MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal

I think Melaka CM misinterpret the details because the new airline is also going to acquire B737-400. So, flights to East Malaysia is (preferably) possible.

Will the 734 be able to depart MKZ with sufficient fuel to make it across to BKI in one hop ?

Melaka airport can handle A320 why not a 737-400 but I am not sure if they can supply enough fuel

Edited by Zamir

Unless it is a scheme to channel $ from right pocket to the left, instead of burning rakyat money on scheduled airline, believe it is more cost effective to offer incentive for chartered flight to land in mkz.

The latest one on the region to use F50 was the Pacific Royale. I believe the concept was same, boutique airline. Offered full meal on board but only lasted a few months and now missing without a trace after only a few months into operation. I sure hope Rayani won't really use the F50s on BKI-MKZ route. I can barely stand my last flight on F50 1 hour flight TWU-BKI. Claustrophobic...

I never get onboard F50 before (pity me!). But I did experienced 2 hour long turboprop flights onboard Maswings ATR72 from BKI to Balikpapan in April last year. I posted the trip report here, not sure if you seen it before. :)

I never get onboard F50 before (pity me!). But I did experienced 2 hour long turboprop flights onboard Maswings ATR72 from BKI to Balikpapan in April last year. I posted the trip report here, not sure if you seen it before. :)

I got onboard once, from BKI-SDK....one word: hot like an microwave oven.....but the scenery upon take off from KK Airport overflying Mount KK was breathless.

Edited by JuliusWong

Is the Cessna Caravan (9M-MKZ) with "Melaka Air" title own/chartered by Melaka state goverment?

Saw in their FB page that they are now recruting CABIN CREW for female and male. At the bottom

Of the advertisment, they put that hijab female are encourage to apply.

I believe their uniform will be more to islamic concept. Female with hijab and maybe first airlines in Malaysia with Hijab stewardess.

At least not part of the regular crew uniform...mas crew i believe puts on the charter uniform which comes with the tudung while air asia x...well...they just put on a tudung and wear pants...hardly follow covering the other aurat if you know what i mean...

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

On a positive note, this maybe a much needed boost to MKZ, which suffered from almost no flights from practically anywhere. And a longer run, can actually be an alternative for folks living at northern Johor or N9, and if the airline can arrange flights as connecting thru MKZ, will bring many more transit visitors to Melaka before going somewhere else! ASEAN Open Sky Policy is just around the corner.

On a positive note, this maybe a much needed boost to MKZ, which suffered from almost no flights from practically anywhere. And a longer run, can actually be an alternative for folks living at northern Johor or N9, and if the airline can arrange flights as connecting thru MKZ, will bring many more transit visitors to Melaka before going somewhere else! ASEAN Open Sky Policy is just around the corner.

Developing a hub take years, the airline need to provide frequency and prove reliable (e.g. in operation for years) for people to consider and depend on. Hence, need to start with ERJ or CRJ else will need states gomen grant to sustain.

Most of the pilots who helped planning for Rayani Air are retired/unemployed Indonesian pilots. I am well and have enough experiences with these type of pilot's mentality......unrealistic!!! And, these pilots are even not rated with new types of aircraft now. All planning must be business driven and NOT based on technical capability. Technical capability must follow business needs, NOT the other way around.

Dropping the curtain, revealing the cross border destinations is.......... way....pretty much......immature...... planning without considering and studying the market in terms of TPOB (load factor), RPK, ASK and not to mention how fuel cost/Nm/pax impact revenue and yield for every sector of flights.

Also, not to mention the B73-4 type of fleet that guzzle fuel even on the tarmac during taxi before accelerate with enough thrust to take off with the type of MKZ runway. Have they ever think of reciprocal landing rights when they want to cross the border even though "Open Sky Policy" is around the corner?

The CEO of Rayani Air is not well verse with the airline industry, and he is now "burning the fuel before take-off" that's the only comment that I should say, and same goes to the SIlverfly owner previously (few years back) when they were ill advised by pilots who saw opportunities reaping money from the owner (no offence if some of you are pilots, BUT I am sure all of you are NOT like that ....again if you are a pilot, my apology because I am a NATIONAL airline pilot as well).

But the only difference is the Silverfly owner has now hand picked the right people, with specific experiences and talent (of course not the people from MH/FY/OD/AA) to take off again in the near future with solid airline routes, few stages of planning and research, and type of fleet and metamorphosing the airline (not to mention new aircraft livery). This is what I got to know from my bankers friends. The bankers said that it is really a "re-engineering" of business plan from SIlverfly and most of the funders believe that it will be a big threat to FY and OD, even Air Asia.

Let's wait and see whether the new breed of Silverfly team can make it. What I know from bankers friends and other sources, this group of management team is working silently and will only make a debut the day they open the booking, ready with all infrastructure and face the media.

What I can see, the Rayani AIr is repeating the mistake the "then" silverfly had done before.

Developing a hub take years, the airline need to provide frequency and prove reliable (e.g. in operation for years) for people to consider and depend on. Hence, need to start with ERJ or CRJ else will need states gomen grant to sustain.

And please think about the "Type Rating/First of Type" required by the DCA when you talk about ERJ and CRJ Talking about the state grant, sorry Melaka "gomen" don't have money to grant these type of arrangement anymore. Look what happened to FY with routes to PEN and KNO from MKZ. Highest TPOB was 40% and it did not sustain the cost, and that's why FY stopped.

OD will sure bleeds when they start from MKZ, but Pak Rusdy Kirana has "extra fuel to burn" and engage with "Red Ocean Strategy" .........."if you want others to bleed, you must bleed also....NO WORRIOR WILL COME BACK WITHOUT A SCRASH FROM BATTLE FIELD, but the toughest will survive.

And please think about the "Type Rating/First of Type" required by the DCA when you talk about ERJ and CRJ Talking about the state grant, sorry Melaka "gomen" don't have money to grant these type of arrangement anymore. Look what happened to FY with routes to PEN and KNO from MKZ. Highest TPOB was 40% and it did not sustain the cost, and that's why FY stopped.

OD will sure bleeds when they start from MKZ, but Pak Rusdy Kirana has "extra fuel to burn" and engage with "Red Ocean Strategy" .........."if you want others to bleed, you must bleed also....NO WORRIOR WILL COME BACK WITHOUT A SCRASH FROM BATTLE FIELD, but the toughest will survive.

If type rating is not extended to smaller aircraft like CRJ/ERJ, regional airport like MKZ will never be feasible for commercial operation.