MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
MIR

MAS B738 Flight MH192 KUL-BLR Emergency Landing with 166 POB

from the Star, it was made out to be like such a big event and investigations etc . Plane landed safely and its a "normal" landing. From what I gather it was just a burst front tyre - and hope not the landing gear issue as some reports alluded to.

from the Star, it was made out to be like such a big event and investigations etc . Plane landed safely and its a "normal" landing. From what I gather it was just a burst front tyre - and hope not the landing gear issue as some reports alluded to.

Due to MH370, people are making a mountain of a molehill over this incident. If they didn't say anything about investigations etc then they'd be bashed for not doing anything.

And actually it was a burst tyre on the main landing gear. Happens to many airlines around the world.

Glad it wasnt a belly landing then. Hope to see her fly again soon.

But like most of you mentioned, chances for this incident to go big is quite high considering how close it is to the mh370 tragedy. It sickens me to see some people already blaming MAS cost cutting measures affecting the maintainence of their planes. Had a long day explainingto my colleagues how minor and common the incident is

Same here, had to explain to my kakis that such incidents are part and parcel of normal airline operations. Even had to tell them that over the weekend, SQ also had a similar incident with the A380.

PUTRAJAYA, April 21 (Bernama) -- Inspector General of Police (IGP) Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar said police would carry out a thorough investigation into possibilities of sabotage against Malaysia Airlines (MAS).

His statement followed the latest incident involving Bangalore-bound MH192, which was forced to make an emergency landing at Kuala Lumpur International Airport early Monday morning.

A MAS statement said one of the aircraft's tyres had burst during takeoff, due to a landing gear malfunction.

"We will take the necessary steps to investigate from all angles," he told a media conference in Putrajaya, Monday, after the launch of the 3rd International Association of Police Academies (Interpa) Conference by Home minister Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.

Khalid was commenting on the call by acting Transport minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein who is also Defence minister, for the Royal Malaysian Police's Special Branch at Bukit Aman to investigate any possible sabotage against MAS.

Flight MH192 was carrying 159 passengers and seven crew when it left KLIA at 10.09 pm on Sunday.

The aircraft landed safely at KLIA at 1.56 am and passengers were quick to heap praise on the pilot for his competence.

Meanwhile, MAS had yet to locate MH370 which went missing with 227 passengers and 12 crew on board, an hour after leaving KLIA for Beijing at 12.41 am on March 8.

PUTRAJAYA, April 21 (Bernama) -- Inspector General of Police (IGP) Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar said police would carry out a thorough investigation into possibilities of sabotage against Malaysia Airlines (MAS).

After interviewing rubber tappers at Sg Buloh, production workers at tyre factory, tyre and N2 delivery driver, taken sample of N2, and declared no foul play is found.

"We will take the necessary steps to investigate from all angles," he told a media conference in Putrajaya, Monday, ...

Oh dear, it is so cliche-d!

So with the heightened paranoia (or rather, the pressure to keep an acceptable public perception of the 'Polis' and Transport ministry especially by laymen including politicians) will every rejected takeoffs, medical emergency, go-arounds, diversions and missed approaches be a criminal investigation with an element of sabotage?

Probably :)

My goodness they've to do a belly landing.

I was a bit surprised that they have to consider a belly landing considering it was a rather common incident than, say, a malfunction landing gear. Luckily this wasn't the case.

Edited by Waiping

In alternative media, those who dishes the best dirt gets the spoils.

They should really do some research - one look at avherald.com & they'll see some big names having more tech issues than MAS. Heck, American Airlines have 3 technical diversions in the same week alone - that doesn't make them any less safe!

Now if they'd offer a tech issue/number of flights rate then it would be somewhat harder to argue.

believed that this incident is way over blown out of context and with the minister and IGP all coming out to have some say. Seems like a lot of media sensationalism and reporting - as what actually happened when the plane landed - it was just a tyre burst on its right main gear - doesn't look like any gear malfunction. The only surprisingly thing is that the pilots were not aware of it and ATC have to inform them when rubber debris was found on the runway (?). Other than that - pretty much a standard incident that pilots are well trained for.

believed that this incident is way over blown out of context and with the minister and IGP all coming out to have some say. Seems like a lot of media sensationalism and reporting - as what actually happened when the plane landed - it was just a tyre burst on its right main gear - doesn't look like any gear malfunction. The only surprisingly thing is that the pilots were not aware of it and ATC have to inform them when rubber debris was found on the runway (?). Other than that - pretty much a standard incident that pilots are well trained for.

I can understand politicians wanting to take the limelight after more than a month of very negative news. However, a lot of the media reports are simply way off...

Edited by flee

Congrats to the pilot, crew and all team involved. Just wait for further investigation and final result without make any speculation. :)

thumbnail_20140421152437.jpg

dn_01.1.jpg

Photo courtesy of Utusan.

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

Sheesh. Heavy rain is of course caused by cost cutting on maintenance. Same goes with strong winds. Flooding in the klang river is also caused by poor Maintenance. As well as earthquakes , volcanos , hurricanes, typhoons and wars.

Sheesh. Heavy rain is of course caused by cost cutting on maintenance. Same goes with strong winds. Flooding in the klang river is also caused by poor Maintenance. As well as earthquakes , volcanos , hurricanes, typhoons and wars.

Your words always amuse me. You must be a fun lady.

Your words always amuse me. You must be a fun lady.

I've just learnt you can't take life too seriously :)

Now I've just had slightly oily piece of fried chicken in the cafeteria at the office. Need to lodge a police report now to ensure they investigate MH maintenance for what is CLEARLY sabotage.

I've just learnt you can't take life too seriously :)

Now I've just had slightly oily piece of fried chicken in the cafeteria at the office. Need to lodge a police report now to ensure they investigate MH maintenance for what is CLEARLY sabotage.

You still tickle my funny bone.

Anyway, this thing will blow over once new issues appear. I still think MAS has a higher standard compared to some claim to fame European airlines or American for that matters.

I was on the aborted MH004 KUL - LHR 9M-MNF A380 on 3rd of April seated in row 8 ahead of nos. 1 and 2 engines. Reports in the media were way different from my experience being on board. It was informed by the Captain that the indicator on no. 2 engine did not work. We turned back while they tried to fix it on the taxiway but failed. We got to the gate and straight away was attended to by 3 Rolls Royce engineers (their car has Rolls Royce Malaysia written on it). And that was it. However, we were delayed by 4 hours. Nevertheless, it was professionally handled. Just my 2 cents.

Nah, IGP now too much into "necessary steps to investigate from all angles"

Probably need to commence investigative efforts from the hen that laid the egg that begot that chicken that furnished your piece of chicken

And that is just one angle ....... :D

You forgot the "cooking oil that the chicken was fried in..." How did it come into contact with the chicken? Who poured it into the container used to fry the chicken? Was the person authorized to pour the oil? Who procured the cooking oil? Who employed the person who may be authorized to pour the cooking oil? ....

Working on assumption it was our own minyak kelapa sawit (palm oil) that was the frying medium, we then need to know from which plantation the palm fruits originated, which mill extracted the oil, who marketed it, who owned the plantation, who harvested the fruit bunch ....... all angles you see :)

And then why only slightly oily, why not overly oily, was it the only piece of chicken affected, who ate the other pieces ......

Then why did you have chicken ? Surely there must be other stuff at the cafeteria, why did you choose "the cafeteria at the office" (your words, not mine) ?

Working on assumption it was our own minyak kelapa sawit (palm oil) that was the frying medium, we then need to know from which plantation the palm fruits originated, which mill extracted the oil, who marketed it, who owned the plantation, who harvested the fruit bunch ....... all angles you see :)

And then why only slightly oily, why not overly oily, was it the only piece of chicken affected, who ate the other pieces ......

Then why did you have chicken ? Surely there must be other stuff at the cafeteria, why did you choose "the cafeteria at the office" (your words, not mine) ?

Wah cross examination and interrogation. Honestly, i think the person who wrote about the oily chicken looks like me, sounds like me. But is not me. Thank you Datuk VKL for teaching me a great thing on what to say when being pressured :)

Sign in to follow this