MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
khairuddin abu hanifah

New low-cost airline plan in Malaysia – Neptune Air

I read in The Star Online today - Two firms are planning to start a new airline with Sultan Abdul Halim Airport in Kepala Batas here as its hub.

Bumi Aviation Sdn Bhd and Neptune Air Sdn Bhd are behind the new low-cost carrier, which has yet to be named, and plan to start with return flights to Langkawi, Kota Baru, Medan, Acheh and Phuket.

http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/Business-News/2014/06/13/New-lowcost-airline-plan-Bumi-Aviation-and-Neptune-Air-intend-to-make-Kedah-airport-as-hub/

I wonder if they had done research on passenger traffic from AOR to all those destinations? If it is viable, don't you think the existing airlines would have put on the flights already?

Let me first say, as per Andy Warhol, "Each person has a right to have his fifteen minutes of fame in his lifetime".

I am fine with that.

What i do not understand, no matter how close i look to the described wonderful proposition, is that, there are always people who will put money into such ventures. And then complain later when all things went pear-shaped, that they were misinformed by their promoters.

If you looking for embarrassing ventures in the last fifteen years, aviation related, you will shake your head in disbelief.

What is it? Is aviation the ultimate aphrodisiac? The mind boggles.

Cheers

Art

ATR 42 300 & 500 series are "new planes" ...hmm...

what they meant as "new" in the press is the aircrafts are first hand and fresh from the factory. They didnt said "new model-type of aircraft".

what they meant as "new" in the press is the aircrafts are first hand and fresh from the factory. They didnt said "new model-type of aircraft".

Fresh from factory are ATR 42-600s these days. The 300 and 500 series are already obsolete - so they will be used aircraft.

ATR 42-300 & ATR 42-500 CANNOT be first hand and fresh from the factory, ATR is already making 600 series for both ATR 42 & ATR 72...

Fresh from factory are ATR 42-600s these days. The 300 and 500 series are already obsolete - so they will be used aircraft.

Precisely...

I think this ads is mainly for their current cargo operations in KUL.. But we may never know

Sign in to follow this