MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mushrif A

MAS New Domestic Golden Lounge at MTB

until..August 2014...for much needed renovation...as that place is falling apart.

There is a temporary lounge at B1. Which one is this?

Or is gate B1 itself the temporary lounge?

until..August 2014...for much needed renovation...as that place is falling apart.

There is a temporary lounge at B1. Which one is this?

Or is gate B1 itself the temporary lounge?

I think they're turning B1 into the temp. lounge. It's a much needed refurb, but given MH's track record it's probably just a fresh coat of paint and some new furniture.

You are right. B1 is the new temp lounge. Used it on last Thursday. Nothing much to say but disappointment. Hopefully the domestic lounge will be ready soon

Yup, was in temporary lounge yesterday nite at basement level B1. Chit chat with crew lounge, according to him GL will be close for 2 months. I presume new interior upgrading mostly like PEN lounge, modern looks.

Any re-opening dates flagged for the domestic GL yet? Would love to see it when I pass through there on Aug 24.

Opened today at 0500.

Excellent! Will get to check it out this weekend.

Is it possible to enter MAS Domestic Lounge at KLIA airside with D7 boarding pass while transiting at KLIA2 ?

i don't really see how that might work.....

Hope to enter the lounge with vouchers ....

ah, i see! don't think your D7 boarding pass will allow you access to the airside section of MTB/KLIA though.

Was here a few days ago, for me it feels like a toned-down "RIMBA" concept.

5IRl1Qo.jpg

"Check In" - No Boarding Announcements Sir

ovGlv3S.jpg

Entrance Corridor

U3mIxVK.jpg

A0rsG7f.jpg

Ta4fhui.jpg

UNVAwch.jpg

QVoIdlf.jpg

No significant change to toilets. Shower tiles same as before ... Old & Stained

VzdZd9c.jpg

New Soda Fountain. Strange they could not buy one with an Ice-Dispenser ala Nandos. Pressure is abit high so drinks tend to spill straight into the bowl of ice provided.

AQgrWlB.jpg

On the day, Buffet of Chicken Rice + Roast Chicken + Condiments. Not bad and a nice change. Noddle Station was BeeHoon Soup or Mee Curry.

CKUFAIf.jpg

IMHO this is the biggest disappointment in the lounge. Instant Coffee, and with no fridge you can't add milk to Black Coffee. White Coffee was tooo sweet (tastes like kopiko sweets) and Soya Bean Milk was lumpy and tasted closer to flour.

aGR1Swb.jpg

Back Counter. Note less choices on this Coffee Beverage Machine

De2FHZP.jpg

New Massage Area ?

ryy4j6a.jpg

What I think is a massage area had a lady in MAS uniform stationed inside. Unfortunately she was camping behind one of these recliners, watching videos on her HP (without headphone mind you!) and chatting with the cleaners ever so often. When I was leaving the group of 3 was enjoying a little picnic, complete with handphone music and loud gossips. Perhaps to give first time visitors a "Pasar Malam" vibe ? :p No attempt or signage to indicate what is offered here.

Edited by Timothy

However the food and beverages are worst off. To those who do not want any nasi lemak and chicken rendang, the only choice is the noodle station or croissant. No more sandwiches

Coffee is now very limited. You can't have white coffee without sugar.

Some comment on the domestic lounge. I cant imagine how was the lounge before renovation as the current one are way below my expectation. was on transit from bkk to kch with 1 hour transit time... hence grab whatever I can at the lounge. The food spread, quality and variety of the food offered still can be better and the overall "classiness" is not there. May be I was much impressed with the plaza premium lounge that I have to fork out my own money to enter it. Their choice are much impressive with the fridge fully stocked with beverages and the food variety are better than the MH domestic lounge

The domestic lounge is just a disgrace now. Food is so limited. Actually just not worth it.

The lounge at KK airport I would say is better food wise.

Sign in to follow this