MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

DCA Director : "5 pax offloaded due to no show"

Police : "Only one pax been offloaded"

MH official confirm only 4 pax been offloaded for MH370.

Which is true? Or its based on how many pax checked in and how many pax purchased the ticket?

Am confused, and pray hard for fast finding.

Let's play a game, how long do you think the army will retract the statement that they had traced MH370 to Straits of Malacca?? Let's place a bet.

Just now, the IGP contradicted his statement with DCA of the 5 pax whose luggages were offloaded. The IGP said all went onboard........hmm.......we are looking at a circus show.......what's next, musical chairs??

What a mess.. and it sure is becoming a circus show. They can't even get their facts right. I feel so sad for the families... is this what they really want to see?!

Edited by eddy liew

So far:

1. Home minister and (acting) Transport minister differ in opinion whether fake passport imposters have Asian features - good thing is pics of two said imposters have now been circulated online, so we can make our own judgement (imho neither of them look remotely like Balotelli)

2. IGP says five pax did not turn up and luggage were offloaded, with some report even going so far as to indicate said luggage was clean - that is, until airline clarified said pax never even checked in, so issue of offloaded luggage is a crock pot of bull irrelevant

3. Air Force top gun apparently quoted by a local news entity as saying the military knew the 'missing' plane went as far as the other side of the Malay Peninsula - only that the chap is now about to tell the world he said no such thing (to be fair, he has not done so yet)

Just in case if you're wondering why the next of kins are anxious .......

Edited by BC Tam

from the UK Telegraph. So whats going on?

Where did it go missing? Flight MH370 from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing departed at 12.41am on Saturday March 8. After that, what happened is not clear. Until Tuesday, the last known location was above the Gulf of Thailand, roughly 40 minutes into its journey.

But now the Malaysian Air Force say its radars tracked the plane as it turned West and headed back across Malaysia and into the Strait of Malacca, where it was last seen at 30,000ft at 2.40am above the small island of Pulau Perak.

12.07 Malaysia’s Berita Harian newspaper quoted air force chief Rodzali Daud as saying the missing plane was last detected by military radar at 2:40 a.m. on Saturday, near the island of Pulau Perak at the northern end of the Strait of Malacca.

The time given by Rodzali was an hour and 10 minutes after the plane vanished from air traffic control screens over Igari waypoint, midway between Malaysia and Vietnam.

11.07 "It changed course after Kota Bharu and took a lower altitude. It made it into the Malacca Strait," the military official, who has been briefed on investigations, told Reuters.

Azharuddin Abdul Rahman, Malaysian civil aviation chief, said earlier that the widened search includes northern parts of the Malacca Strait, on the opposite side of the Malay Peninsula and far west of the plane's last known location. Mr Azharuddin would not explain why crews were searching there, saying rather cryptically, "There are some things that I can tell you and some things that I can't."

There will be lessons to be learnt when all is said and done, on how to handle crisis. Whether we as a country are cognizant AND humble enough to accept and learn and is another thing. I can only hope we do. For now, there's 239 people that need finding, and 239 families that need reuniting. Mau Gaduh, besok sajalah.

What actually the people want is some assurance from the authorities eg..background checked and found to be just ordinary folks etc. Not trying to be defensive saying that their bags have been removed in accordance to aviation security protocol etc etc..

Folks need to know whether these people have anything to do with the disappearance of the aircraft or not.

And now, IGP say they are on board. So, why was it mentioned that they did not go on board etc.? What prompted this statement?

This is exactly the problem when we have the media are just there to sensationalise stories rather than reporting facts ....I've heard my fair share of the PC and I've seen some deviation from official MAS press release inside the news as well not to mention unconfirmed statements suddenly show up as "official" or "confirmed" statements....

I don't think there's contradicting statements from the officials....they're just quoting the same thing I'm different ways yes there were 5 person who initially bought the ticket for the flight but did not go on board as said by the DCA chief initially though he should have stressed that what he meant by offloading the baggage are standard procedure by airlines when people don't show up at the gates....and yes MAS statement that only four person did not go on board is also correct as the IGP mentioned that 1 pax who initially booked the flight changed the ticket and yes the IGP statement is also correct that all who checked in was on board the flight since MAS already clarified that the 4 pax who missed the flight did not even check in thus in line with the IGPs statement that all pax who checked in/have boarding pass were on board the plane....

So far since all of these started I haven't seen 1 clarification/correction (yes not even 1) issued by the media whenever the officials clarified their statements...that's just plain irresponsible...simple as that!

12.07 Malaysia’s Berita Harian newspaper quoted air force chief Rodzali Daud as saying the missing plane was last detected by military radar at 2:40 a.m. on Saturday, near the island of Pulau Perak at the northern end of the Strait of Malacca.

The time given by Rodzali was an hour and 10 minutes after the plane vanished from air traffic control screens over Igari waypoint, midway between Malaysia and Vietnam.

11.07 "It changed course after Kota Bharu and took a lower altitude. It made it into the Malacca Strait," the military official, who has been briefed on investigations, told Reuters.

There is nothing secret or sensitive that RMAF could track 772 size aircraft over the peninsular. If MH370 was last detected over Pulau Perak means resources spent by the international SAR exercise in South China was a waste, the gomen didn't give people onboard MH370 or their family any realistic consideration and give rise to cover up like Altantuyaa case.

It's sensitive from the MIL side.

There is nothing secret or sensitive that RMAF could track 772 size aircraft over the peninsular. If MH370 was last detected over Pulau Perak means resources spent by the international SAR exercise in South China was a waste, the gomen didn't give people onboard MH370 or their family any realistic consideration and give rise to cover up like Altantuyaa case.

I am gonna end today with this simple request.

We would like to see:

1. The list of passengers who bought air ticket [whether with legitimate passport or without]
  2. The list of passengers who did check-in, have luggages checked-in AND issued boarding pass
  3. The list of passengers who REALLY board MH370 at the end

Will it be too much to ask for? I don't know....................Peace out.......................

It's all so confusing, can't they just assign just ONE spokesperson on behalf of all the incompetent agencies as an outlet to the press? Seriously with multiple mouths spewing garbage it's doing many people's head in.

Tuesday, March 11, 11:30 PM MYT +0800 Malaysia Airlines MH370 Flight Incident - 13th Media Statement

Malaysia Airlines has become aware of the allegations being made against First Officer, Fariq Ab Hamid which we take very seriously. We are shocked by these allegations.

We have not been able to confirm the validity of the pictures and videos of the alleged incident. As you are aware, we are in the midst of a crisis, and we do not want our attention to be diverted.

We also urge the media and general public to respect the privacy of the families of our colleagues and passengers. It has been a difficult time for them.

The welfare of both the crew and passenger’s families remain our focus. At the same time, the security and safety of our passengers is of the utmost importance to us.

Edited by Isaac

Malaysia is handling MH370 incompetently
By David Learmount | 11 March 2014 Tuesday

It’s bad enough for a widebody jet to go missing with 239 people on board, but then for the responsible country’s government and aviation agencies to handle the associated information with total incompetence is unforgivable. China, which may have lost more of its nationals on board than any other single country, certainly thinks so.

This Boeing 777, if the uncoordinated information released by Malaysia is to be believed – and maybe it isn’t – was last seen offshore from Malaysia within primary and secondary radar range. Air traffic control uses secondary radar, which interrogates transponders on board aircraft and gets an identified signal in response. If the signal disappears it could either be because the aircraft itself has had an accident, or because the crew has turned the transponder off.

The terrorists that hijacked the four American airliners on 9/11 (2001) turned off their transponders once they had taken charge of the aircraft, so they were lost to ATC, but the military could still see them on primary radar, and at that time there was no provision for direct communication between the military and the civil ATC to establish what was going on.

There is now.

The Malaysian military has primary radar to provide surveillance of surface and airborne activity off its coasts and borders. It clearly knew more about what happened to MH370 than any other Malaysian agency, but the authorities do not seem to have tapped into this expertise, and the military may have been slow to volunteer it.

There are so many information sources that do not appear to have been used effectively in this case. As a result the families of the missing passengers and crew are being kept in the dark, and the search areas now extended to both sides of the peninsula have become so wide that it is clear that tracking information on the aircraft has not been used effectively.

Nothing has been said about the 777′s ACARS system (airborne communications & addressing system), a datalink that provides technical information about the health of aircraft systems to Malaysian Airlines’ base. In the 2009 Air France 447 loss case, just before the fatal sequence of events an ACARS transmission told AF’s base that an airspeed sensor disagreement had caused the autopilot to trip out. That information was made public.

If MH370 was lost to civil radar screens because the transponder had been switched off, it raises questions as to why that would be so. If the military, who now report that the aircraft turned off its northerly track and headed west, descended and flew across the peninsula, saw that happen, why has the information taken so long to be released?

There is an all-pervasive sense of a chaotic lack of coordination between the Malaysian agencies which has hindered the establishment of an effective search strategy.

Meanwhile the failure to provide timely information when simple facts have been established shows a total lack of consideration for the families of those who are missing.

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/learmount/2014/03/malaysia-handling-mh370-incompetently/#

Edited by xtemujin

Wasn't there 1 Russian passenger who was denied boarding due to "fake" passport?

If so it could have been a case of confusion between the no-shows & the denied boarding, causing them to be lumped all into one.

OFFICIAL STATEMENT BY CHIEF OF ROYAL MALAYSIAN AIR FORCE ON

BERITA HARIAN NEWS ARTICLE DATED 11th MARCH 2014 ON SEARCH AND RESCUE OPERATIONS IN THE STRAITS OF MALACCA

1. I refer to the Berita Harian news article dated 11th March 2014 on Search and Rescue Operations in the Straits of Malacca which (in Bahasa Malaysia) referred to me as making the following statements:

The RMAF Chief confirmed that RMAF Butterworth airbase detected the location signal of the airliner as indicating that it turned back from its original heading to the direction of Kota Bahru, Kelantan, and was believed to have pass through the airspace of the East Coast of and Northern Peninsular Malaysia.

The last time the plane was detected by the air control tower was in the vicinity of Pulau Perak in the Straits of Malacca at 2.40 in the morning before the signal disappeared without any trace, he said.

2. I wish to state that I did not make any such statements as above, what occurred was that the Berita Harian journalist asked me if such an incident occurred as detailed in their story, however I did not give any answer to the question, instead what I said to the journalist was Please refer to the statement which I have already made on 9 March 2014, during the press conference with the Chief of Defence Force at the Sama-Sama Hotel, Kuala Lumpur International Airport.

3. What I stated during that press conference was,

The RMAF has not ruled out the possibility of an air turn back on a reciprocal heading before the aircraft vanished from the radar and this resulted in the Search and Rescue Operations being widen to the vicinity of the waters of Pulau Pinang.

4. I request this misreporting be amended and corrected to prevent further misinterpretations of what is clearly an inaccurate and incorrect report.

5. Currently the RMAF is examining and analyzing all possibilities as regards to the airliners flight paths subsequent to its disappearance. However for the time being, it would not be appropriate for the RMAF to issue any official conclusions as to the aircrafts flight path until a high amount of certainty and verification is achieved. However all ongoing search operations are at the moment being conducted to cover all possible areas where the aircraft could have gone down in order to ensure no possibility is overlooked.

6. In addition, I would like to state to the media that all information and developments will be released via official statements and press conferences as soon as possible and when appropriate. Our current efforts are focused upon on finding the aircraft as soon as possible.

Thank You

GENERAL TAN SRI DATOSRI RODZALI BIN DAUD RMAF

Chief of Royal Malaysian Air Force

Released On:

11 March 14

Kuala Lumpur

http://t.co/Nt04dwkDRT

Edited by xtemujin

I expected that for sure...

I mean seriously... Berita harian.... Coming up with credible news......

What a joke

It's probably a case of misinterpretation during a moment of high pressure for the journalist causing them to hear what they want. Same thing for Balotelli-Gate.

It's probably a case of misinterpretation during a moment of high pressure for the journalist causing them to hear what they want. Same thing for Balotelli-Gate.

I won't even call it misinterpretation, it's simply bad journalism. I can understand Berita Harian, but Reuters and other international news agencies doesn't seem to bother to even check the accuracy of the story before publishing it...talk about being irresponsible...pretty sure none of then would pick up this clarification later...

this is just like when the media reported that the Vietnamese navy had detected the wreckage of MH370 earlier only to be denied later..

Generally the news agencies share notes, and in this case since we are the host I can understand that they will "copy" whatever the local newsmen's interpretation.

Still this reminds me why I don't read local papers any more, like Berita Hairan.

Experts Say Black Boxes From The Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane Will Turn Up Soon
By Alex Davies | 11 March 2014 Tuesday | 11:22 AM

A Malaysia Airlines that took off with more than 200 people on board has been missing for nearly three days, and a massive search of the South China Sea has turned up nothing conclusive.

While lots of theories on what happened have been floated, we won’t have any good answers until officials get their hands on the plane’s “black boxes” — the flight data recorder (FDR) and cockpit voice recorder (CVR).

This disappearance brings back memories of Air France flight 447, which went missing over the Atlantic Ocean in June 2009. It was five days before any debris was found, and nearly two years before the FDR and CVR were found.

Fortunately, there’s no reason to think the search will take so long this time around.

The flight data recorder and the cockpit voice recorder in the Boeing 777-200ER are each mounted with an underwater locator beacon. When water hits the beacon, it automatically starts transmitting a signal, said Anish Patel, president of Radiant Power Corp., a subsidiary of aerospace supplier HEICO Corporation, which produced the Dukane DK120 underwater locator beacon used on many aircraft.

Patel was not sure who made the beacons on the missing Boeing 777-200ER, but said, “it’s a high probability that it’s ours.” Boeing would not comment on any aspect of the situation, except to say it “will join the U.S. National Transportation Safety Board team as a technical advisor.”

Once active, the Dukane DK120 emits a pulse once a second that can be detected by sonar equipment up to two nautical miles away. The beacon works at a depth of 20,000 feet — far deeper than the waters where officials believe the Malaysian plane went down.

It’s made to stay active for at least 30 days, per an FAA requirement, but may last a few days longer than that, depending on when it was made.

Lawrence Stone, chief scientist at Metron Scientific Solutions, says the beacons weren’t found after the Air France crash because they didn’t function properly. Metron, a consulting company, was hired by the French Bureau of Enquiry and Analysis for Civil Aviation Safety (BEA) to help find the wreckage after early efforts failed.

The team found both black boxes but only one beacon, which didn’t work when hooked up to a battery, Stone said in an interview, noting “those things are pretty hardy.” Patel told Business Insider the beacons are built to meet regulatory standards, and have “proved reliable in other recovery operations.”

Both men said that finding the beacons from the Malaysia plane should be much easier. The water in the search area is much shallower than that in the south Atlantic, and the area is more accessible. Asked if he’s surprised the Malaysia search has turned up nothing so far, Patel said no. “It’s a big ocean.”

Stone said, “if the pingers are working, it should be an easy search.”

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/malaysia...ck-boxes-2014-3

Edited by xtemujin

A very interesting theory of what could have happened:

"It’s plausible that a fuselage section near the SATCOM antenna adapter failed, disabling satellite based - GPS, ACARS, and ADS-B/C - communications, and leading to a slow decompression that left all occupants unconscious. If such decompression left the aircraft intact, then the autopilot would have flown the planned route or otherwise maintained its heading/altitude until fuel exhaustion. A slow decompression (e.g. from a golfball-sized hole) would have gradually impaired and confused the pilots before cabin altitude (pressure) warnings sounded.

http://mh370lost.tumblr.com/?og=1

Noted that the emergency beacons on AF447 didn't work. What sort of maintenance that the airliners need to do to keep the black boxes and emergency beacons in order? Send it to the manufacturer/maintenance company like our fire extinguishers?

And today is day 5... :(

Edited by Waiping