MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal

Anyone dealt with Rayani refund before? Planning to get a refund for my flight to BKI in August. As of the time of writing this post, AK is offering a cheaper deal return per person. I've read on Twitter from several people that refund can take anywhere up to 1-3 months.

Perhaps, the owners are too ambitious. The real story is yet to be disclosed.

Two old planes with too many routes. Even Malindo with brand new planes and with the might of the Lion Group behind them did not start with that many routes

That Air RIths plans to operate as Waqf Airlines. Probably aiming to use ex MH 772s or other wide-bodies. Probably along the lines of Eagle Air Express.

I can understand the (reasons behind) the names, but the spelling and pronunciation needs to be properly considered.

AirAsia and Malaysia Airlines are offering special discounted tickets for all passengers affected by Rayani Air grounding. AirAsia in particular offers 50% discount, subject to terms and conditions.

Pity goes towards all those ex-MH crews who joined RN. Wings is clipped twice. :(

Rayani Air to face inquiry on May 12

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2016/04/11/rayani-air-to-face-inquiry-on-may-12/

KUALA LUMPUR: The Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) has issued a three-month temporary suspension to Rayani Air, the nation’s first Syariah-compliant airline, starting today.
An inquiry into the airline’s shortfalls will be carried out on May 12, DCA Director-General Azharuddin Abdul Rahman said, adding that the Air Operators Certificate of the airline had been provisionally suspended, a first for any airline in the country.
“DCA will exercise its powers under sub-regulation 87 (1) of the Civil Aviation Regulations 1996 to provisionally suspend the airline’s Air Operators Certificate for three months pending an inquiry on May 12,” he told reporters at the sidelines of a press briefing held on the proposed hike of their fee.

AirAsia and Malaysia Airlines are offering special discounted tickets for all passengers affected by Rayani Air grounding. AirAsia in particular offers 50% discount, subject to terms and conditions.

Pity goes towards all those ex-MH crews who joined RN. Wings is clipped twice. :(

Rayani Air to face inquiry on May 12

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2016/04/11/rayani-air-to-face-inquiry-on-may-12/

KUALA LUMPUR: The Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) has issued a three-month temporary suspension to Rayani Air, the nations first Syariah-compliant airline, starting today.

An inquiry into the airlines shortfalls will be carried out on May 12, DCA Director-General Azharuddin Abdul Rahman said, adding that the Air Operators Certificate of the airline had been provisionally suspended, a first for any airline in the country.

DCA will exercise its powers under sub-regulation 87 (1) of the Civil Aviation Regulations 1996 to provisionally suspend the airlines Air Operators Certificate for three months pending an inquiry on May 12, he told reporters at the sidelines of a press briefing held on the proposed hike of their fee.

Where can I get the 50% off promo on MH and AK?

Wondered how was the criteria like to set up an airline besides having plenty of fund to burn?

A case of mis-planning, or lack of aviation business acumen?

Where can I get the 50% off promo on MH and AK?

I believe you would have to present a confirmed e ticket with rayani and proceed to any of the AK MH ticketing branches at airports to get the promo.

I believe you would have to present a confirmed e ticket with rayani and proceed to any of the AK MH ticketing branches at airports to get the promo.

I found the link, but I have a feeling it is 50% off the most expensive fare available. Online fares are usually much much cheaper than the ones available online...but still, it is better than being stranded.

12439360_597750477068500_440151404280456

Wonder how could they operate with suspended aoc?

485 staffs with 2 aircraft? No wonder they drained they cash so fast. Even if they secure additional funding, doubt they will last long.

Edited by KK Lee

That is just one of the few WhatsApp screenshot that was making its round on social media.

Pity that the CEO has to personally beg the pilot to do his duty. Perhaps, should focus on 1 to 2 routes first for first year then can go expanding once gain customer confidence? Heck, even Flymojo is still on paper (though read somewhere got job openings for the company many weeks back).

Pity that the CEO has to personally beg the pilot to do his duty. Perhaps, should focus on 1 to 2 routes first for first year then can go expanding once gain customer confidence? Heck, even Flymojo is still on paper (though read somewhere got job openings for the company many weeks back).

Well, no offence, just my personal opinion. Why pity the CEO? If the story is true, does he ever think of the staff who never get their salary paid on time, and also, the safety of everyone who are / going to on-board the flight? :)

Well, no offence, just my personal opinion. Why pity the CEO? If the story is true, does he ever think of the staff who never get their salary paid on time, and also, the safety of everyone who are / going to on-board the flight? :)

You're right. Not a correct term to describe the CEO's action, but still pity that it comes down to this. :(