MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal

There will be 2 last flights by Rayani, ferrying the aircraft from KUL to SZB. Date TBA.

Surprise to see support pouring in for Rayani on Ravi's FB page. Is this for real? Thought everyone hated him.

Ravi Alagendrran is the right person?

Edited by Waiping

Surprise to see support pouring in for Rayani on Ravi's FB page. Is this for real? Thought everyone hated him.

Ravi Alagendrran is the right person?

Any link to his FB page?

Pretty sure there are consumers who really, really would prefer fully Sharia-compliant providers than those of conventional providers.

Unfortunately Rayani has just demonstrated to the world how not to run an airline, Sharia or not.

Putting on a tudung and not serving alcohol do not make the airline Sharia-compliant. The sponsors are quite naive about this, and apparently so are a not so insignificant number of people out there, whom the sponsors may be taking advantage of.

Hope the government learns from this.

Setting up an airline is no easy task. Competition is always good, but it has to be sensible and sustainable.

Rayani has been appalling in every sense. But they should not have been given an AOC in the first place.

Malaysia would be wise not to go down the path of having Merpatis, Bouraqs, Sriwijayas, Adam Airs and what have you nots.

I search the name on FB. Still there as of this morning.

Putting on a tudung and not serving alcohol do not make the airline Sharia-compliant. The sponsors are quite naive about this, and apparently so are a not so insignificant number of people out there, whom the sponsors may be taking advantage of.

Yes, those are just actions on the surface.

A deeper meaning of that will include honouring your promises - e.g. operating the route as scheduled and not cancelling flights. Processing refunds in a timely manner would be another.

Now that the airline has lost its AOC, lets see if they throw out those syariah principles or not!

I went to the office in Shah alam to collect my refund. There were only 4 staff there handling refund. I was told to collect the check 3 days later and the cheque are dated 30 June.

Reason being was, the CEO found a investor and the investor would pump in some money and then from 30 June onwards only they will have the cashflow for payout.

Not sure how true, shall wait and see.

I went to the office in Shah alam to collect my refund. There were only 4 staff there handling refund. I was told to collect the check 3 days later and the cheque are dated 30 June.

Reason being was, the CEO found a investor and the investor would pump in some money and then from 30 June onwards only they will have the cashflow for payout.

Not sure how true, shall wait and see.

Given the way they have managed our trusts and expectations thus far, if I were you I would probably not be leaving until I have the refund in my hands, in cash.

Given the way they have managed our trusts and expectations thus far, if I were you I would probably not be leaving until I have the refund in my hands, in cash.

I called my bank for help last month actually for help and they are gonna investigate on that before heading to Rayani office. Then only when i received my statement and saw the credit were already in. So i didnt bother to go to Rayani office to collect the cheque.

Niche marketing is feasible if supply is limited and demand exceed supply. Due to small market share, premium pricing and higher margin is needed to sustain the business.

In a competitive business like airline, while competitor is attracting "everyone", niche airline is hard to survive.