MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

Why? @.@

Everyone is pointing towards terrorism and sabotage and perhaps structural failure, I'm considering other aspects.

the QF plane was chartered by the maritime agency i guess due to its range since it's in the middle of nowehere..

the current search area for MH370 is within military and maritime agencies aircraft capability (range, altitude etc) so it's unlikely that they would be using MH 738 to conduct the search as well....

I suppose this is why the Royal Australian Air Force sent out the PC-3 Orion, rather than the P-8 Poseidon (737-NG based)

Apparently they managed to get quite a few calls connected to the mobile phones of those onboard, including the crew. But none were picked up. By this alone, the crash site should be on land, no?

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-passengers-mobile-phones-ring-not-answered-1439560

Edited by Mulyadir Fitri

Apparently they managed to get quite a few calls connected to the mobile phones of those onboard, including the crew. But none were picked up. By this alone, the crash site should be on land, no?

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-passengers-mobile-phones-ring-not-answered-1439560

This is chilling man......................

Image shown by DCA director

BiXhKYFCAAI19bJ.png

https://twitter.com/501Awani/status/443007706735968257

Given prevailing wind and current, find it fascinating that they are not spending much resources on south and west of Igari. If MH370 ditched around Igari, expect some floating debris to wash ashore from tonight.

As there are hundreds of vessels passing through the Strait of Melacca everyday, doubt if there is anything SAR could find there.

That would need to be very close to a populated area to happen. As it is you drive down the PLUS and some spots don't even have reception and I don't really consider the plus highway remote.

I changed to come back on 714 after i noticed that MH851 pulling up to the stand next to me was a 738 9M-MXF.

I still believe in MH and their 777's! The crew i flew with today is still in shock, but i can tell you, you'd never noticed a lapse in service.

Somebody called me foolish. I'm just showing support the only way i know how - to give my dying home airline a fare. :)

On the contrary. I applaud your action for doing so - giving MH your unconditional support. My only hope is that when the dust settles and with the grace of the Almighty, MH370 is found in good state with the prayers of all; MH along with its Management and Staff pull their socks up show the world her rightful place.

Which one is reliable? ADS-B data reader on internet or long range PAR and SSR radars by MODE-S of air traffic controllers? According by flightradar video, there was a serious manouver by direction and altitude. Was there any information such as like critical and serious technical issues from authorities? also, FR24 says that, "there was another aircraft and it was disappeared at the same point!" any report for second missing aircraft? or any possible "military aircraft attack"?

Also I'd like to ask you to professional aviators. Has it B777 got ACARS systems which is continiously connect and transfering data from aircraft to flight operation center.

This morning's press conference at 1000 hrs is pre-empted by expectation that the identity of one of the two passengers travelling on stolen passports may be revealed ... and perhaps cctv footages shown.

For me, I am hoping that the large pieces of debris seen yesterday (off Vung Tau) by an airplane flying out of Hong Kong could be seen today by search planes out of Vietnam this morning ... and by the time of the press conference, perhaps there will be early indications if these debris are indeed from MH370.

Let us hope that the expanded search areas yield results soon ... in the meantime, we have to really be patient. If we are sometimes feeling frustrated by what we perceive to be slow progress, can we imagine what families and relatives (and friends) of those onboard feel. Let's channel our frustration into prayers for those onboard and those awaiting news of their fate.

I too applaud Suzanne Goh for consciously wanting to continue supporting MAS. It needs your support now more than ever.

KC Sim

BiX9SW3CcAAM9wU.jpg

I applaud our SAR teams and those from other countries.

Let's hope they find something, anything about the plane soon. China is asking for a step up in the efforts, and now the SAR team is even looking to the west coast of Malaysia. oh my... With no ELT it sure is looking for a needle in the haysack.

Let's hope they find something, anything about the plane soon. China is asking for a step up in the efforts, and now the SAR team is even looking to the west coast of Malaysia. oh my... With no ELT it sure is looking for a needle in the haysack.

Basically dac don't have a clue. If west coast, what about southern Thailand? Rmaf primary radar tracked mh370 acrossed the peninsula? Edited by KK Lee

I wanted to ask about the "RAM AIR TURBINE - RAT".

In the event of power failure, it is still possible to activate (maybe manually) the RAT and restore power to essential systems including communications?

I wanted to ask about the "RAM AIR TURBINE - RAT".

In the event of power failure, it is still possible to activate (maybe manually) the RAT and restore power to essential systems including communications?

somehow that question reminds me of ask captain lim dot com. Perhaps he is (or any other pilots) is the best to answer it. I am sure he piloted Mike Romeo Oscar before?

There is a small section in wikipedia about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram_air_turbine

Suzanne Goh:

I changed to come back on 714 after i noticed that MH851 pulling up to the stand next to me was a 738 9M-MXF.

I still believe in MH and their 777's! The crew i flew with today is still in shock, but i can tell you, you'd never noticed a lapse in service.

Somebody called me foolish. I'm just showing support the only way i know how - to give my dying home airline a fare. :)

well done you.. any support will mean a lot to the team.

Edited by eddy liew

I think safe to assume the military, and not just Malaysian, know a bit more than what they are willing to have made known so far

Which is quite understandable, there being a bit of territorial dispute ongoing nearby

Whoever revealed the military has evidence MH370 turned back probably set off a rebooting of the "I know what you think I know you know but don't know what I know" type of intelligence amongst themselves

China has deployed 10 high-resolution satellites to sweep and survey the South China Sea to find leads that could help locate the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, the Times of India reported.

Quoting the People's Liberation Army, the newspaper reported that China's Xi'an Satellite Monitor and Control Centre has launched an emergency response for the search and adjusted up to 10 high-resolution satellites to locate the missing plane.

I wonder if there is a posibility that the so called aircraft missing news covered in media is part of a diversion from an ongoing situation.....ie the plane was hijacked and landed in an undisclosed military controlled air base and efforts are being made to secure the passengers and crew.........

Yesteday's news reported that the Minister of Agriculture have asked the help of about a thousand fishermen to help in the search since the "sea out there is their halaman(yard), and they know every inch of the sea out there" I think that is good.

However, at the same time authorities should also do some footwork to visit fishing villages along the coast to enquire whether anyone have noticed or heard of any abnormality sight or noise that could give some ideas on the areas to search.