MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal

On the allerged sabotage, I doubt it. I mean look at the mereput aircraft.

In Malaysia these days everything is sabotage this and that. Agree on the mereput plane. And..oh.. don't speculate!

Awani news said MAB do a rescue flights for rayani air. 2 aircrafts been deployed

MAB did not rescue Rayani. Rayani's bosses chartered (paid for) MAB aircraft to fetch the stranded passengers.

I don't think MAB is in a mood for sedekah jariah.

The story of MAB chartered rescue. I suggest the chartering to be continued until RN able to at least lease a much newer aircraft

MAB charter flights assist Rayani Air stranded passengers back home

More: http://english.astroawani.com/malaysia-news/mab-charter-flights-assist-rayani-air-stranded-passengers-back-home-93615

MAB has some spare B738NG lying around, Good to use in case one of their aircraft go AOG. Quite surprising they can deploy crews at last minute notice! Kudos to MAB!

Rayani Air previously stated they are inducting another two more B734 and two B738 by end of 2016. MAB could be a good source for them.

The whole drama was just pure bad luck due to ageing fleet and spare parts non-availability at short notice. I can't fathom anyone would dare to do such despicable act to crash an airplane, not in Malaysia at least!

Hope they can have contingency plan put in place soon as they are about to launch Penang next month.

5 destinations, 2 aircraft.....recipe for disaster to happen!

with only 2 ageing 734s - its too ambitious to now fly to 5 destinations as can be seen what happens when one aircraft is AOG. Also am surprise the CEO was so quick to even hint at a "sabotage" - wonder who would even want to do that; and coud well be the possibility of the windshield crack is just because of age.

MAB did not rescue Rayani. Rayani's bosses chartered (paid for) MAB aircraft to fetch the stranded passengers.

I don't think MAB is in a mood for sedekah jariah.

MAB is unlikely to extend credit or discount to Rayani. For Rayani to pull through last minute chartered on a public holiday is a strength few could muster.

Edited by KK Lee

I wonder what was on offer for the affected passengers. I remember during the FAX fiasco there was no refund(?) but you can fly on next flight, which usually means on the next day. Even that flight was 50:50.

I wonder what was on offer for the affected passengers. I remember during the FAX fiasco there was no refund(?) but you can fly on next flight, which usually means on the next day. Even that flight was 50:50.

Transfered to chartered MAB flight while other option accommodation for pax till fly on next flight

Tiada Unsur Sabotaj Cermin Kokpit Retak - MD Rayani Air More: http://www.mstar.com.my/berita/berita-semasa/2016/02/10/rayani-air-sewa-pesawat/

Edited by J. Suri

Liow: Suspension of Rayani Air possible

KUALA LUMPUR: The Transport Ministry can suspend newly-established airline Rayani Air if further complaints are made against them.

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2016/03/21/liow-suspension-of-rayani-air-possible/

Liow: Rayani Air 'handwritten' boarding pass case will be investigated

http://www.kinitv.com/video/31108O8

Handwritten boarding pass is a norm as a manual boarding pass in case of system failure. Many airlines did it regularly as a drill for the staff dont see any fuss with it.

Handwritten boarding pass is a norm as a manual boarding pass in case of system failure. Many airlines did it regularly as a drill for the staff dont see any fuss with it.

Singapore authorities require any handwritten boarding passes to be stamped with a company stamp, either airline or ground handler, and with a signature of the staff who issued it also.

Singapore authorities require any handwritten boarding passes to be stamped with a company stamp, either airline or ground handler, and with a signature of the staff who issued it also.

Ah yes, forgot about the airlines authentication stamp on the manual boarding pass. Thanks for highlighting about it.

If local airlines conduct manual flight exercise more regularly the public should be aware of it especially in this age of social media. Ignorance is not always the bliss especially for the already beaten pr airlines.

There are rumors today that Rayani is in financial trouble. The staffs haven't been paid on time and some flights have been cancelled.

Any truth the the rumors? Any Rayani insider here?

Rumours have it their pilots are on strike:

https://m.facebook.com/OfficialRayaniAir

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3916700

MRzli Roslan

RM0.00 RayaniAir RN182 from KUL-LGK on 8APR16 has been CANCELLED DUE TO RAYANI AIR PILOT STRIKE. For enquiries call +603-27214925 (9am-9pm)daily. suka2 dia je nak cancel.. hotel aku dah book.. nak beli tiket last minute MAHAL.. woiiii... apa ni??? aku xtau dah nak cakap apa sbb mengigil 1 bdn dpt msg kol 3pg... hrni la aku nak g... pg2 dia bt keje hantar msg cancelled.. bagi la flight ticket yg lain... mcm mn aku nak g langkawi hrni.....

*fixed the URLs

Edited by Y. J. Foo

The site seems normal, but no indication or whatsoever on their issues.

The link to their FB has been rectified.

Very honest but not the right way to announce the cancellation.

Flight to LGK,KCH,BKI,KBR were cancelled today.Pax were informed via SMS at 3am today.No ground staff in sight at Rayani counter at KLIA2 today.Only left some people from management handling the frustrated pax.Looks like not just pilot strikes :glare:

All seems rosy and beautiful at the start. Just like all things are. Didn't expect them to roll so quick though, and so sudden

At least they tried.

So who will try next? Mojo?

Not too long ago there was another one named "Bayu Air" or some sort, that would be taking over some of the ex-MH 777s.

If, and a big IF it gets the AOC and somehow manages to get exclusive deals with Tabung Haji as the sole operator to operate Hajj and Umrah flights, it might work.

Edited by Y. J. Foo