MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

It seems like heading to our friend's land at north...

Interesting reading abt this

U-Tapao Royal Thai Navy Airfield

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U-Tapao_Royal_Thai_Navy_Airfield

#Vietnam War #widebodiescapable

(speculative) - ECM jamming device switched on, and the airplane made to fly below radar scope and out of range and force ditched somewhere? The last pilot who communicated with MH370 reported that there were interference (ECM jamming?) and back ground mumbling (hijackers ?) when he spoke to the co-pilot (he is sure it was).

Is this likely?

Edited by Cire

Outlandish is an understatement. If you wanted to do it, you'd try to seize control very quickly after take off, especially from a 32L/R departure. To find the thing at night, without proper training, to me is still like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I'm doubtful.

just curious. anyone knows which runway did flight 370 take off from?

Edited by Chengxuan Boo

Thought I read somewhere is 32R.

The search for Malaysian Airlines MH307 plane has been expanded to Sumatran waters, north of Straits of Malacca, as military radar may have detected the missing plane in the vicinity of Pulau Perak.

ea70daf8e432dde96f8d8e1db8d6165f.jpg

The search for Malaysian Airlines MH307 plane has been expanded to Sumatran waters, north of Straits of Malacca, as military radar may have detected the missing plane in the vicinity of Pulau Perak.

we had one NURI down in Pulau Perak a few months ago methinks....

Not much was written about the cabin crews beside the tech staffs. I think they too deserves some recognitions.

I suddenly recalled now that I was on a flight where the MH370 Chief steward - Mr.Andrew Nari was on duty.

I remembered him because he has the father-ly care demeanour and his mat-salleh-like facial feature. I remembered him advising a young parent seated in front me how to keep their infant warm and comfortable during cabin pressurizing, how to hook the bassinet, and how not to feed the baby too much etc.

And without being asked, he offered the empty seats at the tail section of the plane to me and my colleagues when he saw us cramped in a 3-abrest 747 seats.

Good man.

What is more that the military is not telling? Why at this stage only the information is deluged? Won't this frustrates a lot of people and heighten ones' perception that the Government is trying to hide something from the public? Or is it competency of the DCA at its height now?

North Sumatra..? If the plane is trying to return to Subang, it sure have deviated far. Plane flying blind?

(speculative) - ECM jamming device switched on, and the airplane made to fly below radar scope and out of range and force ditched somewhere? The last pilot who communicated with MH370 reported that there were interference (ECM jamming?) and back ground mumbling (hijackers ?) when he spoke to the co-pilot (he is sure it was).

Is this likely?

Other news porter reported that cell phones ringing and QQ chat status "active" .. ?? Kins swore that their calls got through to the passengers, but no one picked up.

Triangulation of the calls will help determine the location of the phone/plane, suggested by the kins. MAS reps failed to connect the calls however.

Edited by Cire

A question on the two pax with stolen passport. Apparently they purchased the tickets in Thailand for flight originating from Malaysia.

I tried to book a one way ticket depart from KUL before via travel agencies in Australia (not one but three travel agencies incl flight centre) and was told not possible. I was told it is not possible to purchase ticket not originating from Australia in Australia. Is this the case or just for travel agencies in oz only ? I know I can purchase it online though

Perhaps it's time to consider the larger South China Sea area, east of Vietnam / Peninsula Malaysia.

The possibility of the aircraft somehow straying west unnoticed across Northern Malaysia and/or Southern Thailand in the middle of the night and ending up in either the Straits of Malacca, the Andaman or worst case, the fringes of the Indian Ocean cannot be discounted. However, that's a fair bit of radar environment to escape. The Andaman and Straits of Malacca are also busy shipping lanes and aren't too far from many coastal settlements in Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia and even Myanmar if you want to expand the scope.

As I mentioned, though the probability is low, it cannot be discounted.

But having said that, if the aircraft can stray west, it can also stray east. And east means deep into the South China Sea. A huge part of the South China Sea is beyond the reach of either Ho Chi Minh, Lumpur or Singapore radars. Of course all 3 FIRs provided datalink services. But assuming then, that somehow the CPDLC, ADS, ACARS, or anything remotely capable of transmitting anything from the aircraft all failed or were cut off from the aircraft, it takes a 777 less than an hour to stray into the non-radar environment region of the South China Sea from IGARI. And with an estimated 6 to 7 hours of endurance left, it had more than enough fuel to go seriously very far east.

That is a much larger area to search, several times bigger than the combined size of the current search areas. The current search areas are relatively shallow, reportedly no more than 100m in depth. But further east, the South China Sea seaboard terrain gets extremely steep, and you're looking at depths of up to 4km here.

The authorities have announced that they are expanding their search further east of IGARI. If they can't find clues within this expanded area east of IGARI and have to go much further east into the region I mentioned, then I think the scale of the SAR operations would have to be increased massively from the already huge number of assets we see being deployed. And this would potentially mean a very, very long wait.

I hope it doesn't get to that stage, and clues will be found within the current area of operations.

That was the rational side of me.

The irrational side of me wants to believe that no news is still somewhat better than bad news.

May they be still be waiting out there, somewhere, somehow.

Why not consider if the plane had gone Eastern... into Indonesia waters near the Natunas... Does the Indonesian have any radar there? TNU-AU does have a forward operation base at Natuna Island right?

Spy satellites find no evidence of explosion

Also raising doubts about the possibility of an attack is that the United States extensively reviewed imagery taken by spy satellites for evidence of a mid-air explosion, but saw none, a US government source said.

Sensationalism reporting at its best. I was not aware that Channel 9 can stoop to such low level. For someone who declared to have "the time of my life" for TWO weeks in Phuket, I would take that with a bucketful of salt.

It was reported on Adelaidenow as well. I can't tell much about First Officer. But during his time at MRSM Taiping, I remember him as one of the top students in his class.

Edited by Johan Z

In such a crisis and disaster, to smear a person's integrity, when he does not have the ability to defend the accusations (at least for now) is totally unjust

In such a crisis and disaster, to smear a person's integrity, when he does not have the ability to defend the accusations (at least for now) is totally unjust

All in the name of cockpit security. I hope the captain on the then flight can explain the whole thing.

Do you think Airforce/Military/Gov is holding back alot?

I mean what justifies the plane being detected at Pulau Perak

Our air force trying to test some cloaking device on MH370?

In the late morning press release (11th media statement) by MH today, the following was stated: "[...] The authorities are looking at a possibility of an attempt made by MH370 to turn back to Subang."

Now, given that the flight originated from KLIA - why the "turn back" to Subang if it did not even originate from there? - You cannot return to a place which you did not originate from in the first place.

Secondly, if that is just a poor choice of words, then why "Subang"? Is there anything in the SOP which suggests/ recommends that tech crew are to head to Subang/ SZB instead of KUL (if possible) if there is a threat onboard (so as not to disrupt normal, relatively busier traffic at KUL)?

Thirdly, am I just over-analysing the PR?

On a separate topic, what do you guys and gals make out of the story today that military primary radar detected the aircraft as far west as Pulau Perak? Why only today?

Was it because TUDM needed time to analyse some raw data?

Or it was simply a case of the "lights are on but nobody's home"? i.e. nobody is really manning the screens as there are no known threats...or somebody was supposed to be manning the screens but didn't/ felt asleep/ spend time in the loo due to diarrhea/ was busy updating one's FB etc?

Or the TUDM couldnt come clean earlier as it would reveal their operational capacity/ readiness (or lack of) or a patchy coverage?

I've sat in a Firefly F-50 cockpit whose Captain smoked in the cockpit. Smoking is illegal in anywhere in the aircraft, right?

KLIA - Igari (South China Seas) - Subang airport - Pulau Perak

How to make sense of this? :sorry:

Flying below radar, and presumely no navigation aid and flying instruments, it continue to veer aimlessly until it ditches somewhere.

But then, if all electronic system fail (even RAT deployed), cockpit crew would still have analog instruments like air speed,compass, and height meters to aid in flying.

Smoking in MH cockpit is quite common.

Inviting blonde girls to the cockpit is also not unusual - one of my colleagues once told me that she got invited up to the cockpit a few times already - I did not believe her with all the security and all that, but once I traveled with her and then it happened, the captain spoke to her while in the pax lounge and then a steward came to fetch her before pushback... It was on one of the major European carriers...