MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

We are assuming that the a/c has crashed.

If it had been hijacked to Russia, does it sound ridiculous?

Going thru Vietnam and Chinese airspace undetected is never heard of in recent years.

No explosion, phones can be rang, no debris could be found on water surface atm, no mayday calls, no signals from the aircraft, 2 mysterious passenger. Man, this is getting intense.

Points to ponder:

1. Passengers mobile phones rang when their families called from China. If crashed in ocean, would it still ring?

2. Pentagon didn't detect any explosions over the ocean

3. The 2 mystery pax must be Caucasians or they would not have been able to clear check-in and immigration.

4. The other 2 Ukrainian pax also purchased their tickets from CZ, along with the 2 mystery pax

Just my observations.

Point #1: You could also argue the passenger might have left behind/lost/misplaced their phone, and the phone is not actually on their person nor the flight.

Point #3: A good passport forgery might have hoodwinked immigration, or maybe the mystery pax did look caucasian. Besides, no one ever look that caucasian anymore these days what with the mixing of genes.

Edited by Newitt

After 18 pages of drama plot, here is a recap:

- The flight has supposedly gone down 40 mins into the flight rather than 1 and 40 mins hours in as previously reported. 2 hours is when Malaysia was informed of the plane going missing.
- Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, USA, Philippines, Australia, Thailand and China are currently helping in the search effort.
- FBI, FAA, NTSB and Rolls Royce are on their way or had arrived to assist in investigation.
- The sea is only ~60m/100 ft deep where it has supposedly crashed.
- 2 passengers were travelling with stolen passports and have purchased a ticket simultaneously as their E-ticket numbers were only one digit apart. They were flying KUL-PEK-AMS-CPH, another KUL-PEK-AMS-FRA
- The passengers who have had their passports stolen said they were taken in Thailand over the last two years and they were supposedly older passports with no chip - simply speculation that part.
- One Russian was stopped in KUL for using a stolen passport and was not allowed to board.
- An oil slick has been spotted just off Vietnam but this has yet to be confined as a link to the flight.
- Agent in KUL that did not spot the stolen passport is being questioned/charged.
- SAR has spotted some objects in the sea which could be "Yellow Lifejackets" but this has recently been dismissed.
"Jeng jeng jeng"!!! The movie continues............
Edited by JuliusWong

And nowadays with web check-in and self-print boarding passes, is there still a need to go to the Transfer Counter?

I do not think one can simply do an online check in and just appear at the departure gate, or am I wrong here?

If Luigi and Christian flew say Bangkok Airways HKT-KUL and done online check in for MH307, can they just appear at the departure gate without going through the Transfer counter first? And can they do this with checked luggage from HKT (provided that Bangkok Airways and MH have interline agreement)? I don't think they just carry hand luggage (which is easier to execute in this manner).

I do not think one can simply do an online check in and just appear at the departure gate, or am I wrong here?

If Luigi and Christian flew say Bangkok Airways HKT-KUL and done online check in for MH307, can they just appear at the departure gate without going through the Transfer counter first? And can they do this with checked luggage from HKT (provided that Bangkok Airways and MH have interline agreement)? I don't think they just carry hand luggage (which is easier to execute in this manner).

In domestic Australia, you can. Unless you have a check-in luggage.

A nicely written article about the passenger demographic.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/behind-jets-passenger-list-a-rich-human-tapestry/story-fnizu68q-1226849807977

But this is an international flight, from a point in Thailand (e.g. HKT) to KUL connecting on flight MH370.

Can Luigi and Christian be accepted on flight MH370 if they did an online check in and just went straight to the departure gate without going through the transfer counter at KUL after completing a flight with Bangkok Airways from HKT?

But this is international flight, from a point in Thailand (e.g. HKT) to KUL connecting on flight MH370.

Can Luigi and Christian be accepted on flight MH370 if they did an online check in and just went straight to the departure gate without going through the transfer counter at KUL after completing a flight with Bangkok Airways from HKT?

I think it depends on how the code-share or interline agreement is executed. Code sharing and interline agreement can be different for many cases, correct me if I am wrong.

OT: Argh - just saw a picture shared on social media of supposedly a fleet of ships searching the sea for the wreckage.

But I know that is just the southenly approach into Changi. Should I make the comment of just leave it? the curse of an AVgeek.

But this is an international flight, from a point in Thailand (e.g. HKT) to KUL connecting on flight MH370.

I think it depends on how the code-share or interline agreement is executed. Code sharing and interline agreement can be different for many cases, correct me if I am wrong.

I think you still need to go through passport control? Just for a quick check. Immigration apparently managed to stop a Russian with fake passport from boarding this flight. Not sure where he came from.

I can't speak from my own experience because I never transit in KUL (as it is my home airport) and have very little transfer experiences, all of which have to go through the transfer counter.

Hmm. Asked my MH spy, and he said that it is possible, if the ticket as been preprinted before hand.

So HKT-KUL, then straight to the gate for the KUL-PEK flight. I mean, internet booking and tickets means you dont really need airline stock to be printed to get your boarding pass nowadays kan?

I think you still need to go through passport control? Just for a quick check. Immigration apparently managed to stop a Russian with fake passport from boarding this flight. Not sure where he came from.

And the plot thickens.................

I normally do ADL-KUL-PEN. There's a document/passport check (edit to add: a proper passport check by immigration) before entering security to departure gate to PEN. Not sure about international-international transit though.

Edited by Johan Z

On my last MH flight from SIN - LHR, I just stepped out of the SIN aircraft and walked straight to the gate for LHR without going through any passport control. There were security checking my documents, but they don't look like immigration officers to me.

Vietnamese media is quoting search and rescue officials as being 'surprised' at how tight-lipped the Malaysian government is. According to VN Express, Vietnam’s Chief of Air Administration Lai Xuan Thanh says they are receiving very little information from Malaysian partners, with most updates coming from international media.

http://my.news.yahoo.com/mas-aircraft-goes-missing--says-airline-023820132.html

I have a feeling that certain degree of efforts need to be done to scour our land area i.e. Titiwangsa. Or at least an aircraft to fly on the exact coordinates mimicking MH370 path route.

On my last MH flight from SIN - LHR, I just stepped out of the SIN aircraft and walked straight to the gate for LHR without going through any passport control. There were security checking my documents, but they don't look like immigration officers to me.

Did the same thing for my flight to Narita from Brunei a few months ago. I was on transit from BI to MH and didn't have to go through passport control. Had my preprinted boarding pass from BWN.

Same procedure with the above for flights via SIN from BWN (again, interlined) unless going to the states. Had to clear a few hurdles both in Brunei and Changi prior to boarding the aircraft.

Ohh trust me, I did a fair share of "inter connecting" myself...but I must say that KLIA or MHAB, they do a good job when it comes to security.

One my KCH-KUL-HKG-TPE flight, I was called not once but twice to verify that I was indeed at the departure gate because my luggage was checked all through from KCH. My friend's luggage was off loaded because they thought he didn't show up.

In KCH at least, the MH's Gate Agents are good at verifying passengers, they would look at the face of the passenger, and engage is small talks. The AUX Police...not so, they only match the names on Boarding Pass and the name on the ID. They don't even look up to see my face.

I'm still praying and hoping for the best...

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

It is apparent that this 2 passengers didn't intend to fly to PEK as no one in their right mind would fly from KUL to AMS via PEK, with connecting on the same day!!!

People in Thailand said it's quite common actually especially those Europeans travelling on tight budget. Besides, it is said they bought their tickets one day before the date of departure and only paid THB19,560 for the one-way ticket to Europe.

We are assuming that the a/c has crashed.

If it had been hijacked to Russia, does it sound ridiculous?

But you don't think it is ridiculous ?

Good point.

RT @MatthewKeysLive: Setting aside facts for a second, suppose the missing Malaysia plane is some kind of attack. Who doesn't claim credit after two days?

I feel currently the whole MH370 incident is lifted off from Robert Ludlum/ Stephen King/ Tom Clancy book series.....So many theories, questions and conspiracies.........

Abu Sayyaf, JI and Al Qaeda would have claim their credit at very first opportunity kao kao once the plane is 'gone'.....But so far silence from terrorist world. Apa terjadi ni?

I learned from A.net that no one claimed responsibility for the bombing of Pan Am 103 either. Al-Qaeda also did not claim responsibility for 9/11 until a few years later.

For the record, i am not saying that what happened to MH370 on 8/3/2014 was definitely terror linked but like what Hishammuddin said yesterday, everything is possible.

How far does the signal from the ELT travels.Do all the assets looking for this signals need a special equipment to detect the signal?Also can satellites pick up this signal?

I have a feeling that certain degree of efforts need to be done to scour our land area i.e. Titiwangsa. Or at least an aircraft to fly on the exact coordinates mimicking MH370 path route.

Every bits of suggestions helps. Nothing to loose by retracing the flight path.

The Luigi fella made a TV appearance over in Thailand yesterday. Grinning from ear to ear. Thai police were making a fan-fare like event of it. Sorry, but I think they are being insensitive. There are hundreds of people outthere missing and hundreds more grieving.

Our cops and emigrations have better make some concrete statements on this soon on how these two culprits managed to come into the country and board the flight. Their image and integrity is as at this moment, no good.