MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
xtemujin

MAS B772 9M-MRD (Ex Heliconia) Flight MH17 AMS-KUL Shot Down by Russian Missile in Ukraine All 298 POB Killed

I'm slightly puzzeled as to why it is taking so long to determine the nationalities of those onboard. Surely MH and the Dutch immigration authorities have the passport details of all those onboard.

Still 4 passengers nationalities "unverified"

Geoff

During AF447, they had difficulties because some passengers had multi-citizenship. Considering this flight originated from Europe, there is more likely some pax have dual citizenship.

That video is horrifying. Airplane appears to be in a steady uncontrollable dive. Can't imagine what it's like in the cabin, pilots struggling to regain control. This is mass murder. Malaysia should probably review diplomatic ties with Russia if it's true the separatists are backed by them.

All those angkasawan program, goes out the window now, just my sentiments.

The USA will use this to be chums with Malaysia, as they've been trying hard for the past few years. There might be special deals coming with their Super Hornet offer for the replacement of our MiG29.

I'm hardly superstitious, but 9M-MRD first flew on 17th of July 1997. So she was 17 at the time of the disaster. What a coincidence?

Malaysia Airlines Retires Flight Number MH17 from 25JUL14

Malaysia Airlines today (18JUL14) adjusted operational flight number on Amsterdam – Kuala Lumpurroute. Starting Friday 25JUL14, MH17 will be re-numbered as MH19.

The change was made around evening hours local time, approximately after 1600LT in Kuala Lumpur on 18JUL14.

MH16 KUL2355 – 0645+1AMS 772 D

MH19 AMS1200 – 0610+1KUL 772 D

At present time, KLM continues to use codeshare flight number KL4103.

ScreenShot056.png

(Screenshot taken at 0600 Pacific Daylight Time / 1300GMT)

http://airlineroute.net/2014/07/18/mh-ams-jul14/

I'm hardly superstitious, but 9M-MRD first flew on 17th of July 1997. So she was 17 at the time of the disaster. What a coincidence?

It coincided with TWA 800 anniversary tragedy too, which was also claimed being shot down.

Explode. Rapid decompression. Disintegration when aircraft achieved terminal velocity in the dive. Human lives most likely would have perished quite quickly during the initial hit by the missile. It will probably take no more than 20seconds to impact ground. Terrifying moments.

My senior was with her 1 year old son Ben...wonder what went through their mind in those final moments...

As a father of two children. I feel sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to their families.

I was thinking even if we found who was responsible,what can we do about it?:

Pro russian seperatist: we cant sue a rebel no? I dont believe they are tied to any form of laws.

ukraine or russia themselves: severe diplomatic or economic ties?and render our russian military hardware useless?

Scary thought to think justice does not truly exist in international law

I think the culprits of this incident is not as straight forward as we would like to see it......media not potraying Russia to be the mastermind since Russian back rebels are said to be responsible....I think its more deeper and twisted to this whole saga....reminds me of the plot in "Sum of All Fears" ...................

Really doubt if the perpetrators will be brought to justice. Now politicans are lining up like vultures, trying to secure whatever advantage they can get for their agendas.

This time around, it appears that this incidence touches quite a few forum-ers in here. So sorry for your lost of friends and kins.

As for MAS, the community will have to soldier on and put up a cheery face I guess. It's going to be tough to the crew and tech teams and as well as ground staffs.

Things just happened..unfortunately this time around it happened to us, again.

Unfortunately the hardest part would be to pick up the pieces and move on.

Pro russian seperatist: we cant sue a rebel no? I dont believe they are tied to any form of laws.

ukraine or russia themselves: severe diplomatic or economic ties?and render our russian military hardware useless?

Quoting a practising lawyer who is an ex classmate of mine, "I believe in unicorns much more than international justice".

Quoting a practising lawyer who is an ex classmate of mine, "I believe in unicorns much more than international justice".

Really doubt if the perpetrators will be brought to justice. Now politicans are lining up like vultures, trying to secure whatever advantage they can get for their agendas.

Unless the country value justice enormously, is a super power or member of power block (e.g. EU) that can impose damaging military might or economic sanction, even for cross border justice seen to be done is impractical. Only other alternative to serve justice is to send a hit team like Mossad.

Given gomen track record on;

- Rape charge against Malaysia diploma in New Zealand

- Ransoms paid to kidnappers in a East Sabah Waziristan

The gomen is more likely to eat humble pie, abstained from buying Russian weaponry for a few months until Putin visit to KL next year.

So tragic to see corpse lying all over the place. As a consolation thought, at least they did not suffered. Their souls are free. What is left behind is just their temporarily shell for their existence on earth. Rest in Peace now...

Street demo our best bet.

Our SMART rescue team had arrived in Kiev safely. The issue now is if they rebels will allow them in. They had basically sealed off the whole area from any rescue or investigation agencies from entering. To add to the insult, the black box was sent to Russia.

The whole MH17 make Russia looks very very bad.

In my personal capacity, I have never trust and will never trust Russia and USA...........My dealing with them was: "You better listen to what I say now, if not I will bomb you kao kao. If you survived, I will make sure my FSB/CIA people makes you disappear from surface of the Earth."

Is it worth it, Mr Putin just to gain some extra land? You will not stop at any cost? Bombed Chechnya, Crimea....now this.

Is it really worth the 298 lives of innocent, including young children, babies?

Earlier in June, BFM 98.9 interviewed the Russian Ambassador to Malaysia during the high Ukraine-Russia conflict over Crimea, made me want to puke and spit at the lady on her face (if chivalry is dead)