MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
MIR

MAS B738 Flight MH192 KUL-BLR Emergency Landing with 166 POB

9M-MXJ dumping fuel due to some issues perhaps..

mxj_zpsf8e150d2.jpg

Edited by MIR

Breaking News: Malaysia Airlines flight MH192 bound for Bangalore has turned around & is attempting to land at KLIA. Possible tyre burst on its nosewheel.

A Department of Civil Aviation spokesman said the plane will land on its belly, without the use of its landing gear."

Hope all will be well.

"@MAS: [#MASalert] Malaysia Airlines flight MH192 that made an air turn back towards KLIA has landed safely at 1:56am. Alhamdulillah."

Thank goodness!

Respect for the captain to remain calm,given the circumstances occur upon him.. Tyre burst,no fuel for second go around, afrs hasnt clear the runway till the very last minute.. Salute!

Most trending video in FB at the moment.

The incident was well communicated by MH at its website (2 press releases ever since) and its social media page, with the exception that belly landing was not mentioned. Poor MXJ, such a young aircraft.

From the images here

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/04/21/MH192-plane-shaking/

It does seem like the plane belly landed. Kudos to the pilot for bringing them home safely.

With the nation still traumatized by mh370 i hope there wont be any knee jerk reactions to this latest incident

Edited by iwan

From the images here

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/04/21/MH192-plane-shaking/

It does seem like the plane belly landed. Kudos to the pilot for bringing them home safely.

With the nation still traumatized by mh370 i hope there wont be any knee jerk reactions to this latest incident

Not sure it belly landed - does look like there's some ground clearance between the plane - if it had completely belly landed - the engines wouldn't be attached to the pylons the way it still looks. Maybe some of the landing gear wasn't down and locked - but I don't think it's a full deluxe gear up belly landing.

NSTP's photo show that its upright and not on its belly. If its a belly landing, the emergency chutes would have been deployed and evacuation would have taken place, since the risk of a fire is high with hot metal (sliding on tarmac) and potential fuel leak from engines etc.

The uninformed have started to talk cock about the event, judging by the comments on TMI.

Everyone is an aviation expert these days! ;)

NSTP's photo show that its upright and not on its belly. If its a belly landing, the emergency chutes would have been deployed and evacuation would have taken place, since the risk of a fire is high with hot metal (sliding on tarmac) and potential fuel leak from engines etc.

Also, if it is a belly landing, Runway 32L will have been closed for many hours. They did not put down the foam on the runway - so I presume that the low passes confirmed that the undercarriage was down and they will attempt a normal landing. The airport had plenty of time to prepare since the plane spent a lot of time in the air burning up fuel.

Sign in to follow this