MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
michgyver

Firefly and Citilink Collaboration

Website says "full" for every flight :( I quite like them.

Ya...FULL

tried to book but I encountered the same issue

the load must be very very very healthy then

haha

Ya...FULL

tried to book but I encountered the same issue

the load must be very very very healthy then

haha

Likewise JHB-SUB. Saw a Citilink counter and huge banner advertising the route in JHB a few months ago, and was able to dummy book from the website. Now the counter and banner gone, and route always FULL...

FY is co-operating with LCC?

Being an LCC does not mean low fares are a guaranteed feature. ;)

I really hope that FY will reintroduce their jet services . It will be the fantastic deal, price war, more choices for customer, and more aircraft in KUL. Should be better to have 3 LCC in KUL. Haha

Unfortunately price war is the last thing that the airlines around the region want. Better concentrate on what you do best and leverage your competitive advantage on something you can make money. No doubt more choice lead to more affordable fare, but airlines will need to bleed a lot of money. Not sustainable in long term.

I really hope that FY will reintroduce their jet services . It will be the fantastic deal, price war, more choices for customer, and more aircraft in KUL. Should be better to have 3 LCC in KUL. Haha

Malindo is not doing very well - they have already increased fares as their opening offers are not sustainable. If FY comes back with jet services, where are they going to fly to? I don't think that is on the cards as they are returning their leased B734s (one was spotted in the UK).

FY would be more profitable staying put at SZB - Skypark are going to expand the airport to cater for more flights.

Malindo is not doing very well - they have already increased fares as their opening offers are not sustainable. If FY comes back with jet services, where are they going to fly to? I don't think that is on the cards as they are returning their leased B734s (one was spotted in the UK).

FY would be more profitable staying put at SZB - Skypark are going to expand the airport to cater for more flights.

Time to expand SZB - Friday late afternoons literally standing room only in boarding lounge. And air-conditioning unable to cope with crowd/?turned down though out the airport except the area around Circle K.

No Load....

:)

Transnasional has increased its frequency to KLIA2 from initial 3x to 7x. I took them twice to LCCT and the bus are full. i believe the demand is there and the airlines only need to do some studies and promotion.

What's wrong with cooperating with LCC?

FY is MH subsidiary. The last time FY ventured into jet and code share with MH, it cannibalized MH's yield.

Until more details is known, not sure how it will benefit FY or MH.

Transnasional has increased its frequency to KLIA2 from initial 3x to 7x. I took them twice to LCCT and the bus are full. i believe the demand is there and the airlines only need to do some studies and promotion.

Might be too costly for an airline to set up facilities there just to run one or two flights a day. You need scale to bring costs down.

But if FY can introduce 100% LCC then it should be okay i guess. Don't need to serve pax with complimentary drink and snack + baggage allowance .

OD not operates well is just because they are not fully LCC, using the hybrid style like malindo will not good in profit. It should be better if they re-launch OD as fully low cost like lion air. No-frill is the only way to gain profit again.

Only my 2 cents **

But if FY can introduce 100% LCC then it should be okay i guess. Don't need to serve pax with complimentary drink and snack + baggage allowance .

OD not operates well is just because they are not fully LCC, using the hybrid style like malindo will not good in profit. It should be better if they re-launch OD as fully low cost like lion air. No-frill is the only way to gain profit again.

Only my 2 cents **

But FY jet will not only kill OD, it will also kill MH!

Edited by flee

Only my 2 cents **

Given OD have records to cancel flights, until they could convinced people their booking will be fulfilled, many people are reluctant to book them.

Perhaps the right question would be what do you want to achieve by having FY running LCC in KUL, with AK, OD and MH already in the fray.

Perhaps the right question would be what do you want to achieve by having FY running LCC in KUL, with AK, OD and MH already in the fray.

FY can take over the domestic and regional routes from MH and the whole narrow body fleet and run as an LCC without the legacy problems of MH.

MH can then focus on restructuring and fly only long haul routes with their widebody A333s and A388s. The B777 fleet can be retired.

Then OD can fit in very nicely as a hybrid carrier for those domestic and regional routes that MH no longer ply. I think Malaysia is better off with this kind of carrier since MH cannot make profits on these routes as a FSC.

But FY jet will not only kill OD, it will also kill MH!

I believed FY won't klill MH, see how SQ operates TR. At least MH group can gain profit instead of lost of million ringgit.

Sign in to follow this