MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

AirAsia Purchased 100 Airbus A321neo at Farnborough Airshow 2016

AK A321Neo 9M-VAA will be coming in Nov19. Network department still not decided where it will operate to but I will bet my money on KUL-BKI/SIN/PEN/KCH combo for the initial crew familiarization period cause these are the most common overbooked routes.

AK A321Neo 9M-VAA will be coming in Nov19. Network department still not decided where it will operate to but I will bet my money on KUL-BKI/SIN/PEN/KCH combo for the initial crew familiarization period cause these are the most common overbooked routes.

Yes, I guess the formula used for the A320 Neo introduction would be followed.

Scoot deploys its A320Neos strictly only on the HKG route as it has lower CASK than the Ceos. I think it may be wise for AK to send the A321 Neo to HKG and other high demand destinations as well. CASK on the A321 Neo is better than that of the A320 Ceo and Neo. So if there is demand, more capacity should be deployed.

Edited by flee

k49l3t.jpg

The official LOPA for A321neo has been uploaded on AirAsia Group website, as shared earlier by Adrian M.

Pity the crew having to work in such small galleys. Aft washrooms are really small......

k49l3t.jpg

The official LOPA for A321neo has been uploaded on AirAsia Group website, as shared earlier by Adrian M.

Pity the crew having to work in such small galleys. Aft washrooms are really small......

Pity the pax! More pax but still 3 toilets!

Pity the pax! More pax but still 3 toilets!

Yeah, those SpaceFlex toilets are for skinny people like you! ;)

It will be a big problem on shorter flights.

Being able to avoid the onboard convenience altogether is much easier on shorter flights, no?

Any crew seat near exit door 3, 4, 5 and 6? how many are willing to pay for row 5, 6 and 7 hot seat?

All the crew seat placement are the same as A320neo with an exception of a crew seat at the missing 29F seat for door 2R (door 4 in your definition) for the 5th Cabin Crew.

Don't think they will have that in mind when ordering, but yes, helps Malaysians to slim down.

Has TF tried the seat himself?

Has TF tried the seat himself?

I think he can only get in only if the crew converted it for disabled people!

Being able to avoid the onboard convenience altogether is much easier on shorter flights, no?

I was thinking that these shorter flights are the 1½ - 2 hr flights

A321 NEO AIRCRAFT

Effective November 2019, AirAsia will take delivery of new A321NEO aircraft. AK will commence operating the aircraft in November 2019 while FD will commence in December 2019.

Configuration/Seats

3 by 3 - Total 236 Seats

Port side: 120 seats

Starboard side: 116 seats

*Row 29: 29D & 29F only

Non Reclining Rows

Row 18, 19, 40 DEF and 41 ABC

Last Row Port side: 41

Last Row Starboard side: 40

Seat Pitch

Row 2-4: 29"

Row 5-18: 28"

Row 19: 37"

Row 20: 38"

Row 21-29: 28"

Row 30: 51"

Row 31-41: 28"

Boarding Zone

Zone 01: Rows 1 to 7, 19, 20 and 30 (Hot Seats)

Zone 02: Rows 26 to 41

Zone 03: Rows 08 to 25

Emergency exits

There are a total of 10 emergency exits in A321NEO aircraft. There are:

● Two emergency exit doors at forward galley;

● Four over wing emergency exits (two on each side) at row 19 and 20;

● Two emergency exit doors at row 30. This door cannot be used for embarking, disembarking passengers; and

● Two emergency exit doors at AFT galley.

Operating Crew

Five cabin crew members will be operating the on A321NEO (additional one compared to A320CEO and A320NEO.)

The additional crew will be seated at Row 29 (next to seat 29D & 29F.)

Other differences in the cabin

There are 2 center ceiling stowage installed on A321NEO for stowage of portable life raft. Passenger seats are equipped with USB power for charging of Portable Electronic Device (PED).

Edited by Adrian M

Heard from the grapevine that A321Neo will touchdown in KUL somewhere between 18-22 Nov.

AirAsia marks new era with brand new Airbus A321neo

SEPANG, 22 November 2019 - AirAsia officially welcomes the future of its single-aisle fleet with the arrival of its first Airbus A321neo aircraft today, that is set to present the airline group with greater efficiencies and higher capacity.

This is the first of 353 A321neos on order by the AirAsia Group which will eventually replace the existing fleet of A320 and A320neo aircraft throughout the network covering Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, India and Japan.

It is now set to become the first A321neo aircraft operating in Malaysia.

With 236 seats - a 27% increase in capacity compared to AirAsia’s present fleet of A320 (180 seats) and A320neo (186 seats) - the A321neo will enable AirAsia to serve strong ongoing demand across the network with significant operational efficiencies and open up opportunities to explore new destinations, with more than 10% fuel savings.

AirAsia will initially operate the aircraft from its Kuala Lumpur hub to cities across Asia, with the first destinations including Kuching, Kota Kinabalu, Singapore, Bangkok and Shenzhen.

More: https://newsroom.airasia.com/news/airasia-marks-new-era-with-brand-new-airbus-a321neo

nFI9sEL.jpg

Look unlikely 9M-VAA will be able to make her appearance at BKI (AK5118) tomorrow, not with how her date at Singapore (AK717) is scheduled :D

Heck of a long flight KUL-SIN though isn't it ? :)

I don't think that schedule is correct - another source has mentioned two KCH rotations with the final one to BKI. That is six sectors for the day.

For those who are trying to catch A321, it is coded as A32Q in their booking system.

Anyone knows what is the different between A320 and A32A? A32N is neo I guess.

35 minutes ago, JuliusWong said:

For those who are trying to catch A321, it is coded as A32Q in their booking system.

Anyone knows what is the different between A320 and A32A? A32N is neo I guess.

I am just guessing - A32A is an A320Ceo with A320Neo interior, i.e. 186 seats and those awful SpaceFlex toilets at the back.

Sign in to follow this