MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
xtemujin

MAS B772 9M-MRD (Ex Heliconia) Flight MH17 AMS-KUL Shot Down by Russian Missile in Ukraine All 298 POB Killed

I was also informed by my mum that a relative do actually know someone who work in UMS that was on that ill fated flight, and turn out it is your friend. :-(

I'm just too sad to say anything.

Makes me even sadder when reading the condolences messages pouring from all over the world, particularly from all airlines all over the world on FB.

Loosing the plane in such a tragic incident is akin to loosing a family member. The plane too have "soul" of its own. I never failed to pay respects to the planes I flew in by just merely giving it a light pat on its side as I entered the cabin. Likewise for the pilots, I just tell the stewards/ess to thank the pilots for me upon disembarking.

The best way to convey your sympathies to the affected is just to give them a hug, and to be around them and helping out with their normal chores and food as they normally would not be able to eat much. Give them space as well to rest their thoughts and bodies. No amount of words will be able to comfort them, so if you have nothing else to say, just don't. Be around them would be good enough.

I'm just too sad to say anything.

Be strong Capt. Life has to go on. We find solace that those on board are now at a better place at peace.

Loosing the plane in such a tragic incident is akin to loosing a family member. The plane too have "soul" of its own. I never failed to pay respects to the planes I flew in by just merely giving it a light pat on its side as I entered the cabin. Likewise for the pilots, I just tell the stewards/ess to thank the pilots for me upon disembarking.

The best way to convey your sympathies to the affected is just to give them a hug, and to be around them and helping out with their normal chores and food as they normally would not be able to eat much. Give them space as well to rest their thoughts and bodies. No amount of words will be able to comfort them, so if you have nothing else to say, just don't. Be around them would be good enough.

I did the same everytime i board d aircraft. A pat at the fuselage.

Rumours seem to fly around that the seperatist has started bringing the bodies away. I cant help but feel that its not just bodies they are carrying out of the crash site. Possibly crucial evidence as well. Dont think the investigation will be as straight forward as we hope.sigh

http://www.bharian.com.my/bharian/articles/MH17_Puakpemisahambil196mayatyangditemui-Ukraine/Article/?mutakhir=1

And another link on the statement by the rebels

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/07/20/mh17-rebels-find-black-boxes/

Edited by iwan

From the pics splashed about on the net I don't think the bodies were treated with the respect and dignity they deserve. They seem to be piled up haphazardly on train cars and open flatbed lorries.

From the pics splashed about on the net I don't think the bodies were treated with the respect and dignity they deserve. They seem to be piled up haphazardly on train cars and open flatbed lorries.

Sad but true.. Scenes from other news broadcast showed bodies were rolled over from the stretcher on to the grass shoulder of the road by the blue gloved fire services . Not only their belongings are looted, but their wear-ons were also looted.

Our PM have told the kins here that he wanted all the Malaysian victims to be returned to Malaysia before Hari Raya.

Well for one, he should have conveyed his message to the authorities overthere and be more vocal about our demand.

Secondly, it may be quite unrealistic to say so as the process of retrieving the bodies, and forensic identification on them would take some time.

And lastly, the PM should also mentioned the same for the victims of other nationalities since it is only responsible of us to do so.

Edited by Cire

I saw a few MH flights got cancelled today.

I wonder if this is due to low load (pax are allowed to cancel at no cost) or crew shortage (saw news that some MH crew are traumatic by the incident and reluctant to fly).

Rumours seem to fly around that the seperatist has started bringing the bodies away. I cant help but feel that its not just bodies they are carrying out of the crash site. Possibly crucial evidence as well. Dont think the investigation will be as straight forward as we hope.sigh

http://www.bharian.com.my/bharian/articles/MH17_Puakpemisahambil196mayatyangditemui-Ukraine/Article/?mutakhir=1

And another link on the statement by the rebels

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/07/20/mh17-rebels-find-black-boxe

rumour has it that they try to steal the organs from the victims bodies....

Watching the Youtube video on Astro Awani now. So graceful...

My mate reporter Awani went to Kiev with special investigation team from Malaysia via MH5002 last Friday/Saturday.

According to him 4 hours stuck at Kyiv Boryspil International Airport once arrive still can't access to MH17 crashed location due to security issue.

The PM should have summoned the Russian ambassador and admonished him

He should have clearly and explicitly stated our views and what we want

Malaysia is still reluctant to lay blame for the attack on its civilian airliner which killed 298 people, including 43 Malaysians, New York Times reported.

The daily said Putrajaya appeared to be in a cautious diplomacy, keeping its good ties with Russia while keeping away from American policies, a challenge to President Barack Obama who seeks to isolate Moscow over the shooting down of the plane.

Obama and other Western leaders have said that the ground-to-air missile that struck MH17 were made in Russia, accused Russia's President Vladimir Putin of leading a proxy war in Ukraine.

The Malaysian government has, however, yet to single out the Russians.

"We need verification on that, we want to get to the bottom of it," Defence Minister Datuk Seri Hishamuddin Hussein was quoted by NYT as saying.

He said Malaysia did not have a position on the matter until all the facts had been verified on what caused the plane, which was en route to Kuala Lumpur from Amsterdam, to crash.

Malaysian political analyst Professor James Chin said Malaysia would probably wait for a formal investigation before making any public accusations, even if it thinks separatists using Russian-supplied weaponry were to blame.

This, he said, was because Malaysia still valued good relations with Russia, which it considers a superpower.

“The Malaysian thinking is that there’s no need to antagonize Russia unless it’s all there in black and white.

“They’ll wait for a final report from an international organization or independent investigation that blames Russia.

"Anything based from the United States, a third party, would not be enough on its own," Chin told NYT.

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/putrajaya-in-cautious-diplomacy-over-mh17-says-new-york-times#sthash.3kxQhcOm.dpuf

A political party like to pledge "don't bite the hand that feeds you", who dare to offence the big mama's business partner?

Edited by KK Lee

I do the same too...As a kid i was fascinated by MRD in its heliconia livery, so its like an old friend just died.

Malaysia is still reluctant to lay blame for the attack on its civilian airliner which killed 298 people, including 43 Malaysians, New York Times reported.

The daily said Putrajaya appeared to be in a cautious diplomacy, keeping its good ties with Russia while keeping away from American policies, a challenge to President Barack Obama who seeks to isolate Moscow over the shooting down of the plane.

Obama and other Western leaders have said that the ground-to-air missile that struck MH17 were made in Russia, accused Russia's President Vladimir Putin of leading a proxy war in Ukraine.

The Malaysian government has, however, yet to single out the Russians.

"We need verification on that, we want to get to the bottom of it," Defence Minister Datuk Seri Hishamuddin Hussein was quoted by NYT as saying.

He said Malaysia did not have a position on the matter until all the facts had been verified on what caused the plane, which was en route to Kuala Lumpur from Amsterdam, to crash.

Malaysian political analyst Professor James Chin said Malaysia would probably wait for a formal investigation before making any public accusations, even if it thinks separatists using Russian-supplied weaponry were to blame.

This, he said, was because Malaysia still valued good relations with Russia, which it considers a superpower.

“The Malaysian thinking is that there’s no need to antagonize Russia unless it’s all there in black and white.

“They’ll wait for a final report from an international organization or independent investigation that blames Russia.

"Anything based from the United States, a third party, would not be enough on its own," Chin told NYT.

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/putrajaya-in-cautious-diplomacy-over-mh17-says-new-york-times#sthash.3kxQhcOm.dpuf

A political party like to pledge "don't bite the hand that feeds you", who dare to offence the big mama's business partner?

A friend like this is no friend at all. We need a stronger response!

But then again, all Western powers are all talk and no action.

Putin did visit Malaysia before Dr M stepped down. I think Russia also values its ties to Malaysia and it should do everything it could to assist and admit if it was responsible.

Looking at MH370 and MH17, Malaysia really do not have many friends.. Guess this is the real world, everyone for themselves.. We have to be self sufficient.

Japan was an exception, they helped out a lot for MH370 though they didn't need to.

With MH17, SIA was quick to announce that they do not fly the route (though they actually did), no sympathy at all.

CNN and some Australian medias twisted their news like Malaysia Airlines was trying to cut cost by flying over dangerous area which other airlnes avoided..

Russia, well, I never think Russia considers Malaysia as a friend, though we have tried to be friendly. We have tried to be friendly with many countries.

i don't blame the country's administration for not being stern for now...i mean so far we have yet to know the real culprit though circumstances is pointing towards Russia.....i'm not saying Russia shouldn't be held accountable, the should at least be forcing those rebels they're supporting to allow access to the crash site...

then again so far the US or even Ukraine has yet to provide black and white proof to Malaysia that it came from the Russian friendly side...by any chance they have shared all the military evidence with Malaysia? I mean before the US went barging into Iraq last time they actually shared photographical "evidence" of those WMD sites in Iraq with their partners and the UN to gain approval for their action...

Ukraine did shot down an airliner full of Israelis back in 2001 and did not claim responsibility until a few days later so their record is not all that clean as well...

Unlike some countries (South Korea, Singapore, Australia and the likes) we are not a strong US ally, so it's always good to put some restraint on the diplomatic side...the same can be said from NATO countries (aside from US and UK), they've been mainly talk but no action so far as they actually rely on Russia for energy supply