MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

appearing on tv and showing concerns...that's what about. Who mentioned about sending ministers to search ? sigh.

Lets pray that there will be survivors. It was an unfortunate to happen this incident lately after MASWings DHC incident.

Best-case scenario is ditching at sea, but then the "successful" ditching in history were during the day. Looking pretty bleak now.

appearing on tv and showing concerns...that's what about. Who mentioned about sending ministers to search ? sigh.

What does politics have to do with this? Keep it away. 239 possibly perished and you're worried about our ministers' reactions. WTF?

Whats so surprising having the young FO on the right seat?

bcoz the airfrance crash was also caused by the person sitting on the right seat??im not making any speculation or allegation anyway....

Now that it has been confirmed that MH370 has gone down at sea, the focus should be to find survivors. I can't even begin to imagine how the relatives of the passengers much be feeling.

Now that it has been confirmed that MH370 has gone down at sea, the focus should be to find survivors. I can't even begin to imagine how the relatives of the passengers much be feeling.

I would imagine that it's a feeling you wouldn't want to inflict even on your worst enemy.

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

What does politics have to do with this? Keep it away. 239 possibly perished and you're worried about our ministers' reactions. WTF?

I think emotion are running high now. Everyone take a chill pill yea? meanwhile let's pray for survivors.

bcoz the airfrance crash was also caused by the person sitting on the right seat??im not making any speculation or allegation anyway....

A plane crash is due to multiple factors never singular factor. We all learn this from Air Crash Investigation series. :)

A friend's friend who works for MH in MEL is distraught now. She through checked in 2 of them from 148 to 370, so remembers their faces etc.....

I think emotion are running high now. Everyone take a chill pill yea? meanwhile let's pray for survivors.

A plane crash is due to multiple factors never singular factor. We all learn this from Air Crash Investigation series. :)

Indeed... it never is a single factor that causes such incidents. It always is a chain of events. Well documented also in books written by pilots like Captain Lim/Captain Sully Sullenberger.

From skyvector and just merely guessing, the plane should have left singapore control (?or subang?) and just entered Ho Chi Minh Control. I went to liveatc.net to search for WSSS feed but it wasn't online. Will have a listen to the Subang feed now.

Edited by eddy liew

It will be difficult for MH to confirm the crash, until at least the wreckage found. Until then, they can only say the aircraft lost contact.

Indeed... it never is a single factor that causes incidents. It always is a chain of events.

From skyvector and just merely guessing, the plane should have left singapore control (?or subang?) and just entered Ho Chi Minh Control. I went to liveatc.net to search for WSSS feed but it wasn't online. Will have a listen to the Subang feed now.

It's Subang

Worst air disaster history record for MH, first and hopefully remains the worst air disaster for flight departing/en routing to/ from KUL.

I am feeling so sad right now. I sincerely hope there are survivors.

This is very heartbreaking. No matter how bad the airlines is managed, we cannot deny that MAS has a very good safety record. In fact, i never feel afraid or worry every time i fly with MAS

Acting Transport Minister could not confirm the sighting of wreckage, therefore would not confirm the Yahoo News that Vietnam Navy has found the wreckage. Getting confirmation from Vietnam army in two hours. Malaysia has seek help from the Philippines, Cambodia, Vietnam and China. You may catch latest news at http://www.astroawani.com/

If I remember correct AF 447 wreckage was found two or three days after the crash.

Let's hope MH370 has landed at some remote airport.....detecting a big plane like B777 shouldn't be hard on ground.

I hope the cause of this tragic accident can be found.

Glad we all share the same feeling of sadness and shock at this moment instead of pointless bashings..which is something i love about mwings...was a shock to wake upto bad the news of our very own MAS...prayers goes to those on the plane and their families..hope they can. Find the wreckage before dark today

Glad we all share the same feeling of sadness and shock at this moment instead of pointless bashings..which is something i love about mwings...was a shock to wake upto bad the news of our very own MAS...prayers goes to those on the plane and their families..hope they can. Find the wreckage before dark today

I would rather hope and pray they could find any survivor.

No matter how bad the airlines is managed, we cannot deny that MAS has a very good safety record. In fact, i never feel afraid or worry every time i fly with MAS

That is very true.

That is very true.

Agreed. Let's not make the mistake of linking up nasi lemaks with safety - I may not think MH has the best seats around, but i have never thought it unsafe, and i still think that way.

I would rather hope and pray they could find any survivor.

Let's hope there's survivors. We can only hope.

From FR24 playback, MAS370 was at FL350 until 1720UTC time, where then it showed altitude at 0ft. That is a lot of altitude lost in a very short amount of time. Praying for a miracle.

Indeed a very sad day for the nation. Brings back sad memories of the MasWing DHC lost in Kudat last year, and the the Mas Fokker50 tragedy in Tawau in 1995.