MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

I wonder if there is a posibility that the so called aircraft missing news covered in media is part of a diversion from an ongoing situation.....ie the plane was hijacked and landed in an undisclosed military controlled air base and efforts are being made to secure the passengers and crew.........

I think its unlikely. Radar indicated that the plane was at cruising height when it disappear off the scope. If the cockpit switches off its transponders, the plane would still be registered as a dot on the scope. Falling below radar scope would take at least 4 minutes or so from that height (as reported), and radar will show abnormality like a stationery dot until it disappear.

On why the ACAR did not transmit, my theory is that the only possibility is a catastrophy of a big explosion have occurred.So rapid and intense that it severed all electrical power at almost an instant, thus disabling any messages being broadcasted out.

How far could the debris have fallen or blown away, perhaps some experts out there could give an estimate - based on last radar contact, height, speed of travel, and also headwind (as reported in the news).

I wonder if there is a posibility that the so called aircraft missing news covered in media is part of a diversion from an ongoing situation.....ie the plane was hijacked and landed in an undisclosed military controlled air base and efforts are being made to secure the passengers and crew.........

This is not far from what was suggested by Rupert Murdoch

1508040_10152277341279168_238339576_n.jp

False flag maybe?

This is not far from what was suggested by Rupert Murdoch

1508040_10152277341279168_238339576_n.jp

False flag maybe?

"CONFIRMS"...Rupert is the only one out there who publicly makes it known what he knows???

"CONFIRMS"...Rupert is the only one out there who publicly makes it known what he knows???

Doubt this came from the rupert Murdoch.

If you trawl through the Net, there are some "interesting" (outlandish) theories out there...one of it is that the turnback is go and aim for the twin towers...

If you trawl through the Net, there are some "interesting" (outlandish) theories out there...one of it is that the turnback is go and aim for the twin towers...

hmm but it kinda makes no sense for terrorist to attack Malaysia doesn't it?

Outlandish is an understatement. If you wanted to do it, you'd try to seize control very quickly after take off, especially from a 32L/R departure. To find the thing at night, without proper training, to me is still like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I'm doubtful.

hmm but it kinda makes no sense for terrorist to attack Malaysia doesn't it?

You never know, I rather not speculate here. But, there's possibility from certain groups.

You never know, I rather not speculate here. But, there's possibility from certain groups.

I know.. but if you think about it.. its a night flight.. hitting Twin Towers at night would have less impact vs hitting Twin Towers during daylight when there are more people around..

That would be somewhat a "happy ending" for the family knowing their loved ones still alive. However, if it was held by the terrorists, what would they do to the passenger they hold for ransom? Don't forget they will still need to feed them and keep them alive. I think the terrorists would be demanding something by now, especially if it is aimed towards the Chinese government.

[...] , you'd try to seize control very quickly after take off, [...]

They cant do that...seatbelt signs would still be on....nanti crew marah kalau bangun masa tu...

hence, the outlandish label on such stories...appearing on the online versions of tabloids from far away lands.

Time for the authority to try the unorthodox way to search for the aircraft? Go where everyone else is not going.

Think out of the box. Now it is the time to search areas where it was impossible for the plane to ditch earlier, but now may have some hints.

Can't help thinking on why Vietnam does not allow international SAR to go into its airspace. Their assets are quite limited as compared with the sea armada and air fleet now.

In time like this, political stand should not stand in the way. Malaysia should continue to request for cooperations from Vietnam government to let the SAR go into certain sector of its southern sea border to conduct a SAR.

From the latest statement:

"The search and rescue teams have expanded the scope beyond the flight path. The focus now is on the West Peninsular of Malaysia at the Straits of Malacca. The authorities are looking at a possibility of an attempt made by MH370 to turn back to Subang"

Im struggling to understand how it could be possible for a 777 to turn back and fly across Malaysia unnoticed.

From the latest statement:

Im struggling to understand how it could be possible for a 777 to turn back and fly across Malaysia unnoticed.

Because it didn't. :)

In any mystery, sometimes the most obvious solution is the most likely.

Could have flown across Thai territory instead ?

I remain unconvinced neither Malaysian, Thai nor Vietnamese military radars cannot pin point (or at very least scale down considerably) the probable area where the dot on screen dissapeared

I agree. For the plane to go down in the straits of Malacca - one of the busiest and densest lanes in the world, is the same thing as having a truck catch fire on the Federal Highway in the middle lane at 6pm on a weekday and nobody saw it.

Did MH370 turn back towards Subang?

| 12:19PM Mar 11, 2014

As the search continues for the missing aircraft, authorities are now looking into the possibility that MH370 attempted to turn back in the direction of Subang airport.

In a statement, MAS said the search and rescue teams have expanded the scope beyond the flight path.

"The focus now is on the West Peninsular of Malaysia at the Straits of Malacca.

http://m.malaysiakini.com/news/256717

The plot is getting more bizzare and they have no idea where to look.

I think its unlikely. Radar indicated that the plane was at cruising height when it disappear off the scope. If the cockpit switches off its transponders, the plane would still be registered as a dot on the scope. Falling below radar scope would take at least 4 minutes or so from that height (as reported), and radar will show abnormality like a stationery dot until it disappear.

On why the ACAR did not transmit, my theory is that the only possibility is a catastrophy of a big explosion have occurred.So rapid and intense that it severed all electrical power at almost an instant, thus disabling any messages being broadcasted out.

How far could the debris have fallen or blown away, perhaps some experts out there could give an estimate - based on last radar contact, height, speed of travel, and also headwind (as reported in the news).

According to the Americans apparently they have some monitoring "satellites" able to detect explosion, and so far there is none. The lack of debris over a large area (if the plane exploded at 35000ft) may have supported this claim.

Yes, since 9/11 US has used a spy global satellites (I don't remember the actual name) to detect any flare occurred worldwide. They didn't detect anything.

Perhaps it's time to consider the larger South China Sea area, east of Vietnam / Peninsula Malaysia.

The possibility of the aircraft somehow straying west unnoticed across Northern Malaysia and/or Southern Thailand in the middle of the night and ending up in either the Straits of Malacca, the Andaman or worst case, the fringes of the Indian Ocean cannot be discounted. However, that's a fair bit of radar environment to escape. The Andaman and Straits of Malacca are also busy shipping lanes and aren't too far from many coastal settlements in Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia and even Myanmar if you want to expand the scope.

As I mentioned, though the probability is low, it cannot be discounted.

But having said that, if the aircraft can stray west, it can also stray east. And east means deep into the South China Sea. A huge part of the South China Sea is beyond the reach of either Ho Chi Minh, Lumpur or Singapore radars. Of course all 3 FIRs provided datalink services. But assuming then, that somehow the CPDLC, ADS, ACARS, or anything remotely capable of transmitting anything from the aircraft all failed or were cut off from the aircraft, it takes a 777 less than an hour to stray into the non-radar environment region of the South China Sea from IGARI. And with an estimated 6 to 7 hours of endurance left, it had more than enough fuel to go seriously very far east.

That is a much larger area to search, several times bigger than the combined size of the current search areas. The current search areas are relatively shallow, reportedly no more than 100m in depth. But further east, the South China Sea seaboard terrain gets extremely steep, and you're looking at depths of up to 4km here.

The authorities have announced that they are expanding their search further east of IGARI. If they can't find clues within this expanded area east of IGARI and have to go much further east into the region I mentioned, then I think the scale of the SAR operations would have to be increased massively from the already huge number of assets we see being deployed. And this would potentially mean a very, very long wait.

I hope it doesn't get to that stage, and clues will be found within the current area of operations.

That was the rational side of me.

The irrational side of me wants to believe that no news is still somewhat better than bad news.

May they be still be waiting out there, somewhere, somehow.