MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
xtemujin

MAS B772 9M-MRD (Ex Heliconia) Flight MH17 AMS-KUL Shot Down by Russian Missile in Ukraine All 298 POB Killed

MRD was cruising at FL330. I do not believe that any shoulder fired missiles can reach that height,no? This is more to the realm of a proper air defense system. Something that Russia would have around that region.

Ukraine side already mentioned BUK missile system.

The plane behind MH17 was SQ.

MRD was cruising at FL330. I do not believe that any shoulder fired missiles can reach that height,no? This is more to the realm of a proper air defense system. Something that Russia would have around that region.

Edited by xtemujin

Tell me this it isn't so... please tell me this is all just a bad nightmare :(

Bswgh7HCUAAW7g0.jpg

Bswi_mLCYAAq_xd.jpg

BswlCI_CMAATGQB.jpg

Edited by Newitt

This shouldn't be happening at all.

But then why the once-extremely-beautiful MRD? Really saddening. :(

Puzzled. And another sleepless night for many of us Malaysians.

Loads of footage from the same thread in A.Net. http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/6128856/

Are Capt. Radzi and Ian Lim alright?

Both are OK according their Facebook input...

How do I feel now?

Sad. Confused. Angry. Speechless.

I know all the tech crew, and some of the cabin crew too. Just flew MRD to DAC and back last Sunday. And just fly the area last month.

How do I feel now?

I know all the tech crew, and some of the cabin crew too. Just flew MRD to DAC and back last Sunday. And just fly the area last month.

I am really sorry for your loss. :(

9M-MRD first flight was on 17th July 1997.

Delivered to Malaysia Airlines on the 29th July 1997.

Crashed on 17th July 2014.

Exactly 17 years after her life ended abruptly....

God! Deliver us from evil.......................

Transaero, Thai Airways has tweeted and fb their condolonces. LH, UN and some other are avoiding Ukraine airspace.

MAS livery consists of red,blue and white colours, similar to Russian flag. Is it possible that the Ukrainian military misidentified it as a Russian aircraft?

As Captain Nik Huzlan said on TV3 just now, no,

I was shocked when reading this tragic news. How come all these disasters fell down on MH within these last months! My deepest condolences to the families of crew and passengers of MH017 and my share of the sorrow that you Malaysians feel right now.

How do I feel now?

Yes, much like most of us here at MWings. I said, "s#1t, oh no, not again!" as I read the CNN News alert on my phone.

Tried to sleep as I am flying early this morning - but can't help thinking about how you guys were doing. So glad to know that you are not on board. That is about the only positive news.

My condolences to all those who are affected by this disaster. Its so very unfortunate. :(