MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
mokhzani

Airline Flies Man To Grenada Instead Of Granada

Did the dentist know how much he pay for the supposely 2 hrs flight (in first class) ?

Apparently he started out from the US so the price shouldn't be much different.

But the agent that booked the flight - didn't they feel weird that he wanted to go to Grenada via London when he could have easily flown there through an American city (and spend less money in the process)?

Reminds me of a couple supposedly want to travel to Sydney (Australia) but ended up in Sydney (Nova Scotia, Canada).

There's a Buenos Aires (BAI) in Costa Rica too, so make sure you mean EZE. :D

Places with identical place names are aplenty, but travellers (including me and you) may not have have real grasp of geography, and even many out there don't know which IATA airport code represents a particular city.

The topic title should read "Man books flight to Grenada and Airline Flies Him To Grenada"

Being dumb enough not to notice the different spelling and presumably the flight time on the itinerary sure doesn't justify being compensated. Anyone want him as their dentist?

Geoff

Years ago I have a friend's friend coming from the USA to Kota Kinabalu. She indicated that she didn't want any help with purchasing air tickets, since it is pretty straight forward. Then on the day of her arrival, we waited at the airport and we couldn't see her. She rang again indicated that she is waiting right under the coconut trees. So we looked around for coconut trees at BKI and we couldn't find any... and we realised she must be at the wrong airport. We found out that she was at Kota Bahru instead! :lol:

Poor girl had to buy another ticket from KBR to KUL and then to BKI. :rolleyes:

Years ago I have a friend's friend coming from the USA to Kota Kinabalu. She indicated that she didn't want any help with purchasing air tickets, since it is pretty straight forward. Then on the day of her arrival, we waited at the airport and we couldn't see her. She rang again indicated that she is waiting right under the coconut trees. So we looked around for coconut trees at BKI and we couldn't find any... and we realised she must be at the wrong airport. We found out that she was at Kota Bahru instead! :lol:

Poor girl had to buy another ticket from KBR to KUL and then to BKI. :rolleyes:

Not the first time I've heard foreigners mixing up Kota Bahru with Kota Kinabalu. Can't blame them as both start with "Kota" and end with a "u".

However, I know of way more people who get Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai confused.

Sign in to follow this