MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Robert

KLIA Viewing Area

A few days ago a journalist tweeted to say that the above was closed and people couldn't visit the message wall.

Today I was at KLIA and stopped from going there unless I was visiting the the surau. The security/police couldn't tell me why but that it was closed and they were following orders but couldn't tell me who's orders.

A quick google found me this: http://english.astroawani.com/news/show/six-unknown-individuals-asked-to-leave-viewing-gallery-at-klia-32228

and

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=754337414576568&set=a.546416638701981.130912.161086313901684&type=1&theater

Edited by Robert

Aren't these actions consistent to those of a plane spotter?

Maybe the bulis in AT were not able to speak any foreign languages, so just kicked them out rather than question them.

Another annoyance to us spotters. Couldn't the authorities cooperate with us. We may be recording plane registrations and coming in frequently but We arent hostiles we just love doing it everytime.

Aren't these actions consistent to those of a plane spotter?

Maybe the bulis in AT were not able to speak any foreign languages, so just kicked them out rather than question them.

Agree, uniformed personnel be it police, customs, immigration by and large can't string a proper sentence in english and I've always had a tough time trying to understand them.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=754337414576568&set=a.546416638701981.130912.161086313901684&type=1&theater

I've been reading all the FB comments regarding this post. It may sound pretty cruel, but I can't deny having read a lot of stupid comments and response.

Some of them can't understand and accept the existence of aircraft spotters, aviation enthusiast etc etc. Instead they believe we're CIA/KGB/Spy.

So sad to see the level of intelligence being portrayed there.

Well they just had their priorities wrong, stopping ordinary people watching aircraft and yet let 2 Iranians using fake passport on board. How ironic.

I tried to go to the viewing gallery on Friday evening and was denied entry. Was told that I can only access the gallery if I wanted to go to the mosque.

And yes SQ A380 is indeed in KUL today - saw it parked at a remote gate near C17. I'd imagine crew would have timed out by then and SQ 321 will be cancelled. Anybody know the reason for diversion? My friend in Singapore said the weather is almost perfect down there.

SQ stated that it landed in KUL at 18:39, and departed again at 20:38

I landed at 18:52 and it was already parked at the remote gate. Saw SQ 118 before I left - maybe they ferried crew in?

Might have diverted due to congestion in SIN and it did not have enough reserve fuel to loiter.

I was there last Friday and there were loads of people there, some writing their messages on the dedicated walls and there were two foreign journalist, they looked oriental and possibly from China or Japan with their conversation with the security there. They were being told by our heroes that they could not take any pictures there or do a stand up reporting there. Strangely, the locals who were there were clicking away, including me. I suppose the truth is now out on the levels of competency of our heroes.

Edited by kandiah k

They were being told by our heroes that they could not take any pictures there or do a stand up reporting there

Possibly implementation of new common SOP - verify, correlate, quantify whatever before sharing :)

Yesterday, six British nationals were found to have carried out similar activities.

All of them were found to be taking pictures and recording the aircraft numbers of every plane on the tarmac.

Their activities had been detected the airport’s security personnel who had asked them to leave the area

I do wonder what those few old boys think of being asked to leave an airport's purpose built viewing gallery for doing exactly what the place is was meant for :D

I was there again today during lunch break and they allowed us in but after about 15 minutes, they came to everyone and told us that we could not be seated there and we had to vacate the place unless we were performing our prayers at the Surau, newly located at the AT/Observation Deck. Apparently, it is a temporary measure and they would not disclose the reason.

Sign in to follow this