MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

In my opinion, I do hope the SAR teams is about to start with land search if they have enough manpower. Both land and sea search simultaneously.

Wonder if the Singapore Navy has deployed its sub into the water.

If yes, the next question would be whether the oil comes from MH370 or other sources.

Simple. Send subs and divers down where they found the oil and verify.

Jet a1 fuel is unlikely to remain at this weather.

What about engine oil and hydraulic fluid?

If they can found the oil but not the wreckage at the same area, it's likely the plane may have dumped the oil under some circumstances before u-turning back to KL. Same case to MH when they departed from ARN to KUL few years back after a photographer managed to snap a picture of the plane taking off with smoke emitted from the engine.

China government expressed disappointment on how Malaysia government is handling MH370 incident:

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/bahasa/article/kerajaan-china-kecewa-cara-pengendalian-kehilangan-mh370. Sorry in Malay Language only.

Not sure what they want to know when there is no info available. Gigantic search and rescue operation and no one found anything yet, so what do they want? Even the air France a330 was found only after 5 days.

Btw, it is not unusual at all to see Asians holding European passport. Malaysia may be proud of its multi racial heritage a long time ago, but these days malaysias racial politics is shameful compared to many European countries which grant full citizenship rights to whatever colour.

If they can found the oil but not the wreckage at the same area, it's likely the plane may have dumped the oil under some circumstances before u-turning back to KL. Same case to MH when they departed from ARN to KUL few years back after a photographer managed to snap a picture of the plane taking off with smoke emitted from the engine.

I know you can dump fuel but oil???

Guys, this submarine issue has been discussed in great length. Please do research before condemning.

Submarines are not equipped for SAR.

Quantity is relatively minute.

Wonder what happen to the nation submarine? It's truly ashame that the current government had spent so much on these submarine and yet not able to perform the search task in emergencies. Singapore already offered submarine to be deployed for the search of this aircraft.

Wonder if the Singapore Navy has deployed its sub into the water.

To look for submersible debris, they will need towed array sonar to ping the seafloor.

(Reuters) - T he disappearance of a Malaysian jetliner is an "unprecedented aviation mystery", a senior official said on Monday, with a massive air and sea search now in its third day failing to find any confirmed trace of the plane or 239 people aboard.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/10/us-malaysiaairlines-flight-idUSBREA2701720140310

To me, they have been searching the wrong area.

Edited by KK Lee

I begin to feel this whole SAR frustating, no significant confirmed findings whatsoever, just more rumours and rumours.

I begin to feel this whole SAR frustating, no significant confirmed findings whatsoever, just more rumours and rumours.

What do you expect from searching the wrong area as if the sea is static without considering wind or current.

Edited by KK Lee

We might hear some news from people living along the Kelantan/Trengganu coastline.

If I live there, I'd be beachcombing now.

Edited by Naim

regarding the possibilities of turning back and ended up in the vicinity of Straits of Melacca, Even if the aircraft is not squawking, what is the chance of aircraft that size crossing the peninsular without being detected at all?

Edited by Benjamin Ho

What do you expect from searching the wrong area as if the sea is static without considering wind or current.

OK, I admit I am quietly impatient (so does everyone else).

I'm in agreement with those who think the aircraft might have crash landed inland.

This reminds me about the SilkAir crash in Indonesia where the plane totally submerged into the swamp and untraceable.

regarding the possibilities of turning back and ended up in the vicinity of Straits of Melacca, Even if the aircraft is not squawking, what is the chance of aircraft that size crossing the peninsular without being detected at all?

An aircraft that size should be detectable by advanced radar systems such as those of the military's unless it was hugging the ground like what a fisherman claimed to have seen. But then again, the sound of Trents roaring past villages or townships as it flies pass can hardly go unnoticed.

This reminds me about the SilkAir crash in Indonesia where the plane totally submerged into the swamp and untraceable.

Same with Adam Air Flight 574. They looked at the wrong place. The first wreckage found a week later.

Same with Adam Air Flight 574. They looked at the wrong place. The first wreckage found a week later.

What to expect if people didn't look at data objectively.

Look at the wrong place...

So does it mean that we rely too much on Flightradar to locate the plane?

Did they consider Flightradar?

Edited by KK Lee

My same sentiment as well. Sure the plane is a jetliner and no going to be as fast as jet fighter but for sure military radar would have picked it up. Unless no one bothers to check it out. IIRC there is one airbase in kuantan and another in Butterworth. Nothing for the night?

An aircraft that size should be detectable by advanced radar systems such as those of the military's unless it was hugging the ground like what a fisherman claimed to have seen. But then again, the sound of Trents roaring past villages or townships as it flies pass can hardly go unnoticed.

I'll give them the benefit of doubt since it is way pass midnight.

My same sentiment as well. Sure the plane is a jetliner and no going to be as fast as jet fighter but for sure military radar would have picked it up. Unless no one bothers to check it out. IIRC there is one airbase in kuantan and another in Butterworth. Nothing for the night?

Don't forget RMAF Gong Kedak.

RMAF radar station at Bukit Ibam may have the range to cover IGARI at FL350.

Edited by KK Lee

If the plane was gliding due to total power loss and crash landed over mountains, it will go unnoticed for a while. Plus the current haze problem.

I think the sheer uncertainties are getting bigger, and none can be ruled out yet!