MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal

Malindo Air is planning to serve MKZ with ATR-72s. This will give stiff competition with better economics. So, interesting times ahead for MKZ.

If OD gave up senai-penang then i dont see Melaka route will make more commercial sense. I'd give them 3 months

I think so

Malindo Air is planning to serve MKZ with ATR-72s. This will give stiff competition with better economics. So, interesting times ahead for MKZ.

I disagree when you talk about better economics with ATR. the time FY flew out of MKZ to MES and PEN, they cannot sustain the cost due to load factor, that really shows in their TPOB report. And if two airlines compete for passengers, market share will be at 50:50 where the the live case study of FY cannot sustain the biz with those routes have proven that it will be a dissaster. During that time only FY served out of MKZ

2hnrfx3.jpg

this one???

Waqf AIrline, to be a charter service for umrah and hajj, serving Brunie as well if I am not mistaken

If type rating is not extended to smaller aircraft like CRJ/ERJ, regional airport like MKZ will never be feasible for commercial operation.

The CRJ a better bet, but it must be premium service, ERJ has never been used in Malaysia, even tough during Tun M time he was interested to look at ERJ (Embraer 170/175 and Embraer 190/195) for replacement of B73 fleet. ERJ is good for short haul commercial, but of course the Rayani AIr has to work on the Type Rating with DCA. But to get a new aircraft takes time. "Second hand" many, but must have deep pocket for maintenance. unless Rayani air buys fuselage and orders new engines.

BEST bet would be Q400 looking at their routes. But yet, still have to work on type rating

I disagree when you talk about better economics with ATR. the time FY flew out of MKZ to MES and PEN, they cannot sustain the cost due to load factor, that really shows in their TPOB report. And if two airlines compete for passengers, market share will be at 50:50 where the the live case study of FY cannot sustain the biz with those routes have proven that it will be a dissaster. During that time only FY served out of MKZ

B734 compared to ATR-72 cannot compete on economics?

If FY struggled to fill ATR when they have a monopoly, what hope Rayani has of filling a B734 in a competitive environment?

If FY struggled to fill ATR when they have a monopoly, what hope Rayani has of filling a B734 in a competitive environment?

What I was trying to say here was...if FY cannot fill the seats...there is no hope for Rayani to fill the seats.

Since you are in the group that have interest in aviation and commercial aviation, you should know what I am talking about.

a) Look at number of seats for both ATR72 and B73-4 have to offer

B) Choose MKZ and PEN, and check how many Nm between the two distance

c) Work on ASM

d) Work on RPK or RPM for each seat

e) Check on how much fuel required to fly to and fro PEN (for both ATR72 and B73-4 (how many lb/ml or lb/km)

f) But, remember the air fare and the fee to pay for communication with DCA for the respective duration is the same, except landing and ramp fees for ATR and B73-4 is different

g) and load factor is the same, lets say 30% (this is the best the MKZ could to offer so far, nothing higher than 30%)

Then you can see the graph lines between ATR72 and B73-4 getting further and further between the two........and RPK or RPM is higher for B73-4 compared to ATR72.

And Rayani will be flying B73-4.....I bet they will have a headache after their inaugural flight to any destination they started.

And Rayani will be flying B73-4.....I bet they will have a headache after their inaugural flight to any destination they started.

Rayani with 734 is basically doomed before its first flight.

They stand higher chance if they choose to fly out of KUL or SZB

And if/when they decide to do that, expect MH/AK/FY/OD/et al to go on a murderous rampage

People behind this RayaniAir best have sugar daddies with deep pockets :)

The OD is really going on "red ocean strategy", and this forced FY and MH to do the same. AK has its own usual way to do that. Now, all airline is losing badly with the suicide rampage. No doubt few sectors makes money, but that do not subsidized enough to cover for the other sectors, Good for consumers but a doom airline industry ahead where everybody will need "bail-out" later.

Rayani with 734 is basically doomed before its first flight.

That's what I think, and I heard they are buying B73-4 (fuselage only) after MH put the fleet to rest, They do not have any plan for the power plants for the B73-4. Anybody could confirm about this?

The OD is really going on "red ocean strategy", and this forced FY and MH to do the same. AK has its own usual way to do that. Now, all airline is losing badly with the suicide rampage. No doubt few sectors makes money, but that do not subsidized enough to cover for the other sectors, Good for consumers but a doom airline industry ahead where everybody will need "bail-out" later.

That's what I think, and I heard they are buying B73-4 (fuselage only) after MH put the fleet to rest, They do not have any plan for the power plants for the B73-4. Anybody could confirm about this?

I wish them luck with the 30000 plus FH or 40000 plus FH fuselage.

MH is doomed anyway, will need bail out regardless.

Buying 734 fuselage separately from power plants, how much saving could they achieve? It seems Rayani have a bloated overhead before operating.

Never thought the NEO is available for pretty old B734. :D

MH is doomed anyway, will need bail out regardless.

Buying 734 fuselage separately from power plants, how much saving could they achieve? It seems Rayani have a bloated overhead before operating.

As I mentioned earlier, they are ill advised by some pilots who have the mentality of "tak mengapa pak CEO, guna saja kapal buruk asalkan kita dapat AOC, guna F50 pun okay asalkan AOC dapat"...........and Rayani never thought that buying used aircraft must be a purchase out-right, what are they going to do with the F50/B73-4 after that when the are going to do fleet upgrade? Write off from the account book or sell with much lower price? A terrible lost in asset value.

WIth the ambitious flight routes.....what happen if the only one B73-4 is AOG, a tremendous disaster to those who are long waiting to fly out from MKZ as you can read in their facebook.

Reminds me of the FAX fiasco. Those days when they flew the rural air service there is a 50% chance of flight cancellation. Thought the B734 would be in better shape as they now service other airlines such as Shaheen. So Rayani is planning to get just 1 aircraft?

Reminds me of the FAX fiasco. Those days when they flew the rural air service there is a 50% chance of flight cancel

lation. Thought the B734 would be in better shape as they now service other airlines such as Shaheen. So Rayani is planning to get just 1 aircraft?

That's what the news that came to me, buying from SPM and without power plant, they plan to source the power plant separately....just for the AOC. The fuselage cost them RM200k.

from their facebook

Tomorrow our CEO, Ravi Alagendrran will be interviewed live in Bernama TV at 8.00am to 8.30am. Kindly tune to 502 on Astro to view the conversation and get to know Rayani Air a step closer.

Do they have a PR agent or is the one onboard not worth his/her salt ?!

First it's "Come let's fly with us" (for what it's worth, notwithstanding)

Now it has been cropped to "come let's fly!"

Possibly by tomorrow morning it will be down to a straightforward "come, come ...." (mari, mari .....) :D

I saw the billboard near the roundabout on the way to SZB. Kind of weird to have it there when they are not flying off from SZB.

They changed twice I think. First with F50, now with B73. SZB is not part of their destination, AGAIN......marketing!!! Waste of resources and money getting, the eye-balls not within their initial market.

Intimidating OD and FY? haha I doubt these people will be intimidated since OD has started MKZ and KBR routes from Rayani home base hub, while Rayani is still shouting "Come lets fly", and distributing car stickers in Melaka and Kota Bharu.

Now, instead of Flying January 2015, they have changed to February 2015...that's what stated in Rayani FB.

A few days ago Rayani Air CEO and his team were featured in TV1 going to Kelantan to help flood relief... he even interviewed by the reporter. I don't know does all this CSR will really help the company to take off.

I met the ground service manager Mr. Mohd Hadi(Rayani Air representative) who attended the hash event in Melaka. They will start with 2 B737-400 (Retired MH 737) and commence flight in March 2015.