MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

Tomorrow or rather Thursday would be the d-day (disclosure day) for us to know if the flaperon is from MH370 when the French authorities starts to investigate on it.

The plastic bottle (cactus) is from malaysia - but that's a size you can't take past security......

on that topic, can you bring an empty bottle on board at KUL? I managed to do that at SYD.

If that was consumed on board at high altitude then one would expect it to be shrivelled to some degree due to pressure changes.

on that topic, can you bring an empty bottle on board at KUL? I managed to do that at SYD.

If that was consumed on board at high altitude then one would expect it to be shrivelled to some degree due to pressure changes.

Can't i think - i have seen many people get stopped. I hope against hope - but i have a feeling that bottle won't say much.

The plastic bottle (cactus) is from malaysia - but that's a size you can't take past security......

I wanted to say it could have come from the beverage cart, but I recall MH using Spritzer mineral water for flights ex-KUL.

I wanted to say it could have come from the beverage cart, but I recall MH using Spritzer mineral water for flights ex-KUL.

Wouldn't they have it stocked on board the aircraft?

Ah yes, i forgot that - good point. Kept looking at it from a passenger perspective

too small for 777 window? no?

looks a bit small for a regular fuselage window, whereas the smaller windows on the doors are about that width, but are taller.

I used to live in Penang many years ago. For a few weekends, I volunteered with a group from school to clean the beaches in the national park on the north west side. We find bottles, clothes, bags... all sorts of rubbish every time. Then we burn them. I don't think any of these items would be "suspicious" unless you find a giant chunk of metal like a 2m part of a plane. Lets face it, when you go to a beach resort like most of us do, by the time you wake up and head down to the beach, the hotel workers have cleaned the beaches so you don't see what gets washed up.

Edited by Azman MN

..... Lets face it, when you go to a beach resort like most of us do, by the time you wake up and head down to the beach, the hotel workers have cleaned the beaches so you don't see what gets washed up.

I live at a sea fronted town, albeit not a beach resort

What that get washed up at water edge and non-resort beaches here - probably a forensic scientist's dream come true or an environmentalist's nightmare :lol:

I live at a sea fronted town, albeit not a beach resort

What that get washed up at water edge and non-resort beaches here - probably a forensic scientist's dream come true or an environmentalist's nightmare :lol:

The primary source of rubbish at your (and my) sea-fronted town is very well-known. :D

Squatter settlement at nearby Pulau Gaya with no proper solid waste disposal system.

ohhhh i know which one- i saw it riding out to the YTL resort! I heard even polis takut ke sana .....

Rest in peace beautiful people

At least, we have the closure for this unsolved mystery

I still think the road is long - we know it crashed, but finding out the whole story will take years, or maybe never fully be told :( - i hope for the sake of future aviation safety, everything will come to light.

I still think the road is long - we know it crashed, but finding out the whole story will take years, or maybe never fully be told :( - i hope for the sake of future aviation safety, everything will come to light.

MAS' fault for not subscribing to the GPS tracking. Just imagine how much the governments would have to spend now in order to find the aircraft. Luckiest thing is MAS do not have to bear the cost, because the cost is going to be bore by the people of Malaysia, Australia and China.

MAS' fault for not subscribing to the GPS tracking. Just imagine how much the governments would have to spend now in order to find the aircraft. Luckiest thing is MAS do not have to bear the cost, because the cost is going to be bore by the people of Malaysia, Australia and China.

No, it's DCA/FAA/EASA's fault for not mandating GPS tracking. It's also Boeing's fault because they didn't make GPS tracking standard equipment, as well as Inmarsat for profiteering off a lifesaving feature.

What I'm basically saying is that it's NOBODY'S fault. Nobody ever envisioned a loss scenario like MH370 so playing the finger pointing game is callous & arrogant.

Besides, the GPS tracker is not the system's main function - it's maintenance reporting. Something that MAS felt to be redundant. It's only AFTER MH370 did the secondary function was brought to light.

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

No, it's DCA/FAA/EASA's fault for not mandating GPS tracking. It's also Boeing's fault because they didn't make GPS tracking standard equipment, as well as Inmarsat for profiteering off a lifesaving feature.

What I'm basically saying is that it's NOBODY'S fault. Nobody ever envisioned a loss scenario like MH370 so playing the finger pointing game is callous & arrogant.

Besides, the GPS tracker is not the system's main function - it's maintenance reporting. Something that MAS felt to be redundant. It's only AFTER MH370 did the secondary function was brought to light.

Very true. We have the benefit of hindsight. So it is easy to say this party is wrong, that party is wrong yadda yadda blah blah. Finger pointing is like a sport to these guys. The focus now is to find the main wreckage, determine the cause and prevent it from reoccuring. That's it Edited by Mulyadir Fitri

This twitter guy has posted some photos of items which appear to originate from Malaysia. https://twitter.com/creissen

He is asking what to look out for in terms of seat cushion colours etc. Maybe some of us who have twitter accounts can help out. Or maybe some items pictured may be identifiable.

This twitter guy has posted some photos of items which appear to originate from Malaysia. https://twitter.com/creissen

He is asking what to look out for in terms of seat cushion colours etc. Maybe some of us who have twitter accounts can help out. Or maybe some items pictured may be identifiable.

Good idea - i have a twitter account, just having a look now