MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal

Wow, this is so embarrassing. Why would this screenshot being shared over the social media and went all viral?

I actually got this from the personal FB page of Ravi, the founder himself. He shared it

I actually got this from the personal FB page of Ravi, the founder himself. He shared it

Ya. Visited his FB yesterday and found that the CEO shared this screen shot. He is trying so hard to show that he had done his best for his company

Edited by Yang Zulhilmi

So he's trying to portray himself as the helpless party and at the mercy of the pilot/staff? Now that's a first.

It doesn't seem right to me. based on the screenshot of the whatsapp, the one who replying the message was the captain and only the captain could screenshot that screen but why this screenshot was posted on the Ravi's fb? More disturbingly, his private number +6016 870 6786 has just been shared to the entire world?! Crap....

It doesn't seem right to me. based on the screenshot of the whatsapp, the one who replying the message was the captain and only the captain could screenshot that screen but why this screenshot was posted on the Ravi's fb? More disturbingly, his private number +6016 870 6786 has just been shared to the entire world?! Crap....

It was originally posted by another person. Ravi just shared it. I guess after he saw the response to the post he decided to use it to his advantage? Edited by Mulyadir Fitri

It was originally posted by another person. Ravi just shared it. I guess after he saw the response to the post he decided to use it to his advantage?

Ya..there's quite a number of people keep on supporting him based on comments written at his post.

Heard that both their aircraft are in the process of being repossessed by the lessor. My guess is that it will be harder for them to make a comeback. What a pity.

Looks like with the DCA increasing its charges, new airlines with insufficient capital will suffer more. I think it might be very difficult for them to come back.

I think they were thinking Air Asia or Malindo will buy them over to kill the competition.

When it only existed in the internet, stickers pasted on cars and other forms to create public awareness, it cost them peanu

But if AK and OD had 10 planes each, this plan may have worked and someone will run to the bank laughing.

Looks like with the DCA increasing its charges, new airlines with insufficient capital will suffer more. I think it might be very difficult for them to come back.

Nobody likes price increases.. but just to put things in perspective, a KUL to Sabah/Sarawak flight will cost extra of about RM15 per passenger. A peninsular flight about RM3-RM5 per passenger. And it's likely that these charges will be passed on to the passengers anyway.

As a comparison, we pay 10 times more on toll charges on the NSE.

Don't think the new DCA charges will kill off the airlines.. if Rayani can't heck it, best they stay out. Running an airline isn't easy, it's a high cost, capital intensive business and extremely competitive.

We will have to wait and see - all these charges add up. So we will definitely see ticket prices rising.

Sometimes it is not just the RM 5 extra that matters but whether that extra tips the balance (i.e. final straw that breaks the camel's back) on whether a passenger buys a ticket or not. From the airlines' point of view, these extra fees might play a part in working out the economics of the routes they are plying. As such, we just have to wait and see if the inflated DCA fees are going to do any damage.

Rayani Air is a classic example of ambition exceeding realistic capability. It was a big ask of the company and it obviously was not able to rise to the challenge. Hence, it needed "restructuring" - a new airline starting with a clean sheet requiring a restructuring so soon after its launch is something quite astonishing! Wish them lots of luck!

Nobody likes price increases.. but just to put things in perspective, a KUL to Sabah/Sarawak flight will cost extra of about RM15 per passenger. A peninsular flight about RM3-RM5 per passenger

I am assuming you have worked out those 'per passenger' rates based on a 100% load factor on all flights ? Not likely is it ? Which means the extras may be more than that quoted above - and you can be sure the airlines will pass on the costs to customers one way or another :)

I am assuming you have worked out those 'per passenger' rates based on a 100% load factor on all flights ? Not likely is it ? Which means the extras may be more than that quoted above - and you can be sure the airlines will pass on the costs to customers one way or another :)

on a lighter note,

quote: "you can be sure the airlines <- (insert any business here) - will pass on the costs to customers one way or another :)"

there I've fixed it :)

quoting from thestar;

“Similarly, flights to East Malaysia, a high-frequency route, will cost airlines more from a mere RM160-RM176 for 800 nautical miles now for the KL-to-Kota Kinabalu route to RM1,600-RM1,760 when the new charges come into effect, although it depends on aircraft type and frequency,” said an airline executive.

RM1700/120 pax = RM14.16

About 70% load factor is realistic, no?

We will have to wait and see - all these charges add up. So we will definitely see ticket prices rising.

Sometimes it is not just the RM 5 extra that matters but whether that extra tips the balance (i.e. final straw that breaks the camel's back) on whether a passenger buys a ticket or not. From the airlines' point of view, these extra fees might play a part in working out the economics of the routes they are plying. As such, we just have to wait and see if the inflated DCA fees are going to do any damage.

Rayani Air is a classic example of ambition exceeding realistic capability. It was a big ask of the company and it obviously was not able to rise to the challenge. Hence, it needed "restructuring" - a new airline starting with a clean sheet requiring a restructuring so soon after its launch is something quite astonishing! Wish them lots of luck!

Do agree that sometimes a little may just tip the balance .. the airline business is an unforgiving business. If they can't handle these little extras and problems it's best they stay out. As it is, Rayani have shown they are just not ready for the challenge.

When things go wrong in a communication company, or a bank, or a TV station, what would likely result at most is some inconvenience to its customers. When things go wrong in a flight people's lives may be at stake. We cannot take for granted the safety that we are now enjoying. All these frivolous businessmen hoping to be lucky needs to be filtered out of this industry.

I have no pity for Rayani. And I do hope the public and the authorities do not tolerate this nonsense in this industry. Won't wish them any luck.

how in the world can a CEO even say such things so undiplomatically and even talked ant racial issue when he had to promote a cleaner to a Station manager! Then what can we say abt the airline!

Expect both Rayani's aircraft be ferried from KLIA to SZB sometime in the near future.

Cosmetics tycoon Dr Vida mulling stake in Rayani Air

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2016/05/11/cosmetics-tycoon-dr-vida-mulling-stake-in-rayani-air/

If this jadi, what are chances of the planes not getting a new coat of paint :D

Qu Terbang, Qu Terbang....Barulah....

Sorry, can't help it.

Anyway, hopes she truly knows what she is really into.