down by Russian Missile in Ukraine All 298 POB Killed

LH Group (along with TK) is still flying over the Caspian Sea despite new warnings from ICAO and EASA. Flight route image from SCMP:

Flight%2Bpath.jpg

Here's a quote from LH:

Sophy Zheng, a Lufthansa spokeswoman for greater China, acknowledged precision weapons crossed air routes between Europe and the Middle East, but believed it was safe to fly because the missiles and jets were "operating on very different altitudes".

But we all know what happened to MH 17 (and LH group was flying over Ukraine then too).

Edited by Craig

But we all know what happened to MH 17 (and LH group was flying over Ukraine then too).

Cruise missile and SAM flight envelope and target acquisition is different.

Edited by KK Lee

Too much political hands behind, Najib hands are tied too. Russia, Ukraine, the EU, USA.....the list goes on and on.......I don't see any ending for MH17. Not in this lifetime.

Malaysia Airlines Settles MH17 Damages- Report

July 17, 2016

Malaysia Airlines has struck a deal to settle damages claims for most victims of its MH17 flight that was shot down over eastern Ukraine two years ago, Dutch national broadcaster NOS reported.
NOS cited Veeru Mewa, a lawyer representing Dutch victims.
Under the Montreal Convention, airlines must pay damages of up to about EUR€130,000 (USD$145,000) to victims' families, regardless of the circumstances of a crash.
MH17 was shot down over territory held by pro-Russia separatists, killing all 298 passengers and crew. Most of the passengers were Dutch.
(Reuters)

Although not a directly related news on MH17, but if you read through the news, you would find something interesting here:

"A laptop seized from the suspects was found to have been used in Brazil, Switzerland and Malaysia.

In Malaysia it was used to target the investigation into the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight MH-17 over rebel-held territory in eastern Ukraine in 2014, killing all 298 people on board.

The cyber operation targeted Malaysia's attorney general's office and Malaysian police, Ambassador Wilson said."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45746837

I wonder what would Malaysian government react to this?

Edited by I. Wong

Conspiracy theory or not, western media is biased and often attached to their political agenda.  

I was in Hong Kong to witness the so called Pro-democracy bullshit movement.  The western media are so biased that they turned a blind eve on the truth but supported the vigilantes that destroyed the city.  The western media and western govt orchastred much of the movement from behind the scene.

It is good to watch all media - western media watchers will also wince when they watch the CCTV coverage of events in HK.

Moral of the story is to read and view media widely (and with open minds) so that you get coverage from the various perspectives. Then only make your mind up, if you wish to form some opinion!

PS On a personal note, apart from Malaysian media, I do follow US, Australian, British, French, Chinese, Russian and Middle Eastern media too. They are all biased. Really makes one think what the real function of media (of the various countries) and the agenda that they pursue.

2 hours ago, flee said:

It is good to watch all media - western media watchers will also wince when they watch the CCTV coverage of events in HK.

Moral of the story is to read and view media widely (and with open minds) so that you get coverage from the various perspectives. Then only make your mind up, if you wish to form some opinion!

PS On a personal note, apart from Malaysian media, I do follow US, Australian, British, French, Chinese, Russian and Middle Eastern media too. They are all biased. Really makes one think what the real function of media (of the various countries) and the agenda that they pursue.

Very true....  can't rely on anyone to report real news these days.

One thing for sure... the US wants to cripple or slow down the Chinese and possibly brought them under the control of the US, so the US can continue their domination for years to come.

Unfortunately MH17, Malaysia Airlines and possibly Malaysia are victims in this case.  Accusations were quickly formed by supplying possibly doctored "evidence".  It seems after all there is a struggle or proxy warfare in the background that is largely unaware of by the general public.

Edited by S V Choong

13 hours ago, S V Choong said:

Conspiracy theory or not, western media is biased and often attached to their political agenda.  

I was in Hong Kong to witness the so called Pro-democracy bullshit movement.  The western media are so biased that they turned a blind eve on the truth but supported the vigilantes that destroyed the city.  The western media and western govt orchastred much of the movement from behind the scene.

There are ten of thousands incidents everyday that are news worthy. it is editors job to choose those that fit the news organization owners and consumers preference. similarly, mainland chinese media is guided by ccppd.

18 hours ago, KK Lee said:

There are ten of thousands incidents everyday that are news worthy. it is editors job to choose those that fit the news organization owners and consumers preference. similarly, mainland chinese media is guided by ccppd.

Exactly, western news aren't as balance or free of propaganda as many think they are. 

Chinese media is guided by the CCPPD.... imagine if they are not, the social order will be hard to maintain.  The western media and govt would frankly like to cripple the CCP through years of demonising the CCP.  So there goes the political agenda.

For me personally, facts that is free from propaganda and political agenda is extremely important to me.

Edited by S V Choong

1 hour ago, S V Choong said:

Exactly, western news aren't as balance or free of propaganda as many think they are. 

Chinese media is guided by the CCPPD.... imagine if they are not, the social order will be hard to maintain.  The western media and govt would frankly like to cripple the CCP through years of demonising the CCP.  So there goes the political agenda.

For me personally, facts that is free from propaganda and political agenda is extremely important to me.

I think one important difference is the Western media allows for different viewpoints - e.g. you see Fox News as very pro Trump whereas other American media are very anti-Trump. So if you watch a few channels you can get some idea what the real news is. But Russian, Saudi and Chinese media only project their government's views - and journalists can get killed if they are reporting anti government news! Malaysian media used to be all about BN government but at least now, other views may be presented. We are still far from a free media, but it is getting a bit better.

3 hours ago, flee said:

I think one important difference is the Western media allows for different viewpoints - e.g. you see Fox News as very pro Trump whereas other American media are very anti-Trump. So if you watch a few channels you can get some idea what the real news is. But Russian, Saudi and Chinese media only project their government's views - and journalists can get killed if they are reporting anti government news! Malaysian media used to be all about BN government but at least now, other views may be presented. We are still far from a free media, but it is getting a bit better.

The assumption is that such journalist will be killed for reporting different view point... i think that's a cold war propaganda.  I will believe it when I see it. All western medias are now reporting anything China with negativity.  A decade ago, it was the Arabs and the middle east and Islam.  They always find someone to blame and then brainwash the public bits by bits.

From the other side of the coin:

https://thenanjinger.com/news/national-news/wuhan-expats-fed-up-with-foreign-media-hype/?fbclid=IwAR3L811ZNKdTRD1ebBgNicn0h8JfJwArAfxOLaWw997p0OZm9xkO1iGQTuk