MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

what makes you think there are sleeping? just because they announce it late doesn't mean they didn't do something about it earlier.

The air force soljar said on day one got reciprocal turnback, then deny, then yes again. This wasted so much time. Sleeping on the job?

This flight MH370 put a real test on the air force capability and reactive ability of the countries in this region.... unless they already knew and hide about it

could have flown anywhere, even into SG and I am sure the SAF wouldn't have time to react..

The air force soljar said on day one got reciprocal turnback, then deny, then yes again. This wasted so much time. Sleeping on the job?

as i said earlier announce it late or denying it or flip flopping or how you wanna see it ... doesn't mean they didn't do something about it.

could have flown anywhere, even into SG and I am sure the SAF wouldn't have time to react..

You think we wouldn't know about it by now if it flew into SG?

Any spot within the corridor was where the last contact captured by the satellite at 8:11am. It may not suggest the route taken by the aircraft. It could have been flown to any of that spot from the last known location (somewhere north in the straits of malacca).

The fuel should cover right up to the end of the arc, kazakhstan or south indian ocean, i think!

Edited by Edwin Henry

Perhaps they haven't been shot down because they haven't come across any important/significant area or structure like important city. The plane was heading away from Bangkok. Things might be different if it's heading towards Bangkok, or Singapore unidentified.

So they managed to do everything to avoid detection except to kill the satphone..

That got me thinking also!

Any spot within the corridor was where the last contact captured by the satellite at 8:11am. It may not suggest the route taken by the aircraft. It could have been flown to any of that spot from the last known location (somewhere north in the straits of malacca).

The fuel should cover right up to the end of the arc, kazakhstan or south indian ocean, i think!

At 8:11 plane had been flying for 7:30h. Can assume fuel ran out soon after?

Edited by Naim

At 8:11 plane had been flying for 7:30h. Can assume fuel ran out soon after?

Have they stated how much fuel was loaded?

Have they stated how much fuel was loaded?

When it went missing, MH reported it had 7:30 hrs fuel remaining, whether they factored in the first 40 mins of flying, if not, approx 8 hours of fuel would have been loaded.

In this nice graphic from WSJ, the geostationary satellite is Inmarsat IOR, located at 64E. The estimated location arcs must have been calculated via time delay between transmission and reception. So distance is the only parameter available, whence the arcs. The arcs end when fuel should have run out, while the gap in SEA is possibly due to radar corroboration.

BN-BY071_MALSEA_G_20140315061741.jpg

Given MH370 range is known, mean MH370 is somewhere in western China?

The plot thicken yet again.

Edited by KK Lee

why should 9M-MRO wait till IGARI to disable all it's comms and yet fly into Gond Kedak WMGK and Butterworth WMKB primary radar, does not look like hijack at all...

Honestly, KLIA security is a bit on the lax side.

Several times my wallet was left in my pocket and it set off the metal detector. The officer did a quick pat down and when he got to my pocket, he just asked "dompet?", to which I replied "Ya" and off I went. The pat down is just a quick brush of hands to detect the most obvious hidden objects like a package wrapped around my torso. Nothing in comparison to the pat downs I've had in Australia or Switzerland.

It could have been something hidden in my shoe, but not once have I had to remove them. Even in BKK, shoes must go through the scanner.

Sure, there may be 2 checkpoints before one boards the plane, but the one right after immigration is pretty half hearted, IMO. Laptops/iPads stay in the bag, liquids are allowed pass if the officer is in a reasonably good mood ("habiskan air sebelum naik kapal terbang").

Ive accidentally left aerosols on my hand luggage hand have passed through both the main terminal and LCCT without any issue. For some reason Im asked to remove my belt for MAS/Malindo flights but not for SQ/MI/AK/TR

Mar 15, 2014, 09.18PM IST [ Subhro Niyogi ]

KOLKATA: Air traffic controllers at Kolkata have ruled out the possibility of the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 flying over Indian airspace, one of the two possibilities that Malaysian

Prime Minister Najib Razak had suggested at a press conference in Kuala Lumpur on Saturday.

The other alternative route that the flight whose communication system is now believed to have been deliberately disabled is that it flew to the Indian Ocean to the south of the Malacca Strait

where the plane was last sighted on a Malaysian military radar.

Speaking to TOI, air traffic controllers' guild secretary Sugata Pramanik said that while flight MH370 could have avoided detection on the Secondary Surveillance Radar, the blip by the huge Boeing

777-200 ER aircraft would surely have been spotted by the Air Force that uses Primary Surveillance Radars to detect such intrusions. Any flight that moves in the north-western direction towards

Kazakhstan from Malaysia, as suggested by Razak, is bound to pass through Kolkata Flight Information Region. (FIR).

"If an aircraft wants to avoid being seen, they can easily become invisible to a civilian radar by switching off the transponder that relays information about the plane. But it cannot avoid defence

systems. The Indian Air Force has radars in multiple installations across the country and it is inconceivable that none of them spotted the odd blip with no flight clearance," he said.

There are nine Air Defence Identification zones in the country that are manned 24x7 to prevent an enemy aircraft from violating Indian airspace.

Guild member Sushil Mondal concurred, explaining that all hell would break loose if Air Force detected an aircraft that did not have air defence clearance. Any plane flying through Indian airspace

is first required to submit the flight plan and manifest to the air traffic controls in its flight path. This is then relayed to the Air Force for permission.

"There are times when the Air Force finds a blip that does not match a flight plan. That usually happens when flight plans going missing at their end due to a system or link failure. They then

immediately contact us for information. If the plane flight plan isn't of suspicious nature, a clearance is granted. Or else, it is asked to return to wherever it came from. In case, we too don't

have any information of the aircraft, all hell will break loose and the Air Force may even scramble jets to take the plane down. Nothing of the kind happened last Saturday," said Mondal.

Kolkata airport has an Automatic Dependence Surveillance Radar and Controller-Pilot Datalink Communication that enables it to not only trail planes when it is in the radar zone of 60 nautical miles

or nearly 120 km and beyond through very high frequency radio but also through the data link when the plane goes out of voice communication range. There are large areas in the Kolkata FIR,

particularly over Bay of Bengal, that have no radar coverage at present. A radar has been installed in Andaman and Nicobar Islands but is yet to be commissioned.

Not that it would have helped though. According to the Malaysian PM, those in control of MH370 had deliberately switched off all communication devices to fly undetected for nearly seven hours after

it was last sighted on radar.

Incidentally, Kolkata airport too has a primary surveillance radar but it filters out all flights beyond 25,000 ft because it is used for landings and takeoffs. "If we record all the information up

to 46,000 ft, there will be confusion in the ATC. Area controllers look after flights beyond 25,000 ft," explained Pramanik.

Russia “Puzzled” Over Malaysia Airlines “Capture” By US Navy

A new report circulating in the Kremlin today prepared by the Main Intelligence Directorate of the General Staff of the Armed Forces (GRU) states that Aerospace Defence Forces (VKO) experts remain “puzzled” as to why the United States Navy captured and then diverted a Malaysia Airlines civilian aircraft from its intended flight-path to their vast and highly-secretive Indian Ocean base located on the Diego Garcia atoll.

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1753.htm

Russia “Puzzled” Over Malaysia Airlines “Capture” By US Navy

A new report circulating in the Kremlin today prepared by the Main Intelligence Directorate of the General Staff of the Armed Forces ([/size]GRU) states that Aerospace Defence Forces ([/size]VKO) experts remain [/size]“puzzled” as to why the United States Navy [/size]captured and then diverted a Malaysia Airlines civilian aircraft from its intended flight-path to their vast and highly-secretive Indian Ocean base located on the [/size]Diego Garcia atoll.[/size]

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1753.htm

After going through 9/11 videos, making a plane disappear does not seem too far fetched at all.

Could the plane be remotely flown? Could the pilots or hijacked turn off the transponders ?

What worrisome now is that the people on board would be collateral damage necessary for the greater good for the country concerned.

Seriously this turn of event is high level conspiracy stuffs.

Perhaps we should also think the security in regards to access to the plane even before it took off. Could someone entered the cockpit unauthorized and probably hacked the system before the flight took off for Beijing? This is just mere speculation though :( .