MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

Missing MH370: Passengers with stolen passport had 'Asian features' http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/03/10/Missing-MAS-flight-Suspect-stolen-passport-Asian-features/

Though many European or Western countries, particularly USA, people have Asian features but they could just be some Asians babies from China, Korea or even Vietnam adopted by western couples. The only way to testify them is by their listening to their accent. I would say the immigration officers have not performed their duty thoroughly by raising suspicion on the impostors, by engaging conversation with them and if they sounded like Thai, something was really wrong and they had the right to detain these impostors for further questionings.

Hi,just popup few question in my mind since been few days of SnR yet still havent found any clue about what exactly happend to mh370.

My question is if MH370 lost contact at reporting point "igari" with let say around 6 to 6.5hours of endurance which country within 6hours endurance it can go around igari point..and is it possible for b777 to fly stealthly without any trace??

Thank you

Hi,just popup few question in my mind since been few days of SnR yet still havent found any clue about what exactly happend to mh370.

My question is if MH370 lost contact at reporting point "igari" with let say around 6 to 6.5hours of endurance which country within 6hours endurance it can go around igari point..and is it possible for b777 to fly stealthly without any trace??

Thank you

Switch off ADS-B, fly low to avoid radar.

Switch off ADS-B, fly low to avoid radar.

I didn't know it was possible. Military radar would pick that up, wouldn't it?

I didn't know it was possible. Military radar would pick that up, wouldn't it?

Ask the Navy Seals how they did it in Pakistan to nab Osama.

Military radar works on radar return but atc radar is transponder based. So if the transponder signal is lost atc radar won't be able to pickup the return from the plane but military radar scan everything that is flying.

The IGP just said that they've identified 1 of the 2 impostors...and that there's no records of them entering the country legally.....so could they be transit passengers?

if i'm using stolen passport I would definitely try to avoid as much immigration counters as possible....

and i'm sure that the immigration at KLIA would have detained them while they're trying to pass since there's no record of them coming in in the 1st place...

why did the military pick up the turn back while the ATC did not?

Military radar works on radar return but atc radar is transponder based. So if the transponder signal is lost atc radar won't be able to pickup the return from the plane but military radar scan everything that is flying.

RMAF should reveal more about the radar record e.g. tracking, duration etc else is unhelpful to SAR effort.

Chinese group claims responsibility for flight MH370

A group that calls itself the Chinese Martyrs' Brigade has claimed responsibility for crashing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, which has remained missing after losing contact with ground control at 1:20am on Saturday.

http://www.wantchinatimes.com/news-subclass-cnt.aspx?cid=1101&MainCatID=11&id=20140310000042

Looks like a bunch of attention seekers though.

Edited by jahur

40 minutes seems like a short time to seize control of a jetliner.

Edited by Waiping

Look at the wrong place...

So does it mean that we rely too much on Flightradar to locate the plane?

Yeah, maybe the authority should look at the wrong place for a change. Perhaps one or two vessels spared for this unseeming locations. What is there to loose since the authority too have activated its west coast assets to check the waters off PNG.

Another baffling incidence.. a Chinese man claimed that his missing brother's mobile phone rang when he attempted to call him but it was not picked up.

Could it add up to the assumption that the plane disintegrated mid-air and while overland and that the phone somehow landed intact on land ?

"It has salvaged the object, at the notice and request by Malaysia's rescue centre, 130 km southwest of Tho Chu island. The object has been identified as a moss-covered cap of a cable reel," the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam said on its website.

From Yahoo.

So now the latest from DCA chief - false passport imposters do not have asian features

Geesh, talk about back pedalling