MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

Breaking news being reported currently in Perth is that potential wreckage has washed up on a beach near Augusta on WA south Western tip possibly from MH370.

The wreckage isn't confirmed and is currently being analysed.

If true it's closer to where they began originally looking in the Southern Indian Ocean, where they currently are is many thousands of kms north.

Let's remain hopefully, I stress it's unconfirmed at this stage.

Interesting.. Now perhaps the authorities and locals alike will start searching their local beaches for daily for further possible signs of the aircraft's debris.

Still, the debris will confirmed that the aircraft have ditched somewhere in the South Indian Ocean where the exact location may never be found.

Debris located is "consistent with airplane components, parts and materials" direct reporter quote.

Media are treading very carefully as if these turn out to be from MH370 the outcome and implications are obvious, I believe this is out of respect to the family's.

This was refreshing as the media's handling of this whole incident has been very questionable.

Debris located is "consistent with airplane components, parts and materials" direct reporter quote.

Media are treading very carefully as if these turn out to be from MH370 the outcome and implications are obvious, I believe this is out of respect to the family's.

This was refreshing as the media's handling of this whole incident has been very questionable.

The reporting has certainly change from being "over-confident" to being "careful". During the initial stage there were plenty of sightings reported and they all have certain level of confident in their tone.

Breaking news being reported currently in Perth is that potential wreckage has washed up on a beach near Augusta on WA south Western tip possibly from MH370.

The wreckage isn't confirmed and is currently being analysed.

If true it's closer to where they began originally looking in the Southern Indian Ocean, where they currently are is many thousands of kms north..

Just in case this isn't clear; this location for flotsam is consistent with the current search localtion. The currents in this part of the world are not simple, due to a number of gyres, if a gyre moves debris to the east of the current search location, it runs into the leuwin current, which then takes it south and around the bottom of WA, where it can be washed up at Augusta. It isn't consistent with the original southern search area.

Interesting.. Now perhaps the authorities and locals alike will start searching their local beaches for daily for further possible signs of the aircraft's debris.

Still, the debris will confirmed that the aircraft have ditched somewhere in the South Indian Ocean where the exact location may never be found.

WA beaches have been being searched for more than a month now, thanks for noticing. ;) This isn't the first sighting of flotsam of interest to the search, previous materials haven't been able to be associated with MH370. Western Australia has more than 20,000 km of coastline, with the state's population being about the same as Kuala Lumpur. It is incorrect to believe that this site is consistent with a southern ocean location, the currents generally don't run that way, but they do run from the present search location to Augusta, and the timing is consistent with that location.

10 km east doesn't sound very far, but it is about 60 km via 4wd to Augusta, with about half of that off road. If someone was getting away from it all over the long weekend, the delay seems reasonable.

I thought any debris would have gone westward to eastern Africa.

From that location, boats usually do, due to windage. For items less affected by windage, it is difficult to predict, due to a number of gyres that may put it into other gyres or currents. But once it gets into the Leuwin current, it becomes more predictable. During the course of this search, a lot of datum buoys have been dropped to give some idea of the behavior of the gyres and currents, so that backtracking from any debris located will have a better chance.

Putrajaya has submitted its preliminary report on the disappearance of flight MH370, but has yet to release it publicly despite insisting that it has nothing to hide, CNN reported. :unknw: Are these people truly brain dead?

Putrajaya has submitted its preliminary report on the disappearance of flight MH370, but has yet to release it publicly despite insisting that it has nothing to hide, CNN reported. :unknw: Are these people truly brain dead?

;) Those people are truly not accountable, and making everything secret is one of the tools used to avoid accountability in government. Not silly at all, particularly if you see self interest not as more important than the national interest, but you see it *as* the national interest....

;) Those people are truly not accountable, and making everything secret is one of the tools used to avoid accountability in government. Not silly at all, particularly if you see self interest not as more important than the national interest, but you see it *as* the national interest....

Unfortunately most people in Malaysia do not see this as a problem. So the ruling party can carry out their usual fashion. It is not the first time they have acted in secrecy anyway. There goes the saying: People usually get the government they deserve!

Unfortunately most people in Malaysia do not see this as a problem. So the ruling party can carry out their usual fashion. It is not the first time they have acted in secrecy anyway. There goes the saying: People usually get the government they deserve!

Oh most people (53% based on the last election result) see it as a problem alright. We just don't take to the streets too often like our neighbours.

Edited by Waiping

I still say that there is more than meet the eyes here with regards to transparency of the whole episode. There will be parts that we will never get to know, and reasons that we will never be able to find out. Unfortunately, the ruling government have decades of experience under its belt to just dish out such results. It could be of the nation's interest, or I would rather say, the government's interest by not disclosing them fully to the public. However, since MH370 involves multinational victims, perhaps that confidentiality can be pried open afterall.

I'm no entertainer of conspiracy theories, but what can possibly be on the flight manifest that they choose not to disclose it in full (at all?) ? That is one aspect of this issue that I simply cannot get past.

I'm no entertainer of conspiracy theories, but what can possibly be on the flight manifest that they choose not to disclose it in full (at all?) ? That is one aspect of this issue that I simply cannot get past.

Yes, I can't see why the cargo manifest is not disclosed even to the Australians who are searching for the plane on our behalf. One can only conclude that, amongst other things, it is carrying embargoed goods to China.

Edited by flee

Any bet that this will be one of the highlight of Mr. Obama's visit tomorrow?

10247362_10152468976095757_1937934722144

Now we know the real reason. Boeing is the culprit.

Dr M defends MAS and blames Boeing for MH370’s disappearance

Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad has blamed aircraft manufacturer Boeing for the missing Malaysia Airlines (MAS) flight MH370 and said the company should explain how it could have produced a plane with communications and tracking systems that were so easily disabled. http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/dr-m-defends-mas-and-blames-boeing-for-mh370s-disappearance

I think he's right. We should ground all Boeing aircraft in Malaysia and ban all Boeing aircraft from entering Malaysian airspace.

The statements and questions have been discussed and posted on blogs and forums since 8 Mar, so where has Mahathir been. Why it took him almost 2 months to say so