MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

DCA: Family free to investigate MH370 disappearance on their own

Good grief! This further shows the competency levels of the investigating authorities!

There was a lot of private investigations (i.e. stay-at-home computer nerds) scouring the area of the accidents a few days after the crash. I don't see that as a big problem.

In fact, if Malaysian, Australian and Chinese governments were trying to cover up, at least it would get exposed.

A group of independent experts says it thinks it knows the approximate location of the missing aircraft. Several members of the group initially cast doubts on Inmarsat's conclusions that the plane had flown south. But shortly after Malaysia released raw satellite data on May 27, several of the loose confederation of scientists agreed it provided sufficient data to show the plane had flown south.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/18/world/asia/malaysia-missing-plane/

"The consensus reaction to this stunning news was that it had most likely gone south, into the sea. I weighed the evidence and filed a story arguing that it had more likely gone north. My editor was skeptical. Publishing my claim meant going out on a limb, but I felt that it was a risk worth taking. To ease her concerns, I promised that if I turned out to be wrong, I would write a public apology. This is that apology."

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/future_tense/2014/06/how_i_went_wrong_in_my_analysis_of_the_missing_airliner.html

BBC Horizon: Where is Flight MH370?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpfYvGWt8qo

Watch this show, aired last night in the UK.

It explains Inmarsat's sorcery, with the hotspot at 28 degrees South along the Indian Ocean arc.

It also reveals that Inmarsat data led to the exposure of RMAF radar non-action in this debacle -- the White House took the lead to prod the Malaysian govt to act on Inmarsat's information.

===

Watch this show, aired last night in the UK.

It explains Inmarsat's sorcery, with the hotspot at 28 degrees South along the Indian Ocean arc.

It also reveals that Inmarsat data led to the exposure of RMAF radar non-action in this debacle -- the White House took the lead to prod the Malaysian govt to act on Inmarsat's information.

===

It is worth watching as it explains in layman terms how the Inmarsat data led the search south and the fact that the most likely area where the aircraft came down based on the Inmarsat data has still to be searched.

The incompetence of the Malaysian Government and the failures of the Air Force are there for every one to see, but sadly for the relatives and friends of those onboard no one will ever take any responsibility for their failures.

Geoff

http://www.smh.com.au/world/mh370-pilot-the-chief-suspect-in-case-of-foul-play-20140622-zshu4.html

MH370: Pilot the chief suspect in case of foul play

June 22, 2014

After more than 170 interviews, the criminal inquiry cleared all others on board, including first officer Fariq Abdul Hamid, London's The Sunday Times reports.

Police have not out alternative causes, such as mechanical failure or terrorism - they simply suggest that if foul play is involved, Captain Zaharie is the likely perpetrator. He is known to have installed a flight simulator in his home, and police investigators now say he had programmed flights out into the Indian Ocean that involved landing on a small island airstrip. The data had been deleted from the simulator but police were able to recover it.

I wonder which small island...

The police has denied this article.. Its just the tabloids editorial spinning old story to sell newspaper..

I am not sure whether this link was published here but certainly an interesting reading,

Is Maureen Baginski behind the missing MH370?

Enormous speculations on what might have gone on behind closed doors during the disappearance of MH370; which have gone viral across the globe raising so many questions on which one is it the truth?

When UK experts said they believe Malaysia Airlines MH370 was hijacked using cellphone; it is so true!

Continues praying for those innocent people (we meant only the innocent people) on that plane be returned home soonest and safely.

A Flash Override invented by Maureen Baginski for Serco may have cyber-jacked MH370 during its demonstration on March 8.

Read here on Maureen Baginski.

Edited by Lock SH

Malaysian military radar data on MH370 wrong, says report

The New York Times reports today investigators discovered Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 did not soar and swoop as they believed earlier, but remained in controlled flight for hours until it ran out of fuel over the southern Indian Ocean

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/malaysian-military-radar-data-on-mh370-wrong-says-report

Getting to be very fertile ground for theorists of all disciplines

If not because of the Inmarsat data, our RMAF radar fiasco would have been swept under the carpet.

If not because of the Inmarsat data, our RMAF radar fiasco would have been swept under the carpet.

I wonder how thick our carpet can get...so so many issues have been swept under carpet..and counting.....

Most countries prefer to downplay their radar capability during peace time but not the know all gomen.

But gahmen did try to downplay country's radar capability initially you will recall, or the military chaps anyway :)

Only that there is very little leeway to downplay from when people were found to have seemingly disregarded the odd blip on the screen :D

But gahmen did try to downplay country's radar capability initially you will recall, or the military chaps anyway :)

Only that there is very little leeway to downplay from when people were found to have seemingly disregarded the odd blip on the screen :D

Hahas!! Since our borders are so bocor......I won't be surprised if other countries do know about our radar capability....there aren't that many defence systems manufacturers: Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Airbus, Northrop Grumman, General Dynamics, GE Aerospace, BAE Inc.......

Hahas!! Since our borders are so bocor......I won't be surprised if other countries do know about our radar capability....there aren't that many defence systems manufacturers: Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Airbus, Northrop Grumman, General Dynamics, GE Aerospace, BAE Inc.......

Malaysia Govt is engaging and partnering with BAE now.

Malaysia ignored Inmarsat’s data on MH370 for 5 days, says report
See more at: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/malaysia-ignored-inmarsats-data-on-mh370-for-5-days-says-report#sthash.Af1zgLd6.dpuf

It seem all effort now done quietly in background (assuming it's still ongoing) - maybe less finger pointing at this stage would be helpful

Malaysia ignored Inmarsat’s data on MH370 for 5 days, says report

See more at: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/malaysia-ignored-inmarsats-data-on-mh370-for-5-days-says-report#sthash.Af1zgLd6.dpuf

It seem all effort now done quietly in background (assuming it's still ongoing) - maybe less finger pointing at this stage would be helpful

Perhaps it is the lack of finger pointing that has caused the situation? The acting minister of transport was well aware that the aircraft had been tracked over the peninsula, with contact lost to the west of Malaysia - by 0900 that same morning. He then withheld that information from the SAR authorities. This is an action which can only be seen as irresponsible. Some may argue it to be so irresponsible as to be worthy of criminal prosecution. This deliberate withholding of information meant that not only were any survivors, if such there were, given no chance to survive, the chance of finding any debris whilst it was still floating was very slim. This individual, when questioned about why TUDM did not intercept an unresponsive large jet in Malaysian air space, stated that the only thing that interception could achieve was to shoot the aircraft down. Demonstrating any lack of competence in either the military or transport roles, both of which should be well aware of the role of military interception in assisting (rather than shooting down, which is illegal) unresponsive civil aircraft that may be in distress. What should have happened is that 9M-MRO should have been intercepted, using the procedures that every civil and military pilot is familiar with, and directed to the nearest suitable airport. Were that direction not to be followed, valuable information may yet have been gained by the intercepting aircraft as to the nature of what was going on, the search area would have been greatly reduced, and with good management and the co-operation of regional partners, the aircraft could have been tracked considerably further, perhaps even as far as the furtherest search area that has been searched to date.

There is not enough finger pointing. And finger pointing is not enough.

Edited by Paul Saccani

Malaysia ignored Inmarsats data on MH370 for 5 days, says report

Not defending Malaysia, but even the British authorities took 5 days to take the data seriously as per the article. Edited by Azman MN

Not defending Malaysia, but even the British authorities took 5 days to take the data seriously as per the article.

Sorry Azman, but that is not the case at all. The UK AAIB helped Inmarsat to present their information to the Malaysians as soon as they were asked to do so. It was the Malaysians that rejected the data for five days, until Inmarsat teamed with the UK AAIB to persuade them to do otherwise. The article does not say that the UK AIIB did nothing for five days, it says, quite correctly, that the Malaysians did not want to know about the data for five days, until the UK AAIB helped Inmarsat to persuade the Malaysian authorities to heed it.

And all of that occurred because Immarsat took the initiative to see what they could determine with the data they had, and informed the Malaysian authorities within 24 hours of the aircraft losing contact, and then, when the Malaysian Authorities choose to reject that information, went to the AAIB in an attempt to get their data seen as the vital information that it was.

In my view, the acting minister of transport, in choosing to conceal that he knew the aircraft was West of the Peninsula, as he knew at 0900 on the morning of the disappearance, and then having the search conducted to the East of Malaysia is, the say least, reckless and irresponsible.

Edited by Paul Saccani