MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

Seems like there is a new lead with the chinese reporting spotting of large debris 22mX30m. Possible the fuselage or wings?

Agreed. If you had your fun inside a cockpit while the aircraft is operating, this would mean passengers' safety is compromised. No authorities would allow this to happen.

As I have posted before, my blonde colleague got invited to sit in the cockpit on our Swiss flight. It wasn't her first time...

Seems like there is a new lead with the chinese reporting spotting of large debris 22mX30m. Possible the fuselage or wings?

The dimension is now reported to be 22mx13m.

Chinese Il-76s join Perth-based MH370 search

Published on March 22, 2014

Written by: australianaviation.com.au

http://australianaviation.com.au/2014/03/chinese-il-76s-join-perth-based-mh370-search/

I wonder how well the poor old fuel guzzler is going to fare out in the big pond. She probably won't last long before she needed to be refuelled again.

The dimension is now reported to be 22mx13m.

Seems like they need a long time to confirm the images. From obtaining the images over the satellite to publicly announce their finding to informing Malaysia of their findings. Australia took 4-5 days and so did the Chinese. I just hope the object is still there by the time the reached there.

Does anyone know who the owner of 9M-MRO is? Is she owned by MAS or PNB?

Edited by S V Choong

The PLAAF IL76 landed at the wrong airport.

http://www.firstpost.com/world/mh370-search-chinese-plane-lands-at-wrong-airport-in-australia-1445597.html

I wonder how well the poor old fuel guzzler is going to fare out in the big pond. She probably won't last long before she needed to be refuelled again.
Seems like they need a long time to confirm the images. From obtaining the images over the satellite to publicly announce their finding to informing Malaysia of their findings. Australia took 4-5 days and so did the Chinese. I just hope the object is still there by the time the reached there.

Does anyone know who the owner of 9M-MRO is? Is she owned by MAS or PNB?

I watched the father of flight/mechanical engineer onboard, claimed by the media to raise a suspicion. Amid this allegation, he managed to talk calmly and did not become overly defensive. Some journalists are just heartless.

They are moving out of Sama Sama to PWTC... F1 circus booked the hotel and they have to clear out...

It is a lesson for the whole world, not just Singapore. Unfortunately, in this case Malaysia with its distinctive flaws provides the complete case study to all.

Australia is now asking for cargo manifest. Hope there is no falsely declared cargo on board! Remember this?

http://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=20000315-0

Going back to the basics. Shifting through the commons with a more detailed focus.

Edited by Cire

There are many lessons to be learned from this event and its aftermath.

However, "self-righteousness in retrospect is easy - also cheap" - Arthur Schlesinger

Why are there not single Malaysian aircraft in Perth?May it be a Falcon 900,GlobalJet,Surely MAS and Air Asia can send at least one each aircraft to join the SAR.Why we lepas tangan to let others do it 100%?Surely the civilian planes can help with the visual search?

Edited by Phil M.

Why are there not single Malaysian aircraft in Perth?May it be a Falcon 900,GlobalJet,Surely MAS and Air Asia can send at least one each aircraft to join the SAR.Why we lepas tangan to let others do it 100%?Surely the civilian planes can help with the visual search?

Search area is vast - I think Malaysian assets are deployed at the northern end of the southern corridor. I think even here, there are Indonesian vessels and aircraft searching. And a US Navy P-3 is flying out of Subang too...

Surely its not too much to ask for one or two Malaysian registered aircrafts to be part of the SAR there?It is our aircraft those people are looking for!

It would be good for morale of the SAR teams for that part of the southern corridor .Verifying those satellites images has been proven difficult to verify every little helps.IMHO.I sure love to see Uncle Najibs VIP transport leading the way :rolleyes:

From what I got on the news, Chinese sent their aircraft with radars and all high-tech equipment. I don't think Malaysia have the same capability. Plus, Australia took over the operations and they have everything covered.

Surely its not too much to ask for one or two Malaysian registered aircrafts to be part of the SAR there?It is our aircraft those people are looking for!

It would be good for morale of the SAR teams for that part of the southern corridor .Verifying those satellites images has been proven difficult to verify every little helps.IMHO.I sure love to see Uncle Najibs VIP transport leading the way :rolleyes:

Too many cooks, spoil the soup - especially incompetent ones! ;)

Southern search for MH370 picks up despite possible rain

Ten aircraft have been deployed in the search for a lost Malaysia Airlines 777-200 today, while analysis of the aircraft’s last Aircraft Communication Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS) transmission shows that Beijing was still the aircraft’s programmed destination 15 minutes before its transponder fell silent.
The Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) says the ten aircraft are a mixture of military and civilian assets, including two Chinese Ilyushin IL-76s, Bombardier Global Express aircraft, Lockheed Martin AP-3C Orions, and a US Navy P-8 Poseidon.
The search area for 24 March is to the east of previous search zones, according to an illustration published by AMSA. Located 1,970km from Perth, the zone should allow for aircraft to spend more time on station owing to a shorter transit time. Previously, aircraft were required to travel about 2,300km to reach the search area.

If the Malaysian govt really is delaying and refusing to give the cargo manifest then it must be hiding something or some cargo details. As said the RMAS primary radar that supposedly recorded the blip and did nothing abt it is really a big security risk to the country and to that of our neighbouring countries too. In the first place how can the RMAF say its "not hostile" when it may not even have known passes through its airspace too! And what we heard from the acting transport minister who is also the defence minister as replying to foreign media that Malaysia's submarines are Not equipped with active n passive sonars??? How come submarines are not equipped with such or more sophisticated radars then how is it to prevent or be defensive??

Just saw on the news, the DCA guy was all smiled because they found the possible debris. At least show some sympathy, it's a good news for some but not for the family. He really needs to go soon.

CNN just reported people are getting frustrated since press conference reveal no new update. A scenario depicts a inefficient government........