MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

I get the impression that Vietnamese already scoured their areas and found nothing. Hence they scaled down their operation unless Malaysia asked for their help to look at other places.

Yes or no! Is all we want to hear from the air force, if the aircraft actually flew over their controlled zone. In this case would be Gong Badak and Butterworth bases.What about southern Thailand surely they have their own radar coverage too.(military/civilian)

Edited by Phil M.

The fishermen were able to tie the life raft to their boats to prevent it from sinking ... but the MMEA lost it as it sank to the bottom when they were trying to load it onto their vessel.

What an irony! Hope the MMEA retrieves it and let experts have their take on it.

There is a story circulating on the internet pointing to relatives of passengers from MH370 being wrongly sent to India while transiting Hong Kong ... it sounds ridiculous and does anyone know if this is true. I personally hope this is again one more of a long string of untruths in cyberspace.

KC Sim

I sincerely hope they learn many many lessons out of this when the dust finally settles. Areas such as Crisis Management, NOK, Media, rumours... etc etc etc.

Thats is without a doubt!If they cant and not sure appoint a knowledgeable spokesperson.Trust and creditability is the most element when u communicate to the world.The second u hesitate and not sure of what u saying ,the result will be what is going on.I never once doubt the people that comes on all the PCss , just that their poor communication is not very assuring and comforting .

MH370 last message was revealed as "Alright, good night" before switching to Vietnamese airspace controller.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/mh370-pilots-last-words-revealed-as-search-area-for-missing-malaysia-airlines-plane-widens/story-fnizu68q-1226851991393

Its pilot Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah, 53, told the Subang Airport ground control "Okay, roger. Good day" when he acknowledged receipt of the communication code for the plane's tracking, before the flight came under Ho Chi Minh City air traffic control.

Which one is correct.

The fishermen were able to tie the life raft to their boats to prevent it from sinking ... but the MMEA lost it as it sank to the bottom when they were trying to load it onto their vessel.

What an irony! Hope the MMEA retrieves it and let experts have their take on it.

There is a story circulating on the internet pointing to relatives of passengers from MH370 being wrongly sent to India while transiting Hong Kong ... it sounds ridiculous and does anyone know if this is true. I personally hope this is again one more of a long string of untruths in cyberspace.

KC Sim

what the...! How incompetence one can be ?

And if the story of the kins being flown by the authority to eslewhere instead into Malaysia, then its a big blunder indeed.

I personally don't think the transfer to India part is real because there is direct Beijing- Kuala Lumpur flight. Why would MH management want them to do transfer flight? However, the first part of the video which the victims' families threw bottles at MH management staff was real. Ignatius Ong, the CEO of FY was hit. Dr Hugh Dunleavy, Director of Commercial was present as well.

Back home, news reported too that Malaysian kins were upset with the authority's lateness to update them on the situation.

The kins' tiredness, anguish, anxiety and feeling of helplessness will all turn into frustrations and feeling of anger.

Whether there's any concrete news or not, to update the kins on the SAR search would suffice to calm them.

Live telecast of the search, or periodical updates will not only assure the kins but also keep them aware by minute to minute event or every hourly.

If we can do live coverage for the GE13, why not this time? Nothing to hide. Reporters can stream in info, with briefings, aerial video and photos.

Edited by Cire

Tomnod6060200percentMikeSeberger-3189824

CNN PRODUCER NOTE MikeSeberger said he read an article about DigitalGlobe's crowdsourced search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 and decided to help out. He said he saw this image very quickly after he started looking at sections of the map. "At first, I skipped past it, thinking, 'Nah. No way I would find anything THAT quickly,' he said. "But then I kept scrolling back to it and thinking to myself, 'It DOES resemble a plane.'"
He said he couldn't tell what section of the map he was looking at, but he flagged it so someone else could take a look. He didn't see anything else that looked unusual.
Seberger said he thinks it's unlikely that this image shows the missing plane and assumes that he proably saw a ship that was in the area.
You can read more about the search on CNN.com.

- davidw, CNN iReport producer

KC Sim

When you expect them to get something done right. I mean the life raft. I would have thought the MMEA should have the right tool to get the job done, after the fisherman managed to tie it to their boat. FISHERMAN 1 MMEA 0 :(

DAMN!

Tomnod6060200percentMikeSeberger-3189824

CNN PRODUCER NOTE MikeSeberger said he read an article about DigitalGlobe's crowdsourced search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 and decided to help out. He said he saw this image very quickly after he started looking at sections of the map. "At first, I skipped past it, thinking, 'Nah. No way I would find anything THAT quickly,' he said. "But then I kept scrolling back to it and thinking to myself, 'It DOES resemble a plane.'"

He said he couldn't tell what section of the map he was looking at, but he flagged it so someone else could take a look. He didn't see anything else that looked unusual.

Seberger said he thinks it's unlikely that this image shows the missing plane and assumes that he proably saw a ship that was in the area.

You can read more about the search on CNN.com.

- davidw, CNN iReport producer

Seriously...!!??? The plane intact..?

Edited by Cire

Read in one of the forums that it's a mother whale with her calf by her side. Possible?

Not possible I think. The longest ever recorded blue whale was 110ft long - this object is much longer than that.

I think the need for some family members to transfer at Hong Kong is due to the fact that not all the Chinese passengers are from Beijing ... but are actually from less well connected parts of China where there are no direct flights to KUL.

KC Sim

Its going to be hard everyone. No amount of words can console them. Just be there, and ensure they eat and rest well. That's all we can do.

On another note, can we discard the "strong" statements from villagers who claims to have seen and heard the loud noise "like the plane's fan" flying overhead them?

Some also swore they have seen the blinkers on the plane as it flew past way abnormaly low.

Will it be too much of a cost to simulate the flight from KLIA with a trip7 or similar plane, and fly out the route and level that the villagers said they have witnessed?

To have cruised at 35K ft.and swooped low below radar assumingly in within 4 minutes,how far would the plane need to fly steeply or performed a sharp attack angle that would not jeopardise the plane and yet let it flew low and level to evade radar contact?

Can't help it but the sightings apparently suggested that the plane is hijacked and flown to some remote island and currently the passengers are being transferred to secured areas to effect a ransom demand later on. Plausible scenario at the moment.

Edited by Cire