MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
GeO

Kuching International Airport @ WBGG 2014

That C172 may be on its way to ST Aerospace Academy.

Are you sure? It has been ever since GGIFA Bintulu closed down. I used to collect most of my flying hours on this small bird. From the look of it, I dont think it's airworthy unless major repair is being done.

Btw, Chris Lo you shots are superb. Clear. Unlike mine, a little bit blurry.

Edited by GeO

Are you sure? It has been ever since GGIFA Bintulu closed down. I used to collect most of my flying hours on this small bird. From the look of it, I dont think it's airworthy unless major repair is being done.

Btw, Chris Lo you shots are superb. Clear. Unlike mine, a little bit blurry.

Does anyone know the fates of the other GGIFA aircraft? Any other aircraft stored at Kuching?

Geoff

Edited by Geoff R.

Does anyone know the fates of the other GGIFA aircraft? Any other aircraft stored at Kuching?

Geoff

other still stuck at Bintulu Airport. stranded on the grass behind the former GGIFA hangar. Maybe two of the Seneca 5 stranded in Subang if not mistaken.

other still stuck at Bintulu Airport. stranded on the grass behind the former GGIFA hangar. Maybe two of the Seneca 5 stranded in Subang if not mistaken.

Thanks GeO. Just come across a document online from the receivers that put the aircraft up for tender in April 2013. It states

- 8 units of Cessna Aircrafts, model 172s located at Ipoh, Kuching, Bintulu;

- 5 units of Seneca (Piper), model PA-34-220-T located at Ipoh, Kuching, Bintulu and Subang;

Obviously some aircraft were not sold or maybe MAHB are owed money and won't release the aircraft. I take it there isn't a Seneca still stored at Kuching.

Geoff