MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

‘Unacceptable’: Australia’s report on missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 is brutal

A recent report indicates finality may never come for the families of the missing. Since halting their search efforts last January, the Australian government has been compiling an exhaustive report on the effort. The final document, published Tuesday, was written by the Australian Transport Safety Bureau.
It offers a blunt conclusion: “The reasons for the loss of MH370 cannot be established with certainty until the aircraft is found.” And that is unimaginable, the report said.
“It is almost inconceivable and certainly societally unacceptable in the modern aviation era with 10 million passengers boarding commercial aircraft every day, for a large commercial aircraft to be missing and for the world not to know with certainty what became of the aircraft and those on board.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/10/03/unacceptable-australias-report-on-missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-370-is-brutal/?hpid=hp_hp-morning-mix_mm-airplane%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.c28bb9b47706

Until MH370 mystery is resolved, will continue to haunt MH.

Search for MH370 to resume: Malaysia confirms it has chosen a private company to hunt for the wreckage of the doomed plane – and the firm won’t be paid until it is found
PUBLISHED: 10:00 BST, 19 October 2017

The Malaysian government has chosen US-based seabed exploration firm Ocean Infinity to resume the search for missing Malaysia Airlines plane MH370.

The company earlier offered to take up the $200 million search for free, amid claims experts have pinpointed the crash site.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4996262/Ocean-Infinity-resume-search-missing-flight-MH370.html#ixzz4vwcyQ2et

I didnt have any of my relatives or friends on that flight but even I feel that we need some closure on this issue. I really hope they find the plane. Good luck

Lumut MP insists MH370 is in South China Sea
from: https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/399556#Q5Hfx1EmrVfzXwkl.99

"There is no video evidence that the plane turned towards the Indian Ocean. I urge the government to show videos (evidence) from the navy to show the plane changed direction...

well yes, that would be challenging for gahmen to accommodate wouldn't it ?! :rolleyes:

Malaysia to make announcement on search for missing MH370: official

Source: Xinhua| 2018-01-03 22:03:54

KUALA LUMPUR, Jan. 3 (Xinhua) -- Malaysia is expected to make an announcement related to the search for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, a senior government official said Wednesday.

Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai said the Malaysian government is still in discussion with U.S. company Ocean Infinity on the search for the missing aircraft.

"I am going to make an announcement next week after we finalize the contract with them," he told reporters.

The Malaysian government has been in negotiation with Ocean Infinity to resume search operations on a "no find, no pay" basis. Reports emerged this week that a high-tech research vessel chartered by Ocean Infinity had set sale to the search area in the Southern Indian Ocean.

MH370, carrying 239 on board, went missing en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 8, 2014.

The governments of Malaysia, Australia and China suspended the search operation in January 2017 after almost three years' efforts in a 120,000-square-km area in the Southern Indian Ocean failed to find any sign of the wreckage of the plane. But a report from the Australian Transport Safety Board released later in the year pointed to a new search area where the aircraft could be found.

http://xinhuanet.com/english/2018-01/03/c_136869914.htm

Edited by xtemujin

Four years later, new MH370 probe finds someone veered the plane off course

According to a report released July 30, investigators say it is likely that the controls on Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 were deliberately manipulated. (Reuters)

On March 8, 2014, Capt. Zaharie Ahmad Shah radioed air traffic controllers, Good night, Malaysia, as the Boeing 777 he was piloting left the country's airspace. A short time later, he and the 250-foot plane disappeared.

By daybreak, Zaharie and the 238 other people on MH370 would be at the center of the biggest airplane mystery since the disappearance of Amelia Earhart.

Authorities may never know the answers to crucial questions about what happened after that final communication:

Why did the plane end up thousands of miles off course? Who switched the transponder off, preventing anyone from tracking the aircraft? And why was there never a mayday message or a final phone call or a desperate text from a panicked passenger?

But on Monday, authorities in Malaysia conceded that they do know one thing about the final hours of flight MH370:

Inside the plane, someone was in control.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2018/07/30/four-years-later-new-mh370-probe-finds-someone-veered-the-plane-off-course/?utm_term=.630aac0eec3e

If the old gomen still in power he will still be sitting there.

If the old gomen still in power he will still be sitting there.

Get promoted; after retired, get appointed to directorship in GLC.

Well yes, four years does seem a rather lengthy period of time to conclude "the Air Traffic Controller did not comply with certain Standard Operating Procedures" and for someone to bear the honorable burden - it's not like they had to scour the ocean floor for evidence of that non compliance

MH370 theory: Data analysis points to new probable crash site

DECEMBER 7, 2018 8:15PM

The MH370 search doesn’t add up. An engineer has found a new possible crash site — and inferred a sinister end for passengers.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/mh370-theory-data-analysis-points-to-new-probable-crash-site/news-story/a53b708ee8e88402b1c905df89351180

Edited by xtemujin

There should be an in-depth investigation into why Malaysia's military did not respond to that unknown object (MH370) detected on military radar.

What if MH370 was ment to fly into a certain targer/building? Fighter jets were not scrambled, where they unable to scramble? Was it detected but desicion was made to ignore it?

There should be an in-depth investigation into why Malaysia's military did not respond to that unknown object (MH370) detected on military radar.

What if MH370 was ment to fly into a certain targer/building? Fighter jets were not scrambled, where they unable to scramble? Was it detected but desicion was made to ignore it?

Considering what that had been mentioned in this other thread

http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21351&hl=

you have to wonder whether the capability was there at that time and day to 'respond/scramble/intercept' ?!

Considering what that had been mentioned in this other thread

http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21351&hl=

you have to wonder whether the capability was there at that time and day to 'respond/scramble/intercept' ?!

Well that would not be good.

Implying that even RMAF F18 fleet in Butterworth could not be scrambled? I believe its more likely that no action was taken although they were able to scramble.

I believe the F18s are in a better condition than the Russian jets in the fleet.

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, 5 Years Later: The Crucial Clue the Investigators Missed

Figuring out what happened at 6:25 pm GMT, on March 8, 2014, could solve the biggest mystery of modern civilization.

BY JEFF WISE MARCH 8, 2019

Skepticism about the integrity of the Inmarsat data has been spreading. In 2018, David Gallo, the Woods Hole oceanographer who led the effort that found Air France Flight 447 deep in the Atlantic, wrote on Twitter: “I never thought I’d say this….I think there is a good chance that MH370 never came south at all. Let’s put it this way, I don’t accept the evidence that the plane came south.”

Edited by xtemujin

When someone starts a story with "This much we know: Precisely five seconds after MH370 left Malaysia [sic] controlled airspace, someone turned off all the communications equipment and cranked the plane into a hard left turn.", it's a pretty strong sign that they don't know what they are talking about or are bald faced liars. We don't know any of this, though it does seem most likely that the aircraft was intentionally turned left, we don't know the timing with that precision, we don't know why the aircraft lost comms, we certainly can't say that someone did it. The most likely explanation is that all active generators went off line for a short time and power was not fully restored to the aircraft. If this coincided with a period of, say hypoxia, the actions of the crew may have been totally inappropriate - with no ill intent.

Looking at the story in "the drive", serial 2 is arrant nonsense. Inmarsat did a subtle redesign of the way ground station data was stored to allow ranging from all data signals. Almost every word in serial 2 is false. Serial 3 continues with falsehoods. Especially laughable ones as the debris has turned up exactly where it was predicted it would turn up, if one looks back five years in this thread, you will find that I had already mentioned that a few weeks into the disappearance. It then lurches into "the only possible perpratrator" etc..., which has nothing to do with drift modelling. My money is still on an unusual failure and crew incapacitation. Hypoxic crew can act in totally bizarre ways - that's why it is so dangerous.

With regard to David Gallo, I'll him speak for himself; "To the families, friends and loved ones of the NH370 victims: there is much in the media regarding the fate of the plane. Much of it I find to be irresponsible. I myself am often misquoted and I am sorry for that. My expertise is from the sea surface down to the sea floor."

Of necessity, most of the southern arc has yet to be searched, and that portion which has been searched has been searched to a limited width. Given the extraordinary costs involved, a long pause is prudent to determine where the best chance of success lies. But I hope funding can be found sooner rather than later to continue the search.

With regard to the statement "Five years later, we know they were wrong [about the southern arc]", that is another thing we do not know - most of it has yet to be searched.

I have to say, I am nauseated by those who seek to profit by bulldusting about MH370. Gallo is not one of them.

Edited by Paul Saccani