MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal

I can't wait to fly with smarties again!!

Note that the booking engines isn't great yet...the Y fares keeps jumping, J fares kept as it is.

I am sure it will get sorted soon! :)

1. KUL-BKI-KUL

2. KUL-KCH-KUL

3. KCH-BKI-KCH

3 new routes in a row, bookings now opened...guess they are tapping opportunities here in East Malaysia...Am surprised to see the number 3...awaits more new routes from other ports in East Malaysia....

Malaysia domestic aviation 2016: AirAsia impacted as Rayani enters, Malaysia Airlines resumes growth

29-Dec-2015

Competition in Malaysia’s domestic market will intensify in 2016 as Malaysia Airlines resumes growth and start-up Rayani Air expands. The Malaysian domestic market should experience significantly faster growth than 2015 but yields will be under pressure, impacting profitability. Malaysia’s domestic market grew by only 2% in 2015, marking the slowest rate of growth since 2006. The market has more than doubled in size since 2003, driven by expansion from AirAsia. Malaysia Airlines domestic traffic has dropped significantly over the last six months and total domestic capacity in Malaysia is currently below year ago levels. But Malaysia Airlines expects to resume growth after opening seven new bases in secondary cities and introducing a new domestic schedule in Apr-2016. Meanwhile Rayani will begin competing on already crowded domestic trunk routes, joining AirAsia, Malaysia Airlines and Malindo Air. [2943 words]

1. KUL-BKI-KUL

2. KUL-KCH-KUL

3. KCH-BKI-KCH

3 new routes in a row, bookings now opened...guess they are tapping opportunities here in East Malaysia...Am surprised to see the number 3...awaits more new routes from other ports in East Malaysia....

i think the booking is not yet open. try to book just now..

i think the booking is not yet open. try to book just now..

I did dummy booking after seeing their fb post, looks ok from my end; I can see the fares and flight timing, maybe some dates nothing turn out as the website is clearly still not very stable....

Malaysia domestic aviation 2016: AirAsia impacted as Rayani enters, Malaysia Airlines resumes growth
29-Dec-2015
Competition in Malaysia’s domestic market will intensify in 2016 as Malaysia Airlines resumes growth and start-up Rayani Air expands. 6Meanwhile Rayani will begin competing on already crowded domestic trunk routes, joining AirAsia, Malaysia Airlines and Malindo Air. [2943 words]

Seriously CAPA? AK affected by RN presence?

Possibly similar sentiment prevalent in MH when AK came into being those many years ago :)

AK would be more preoccupied with a resurgent MH as well as the expanding and well funded OD in 2016.

RN is just a bit player. However, it will start the same way as AK - with two used B737s.

The nightmare unfolded earlier this morning: http://www.therakyatpost.com/news/2016/02/09/200-rayani-air-passengers-stranded-langkawi-airport/

More then 200 Rayani Air passengers stranded at Langkawi Airport

LANGKAWI, Feb 9, 2016:

More than 200 passengers were stranded at the Langkawi International Airport after a Boeing 737 aircraft of Rayani Air developed technical problems today.
Flight RN180 scheduled to leave for the Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (klia2) at 11.10am was not allowed to depart due to the technical problems.
A Rayani Air Customer Service officer said the problems were still unidentified.
“I was made to understand that the engineering division is still waiting for the replacement parts to fix the aircraft,” said the officer, who declined to reveal his name.
He said the affected passengers were given a choice whether to use ferry and bus services provided by Rayani Air back to Kuala Lumpur or to have their air fares refunded.
The officer said another Rayani Air flight scheduled at 6.20pm had also been cancelled.
Meanwhile, Nor Azman Ali, one of the affected passengers, suggested that the airline should bring in a substitute aircraft for the stranded passengers.
Rayani Air, Malaysia’s first Syariah-compliant airline, took to the skies on Dec 20 last year.

9M-RKB has been stuck in BkI since yesterday and only took this evening. One down aircraft is definitely affecting operations for other sectors as there is only two aircraft servicing 4 routes.

Edited by jahur

He said the affected passengers were given a choice whether to use ferry and bus services provided by Rayani Air back to Kuala Lumpur or to have their air fares refunded.

Should offer tickets to others airlines though not sure the others have vacant seats... a costlier option but it is the price to pay since no one gone to airport to get ferry or bus! :glare:

Reminds me of the days when AK were operating decades old B737s and had to cancel flights frequently due to aircraft going tech.

RN should probably pick up another ex MH B734 and so that they have a bit more redundancy for their services. They have failed at a crucial holiday period and this is bad PR for them.

200 pax on a former MH B734 with 144 seats? There must be 56 lap-seating babies on that LGK flight.

Think it is more than 200 passengers for both the morning- and evening flights ex LGK.

Allegedly due to cracked windshield while nightstopping in LGK, so claimed the CEO in Malaysiakini website. Investigating if there are elements of sabotage...

Think it is more than 200 passengers for both the morning- and evening flights ex LGK.

So, average load factor about 69%

Could the CNY period be considered 'peak' for LGK-KUL vv ?

Allegedly due to cracked windshield while nightstopping in LGK, so claimed the CEO in Malaysiakini website. Investigating if there are elements of sabotage...

Hard to imagine somebody with airside access willing to risk his career and do something like that.

LANGKAWI, Feb 9, 2016:

More than 200 passengers were stranded at the Langkawi International Airport after a Boeing 737 aircraft of Rayani Air developed technical problems today.
Flight RN180 scheduled to leave for the Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (klia2) at 11.10am was not allowed to depart due to the technical problems.

After night stop, first flight at 11.10am? By 11am, one could have completed 2 sectors :sorry:

isn't aircraft windshield able to withstand a frozen bird shot at it at 100 km/h? I remember watching a documentary and it mentioned how strong it has to be.

can a person really smash it with a hammer

MAB did not rescue Rayani. Rayani's bosses chartered (paid for) MAB aircraft to fetch the stranded passengers.

I don't think MAB is in a mood for sedekah jariah.

On the allerged sabotage, I doubt it. I mean look at the mereput aircraft.

MAB did not rescue Rayani. Rayani's bosses chartered (paid for) MAB aircraft to fetch the stranded passengers.

I don't think MAB is in a mood for sedekah jariah.

On the allerged sabotage, I doubt it. I mean look at the mereput aircraft.

Yes, rescued chartered lah.

There is no way of sabotage. This is because ageing aircraft kan?