MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

I really hope that there would be transparent investigation if the black box is ever found. I strongly felt that there were simply too much withholding of information, from satellite imagery to cargo manifest. Somehow this has become the trend for this incident and I think that there is a chance that the investigation will continue to be so.

My short message to MAS via FB:

Dear AJ and MAS,

Understandably it has been a very difficult time for everyone at the airline. There is still a lot of work ahead for you. I just want to lend my support for the airline staff. Too often in a situation like this people forget that the airline staff are not having it easy as well. Keep the chins up.

Lastly, I want MAS to know that I look forward to bringing my family to Osaka on MH52 next month.

Best regards,

Albert.

at times like this, we have to stand by our flag carrier regardless of its shortcomings (bad catering, etc.).

your message must be of great comfort to MAS. enjoy your family trip, Albert!

With what had been concluded now, I think what happened is a mixture of the Swissair Flight 111 and Helios Flight 522 tragedies.

The 200kg of lihtium ion battery caused a fire in the cargo comparement which caused failures to the aircraft system which leads to the aircraft changes altitudes and its course erratically. This then caused depressurisation and hypoxia, which leads to the aircraft flew as a ghost flight for 7 hours towards the south Indian Ocean until its ran out of fuel and eventually crashed.

I ruled out hijacking by the cockpit crew or any other POB.

Just got off MH867 - I think the crew were really hit hard this time. It was different last week when there was still hope. This evening you could really sense grief.

Maybe the timing of the turnback and lost of communication is just a coincidence but I find it a "big coincidence" that it happened right after the passover between Malaysia to Vietnam ATC. Maybe it just really is an accident (cargo fire?) and really hoping they find the wreckage/black box so we can really know what happened.

With the now known fact that the blackbox only recorded the last 2 hours of the flight, and with a hypoxia theory, it is now crucial than ever to get the wreckage above all else to uncover the mystery.

RIP to those innocent souls.The right thing to do for some individuals is start writing their resignation letters.I want black and white hard facts of what had transpired in the first hour.Amen to them too:

It is a very sad and heart-breaking moment indeed for the relatives, MAS and Malaysia as well.

However, knowing that this nightmare have an end amids a tragic one will provide these people a new chapter to turn to and move on. The grieves will never end. It lingers on as life have changed. Until they have adapted to the loss, the grieve will continues.

Despite the tragic end,I do wish that it was an accident instead of some conspiracies with a nation behind it all. It is scary to think that some nations are capable to do what they want to do and make you believe what they want you to believe.

Still i woke up to a sense of sorrow. Great message to the MAS crew there albert. It must be hard for them.

It doesnt make sense..still cant proof anything since PC last nite said its end over the indian ocean..and not a single debris or picture to proof it..atleast show something to support the statement..u cant just said it end like that..hoping today PC will bring up something to support last nite PC..

With what had been concluded now, I think what happened is a mixture of the Swissair Flight 111 and Helios Flight 522 tragedies.

The 200kg of lihtium ion battery caused a fire in the cargo comparement which caused failures to the aircraft system which leads to the aircraft changes altitudes and its course erratically. This then caused depressurisation and hypoxia, which leads to the aircraft flew as a ghost flight for 7 hours towards the south Indian Ocean until its ran out of fuel and eventually crashed.

I ruled out hijacking by the cockpit crew or any other POB.

I don't really believe the fire theory. If one takes a look at how quick a fire can spread and burn down a building, then one would know the cargo fire theory does not make sense. Sure one might argue the oxygen is thinner up there, but there is no way it will burn and lasts for 7 hours and crash into the sea near Perth. The Alumnium alloy skin and structure of the 777 will not be able to contain a fire. It will combust as well should there be a fire.

Suicide and foul play seemed to hold more ground.

Have they interview the Captain's family yet? Particularly his wife?

Edited by S V Choong

I really hope that there would be transparent investigation if the black box is ever found. I strongly felt that there were simply too much withholding of information, from satellite imagery to cargo manifest. Somehow this has become the trend for this incident and I think that there is a chance that the investigation will continue to be so.

To avoid further questioning and embarrassment, incompetents are more likely to withhold information.

It doesnt make sense..still cant proof anything since PC last nite said its end over the indian ocean..and not a single debris or picture to proof it..atleast show something to support the statement..u cant just said it end like that..hoping today PC will bring up something to support last nite PC..

Believe actual satellite photos are clearer than what they released for public consumption. And Aussie will only confirm after they recovered debris that positively identified with MH-MRO.

Edited by KK Lee

There are numerous keypoints I'm not understand, that this flight MH370 indeed full of mysterious questions~

1) What makes the coincidence of disappearance from Radar upon the exchange contact between Vietnam and Malaysia?

2) What is the purpose of deactivating the transponder?

3) What's the purpose of descending the aircraft to a lower altitude since they had made a statement that the military radar detected a blip?

4) If blip is detected and unknown, the military aircraft should propose an intercepting flight. But there's no action taking place, Why?

5) If emergency has been taken place, wouldn't be wise for pilots to fly straight ahead to land at Ho Chi Minh City since the plane is at high altitude and jettison the fuel if required?

6) The endup of MH370 is located at South Indian Ocean, which is just West of Perth. The doubt I'm having here is if MH370 passes through Indonesia and Straits of Malacca, wouldn't they detect the aircraft from primary radars?

7) Previous posts showing that there's sightings of military radar in Thailand and Malaysia. If there's blip over Thailand , what's the course they are heading to? And what makes their flight alter from North to South which is not logical at all. And the fuel shouldn't be sufficient to reach over South Indian Ocean.

8) Lastly, what's the purpose of altering the track from original flight path?

So many doubts yet still confusion exists. Plot Thickens.

I don't really believe the fire theory. If one takes a look at how quick a fire can spread and burn down a building, then one would know the cargo fire theory does not make sense. Sure one might argue the oxygen is thinner up there, but there is no way it will burn and lasts for 7 hours and crash into the sea near Perth. The Alumnium alloy skin and structure of the 777 will not be able to contain a fire. It will combust as well should there be a fire.

There are numerous keypoints I'm not understand, that this flight MH370 indeed full of mysterious questions~

1) What makes the coincidence of disappearance from Radar upon the exchange contact between Vietnam and Malaysia?

2) What is the purpose of deactivating the transponder?

3) What's the purpose of descending the aircraft to a lower altitude since they had made a statement that the military radar detected a blip?

4) If blip is detected and unknown, the military aircraft should propose an intercepting flight. But there's no action taking place, Why?

5) If emergency has been taken place, wouldn't be wise for pilots to fly straight ahead to land at Ho Chi Minh City since the plane is at high altitude and jettison the fuel if required?

6) The endup of MH370 is located at South Indian Ocean, which is just West of Perth. The doubt I'm having here is if MH370 passes through Indonesia and Straits of Malacca, wouldn't they detect the aircraft from primary radars?

7) Previous posts showing that there's sightings of military radar in Thailand and Malaysia. If there's blip over Thailand , what's the course they are heading to? And what makes their flight alter from North to South which is not logical at all. And the fuel shouldn't be sufficient to reach over South Indian Ocean.

8) Lastly, what's the purpose of altering the track from original flight path?

So many doubts yet still confusion exists. Plot Thickens.

Some rumour claimed this incident was staged by c4 mama to bury a political news. Given data recorder capacity is only 2 hours, we may never know what actually happen.

MAS and the Malaysian Government will need the best lawyers money can buy to help them with impending lawsuits.

Whatever shortcomings MH may have, I think the least I can do is to give some support to MH now - I've just booked 2 flights with them for my upcoming travel.

That is without a doubt in my mind.The journey into the unknown future of the company sends chills down my spine.I sincerely hope to see a golden lining in the clouds for MAS.I cannot imagine being the CEO right now.

Malaysian govt. is used to spin stories for Malaysian public and controlled mainstream media. Unfortunately, they are trying to do the same for this but the international (and free) media are more experienced and are looking for facts and evidence. They are casting a lot of doubt on the PM's statement.

I think PM is seriously premature in announcing the loss of the flight without a shred of physical evidence. Bad call.

MAS and the Malaysian Government will need the best lawyers money can buy to help them with impending lawsuits.

That is without a doubt in my mind.The journey into the unknown future of the company sends chills down my spine.I sincerely hope to see a golden lining in the clouds for MAS.I cannot imagine being the CEO right now.

The lawyers will have to proof that MAS have acted recklessly or carelessly in ensuring the safety of the pilots, passengers and the plane.

All stones will not be left unturned to proof MAS is in the wrong.

This will involved going through hundreds of protocols whereby such information will not be freely released to the general public.

Given data recorder capacity is only 2 hours, we may never know what actually happen.

Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR) will record for 2 hours only, but Flight Data Recorder will record for 25 hours flight. We still be able to know what had happened out there.

Edited by Michael Chai

Malaysian govt. is used to spin stories for Malaysian public and controlled mainstream media. Unfortunately, they are trying to do the same for this but the international (and free) media are more experienced and are looking for facts and evidence. They are casting a lot of doubt on the PM's statement.

I think PM is seriously premature in announcing the loss of the flight without a shred of physical evidence. Bad call.

He mentioned that the flight ended in the South Indian Ocean, but stayed well away from saying that MH370 have crashed into that part of the seas. He further added that the location is remote, and far from any possible landing sites.

He did not specifically mentioned that the plane did indeed crashed there. So, technically he did not confirm that MH370 have crashed, but merely implied that it could have crashed there with not much possibility of survival. Of course his demeanour that time was sombre with a hint of sadness in him.

With you on the fire theory. It will not last the entire 7 hours flight if there's a fire on board that is big enough to incapacitate the souls on board.

As for suicide or foul play, what have happened to the passengers and cabin crews during this long hours?

Are they all incapacitated as well or hold at bay with some threats? Why none of them attempted to make calls out to seek help? At 12,000feet, it would be some possibility to make calls. What about satellite phones?

Is the report correct that at Igari point, the plane ascended to 45,000ft and then descended rapidly afterwards? If its true, then the passengers would have been rendered unconcious or even death for some. Can such devious work be carried out by a single person? 1 over 238 souls?