MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Al Khaymi

Air Asia runway slip at BWN

You know, that is the sort of idiotic bureaucracy we all take for granted does not happen normally - but then who is to say we are living in normal times ?! :D

:D :D :D :D

We have received information that it is unlikely that Brunei International Airport will resume normal operations by 1800 (GMT + eight). RB is currently working hard to reschedule all flights.

http://www.flyroyalbrunei.com/malaysia/2014/07/08/royal-brunei-airlines-flight-disruptions-due-to-brunei-international-airport-closure-9th-media-release/

This is getting tedious for those affected for sure !

Surely pax and crew must be suitably accommodated by now and not left at KKIA all this while ?! :)

http://www.flyroyalbrunei.com/malaysia/2014/07/08/royal-brunei-airlines-flight-disruptions-due-to-brunei-international-airport-closure-9th-media-release/

This is getting tedious for those affected for sure !

Surely pax and crew must be suitably accommodated by now and not left at KKIA all this while ?! :)

All four sets of crew were accommodated at the Hyatt KK. Rest of the passengers are scattered all over.

Those stranded in Miri are accomodated at the Marriott Miri and Marriott Putrajaya for those in KL.

this must be the joke of the day:NST political stance is well known but this coming from them ... ''An AirAsia Airbus 330 skidded off the runway upon touch down in Brunei International Airport.

even copy and paste also wrong lol!

anyway,

from Borneo Bulletin: 627 passengers are in KK now

quote: According to Royal Brunei, diverted passengers have been provided accommodation with ground staff facilitating the transportation of 627 passengers to hotels in Kota Kinabalu.

It looks like V8-DLA has just left BKI and is now on its way back to BWN.

V8-DLD is now getting ready for take-off too.

Edited by Isaac

Air-Asia-Accident.jpg
airasia-650x350.png

I recalled the 2011 incident in KCH was a big hit here in MW.

The last photo was very funny. "Look Ma, our plane crashes!"

At least Brunei get a hot news to report for maybe a week.

BKI spotters, standby.

this morning spotted a 787 depart from BKI around 0900LT. should be a flight upgrade to cater yesterday affected passenger. :pardon:
but one thing i notice is 787 rotation also very SEXY! :D

this morning spotted a 787 depart from BKI around 0900LT. should be a flight upgrade to cater yesterday affected passenger. :pardon:

I saw it too on my way back to my house this morning from Sri Kepayan/Ridgeview. It was 9.05am :)

I saw it too on my way back to my house this morning from Sri Kepayan/Ridgeview. It was 9.05am :)

The dreamliners have been working extra hard since midnight to clear the backlogs of passengers in KK and Singapore.

Somehow, BI098 was stranded in Singapore as well. Hence, two dreamliners were in Singapore at 2am this morning departing 20mins apart.

The flight planning department must be working overtime for the past three nights to get the planning sorted out. Many people have their holiday planning and business trip ruined. Many missed their connecting flight to elsewhere.

The 787 was also in KL this morning or yesterday I think.

Royal Brunei constant update on social media is something worth a thumbs up!

Still within BI's control with extra flights being deployed to handle the backlog. I recall they had to charter a B757 when one of the former SQ 777 was stranded in LHR just 2 years back IIRC.

I have a pics of it inside Brunei hangar. A friend sent it to me. It will be repaired at BWN. I cant seem to paste anything on MW. If not I can share the pics of the plane.

Here's the pics of Air asia plane at the Brunei terminal. Air asia will repair the plane at BWN

10616198_10153345808974572_2643343872696

I finally can post pic after using Google chrome.

Thanks Zeqa for the pix. She look pretty alright from the back. Wonder if RBA Engineering has the capability to do MRO for A320 family. Last we heard few years back they were gearing up for EASA certification for such service.

A friend of mine said- He's not sure who will do the repair. So far nobody is doing anything on it. RBA planes parked outside because of AA plane inside the hanger. haha