MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

He is totally stressed out, and should sit the next PC out. He's too defensive. I guess we can't blame him as he is inexperience to handle such crisis.

NTV7 were interviewing underwater recovery experts... apparently, the debris underwater could spread in a kilometer radius.

The people in my company that are trained for this (my boss is one of them) are put through drills WAY worse - and those who don't have this sijil from our inhouse corporate affairs gurus are not authorised to speak to media. The only thing an inexperienced talker does is make things worse. Media can slice, dice and cincang you and the things you say without you even realising it till its' too late. Sitting out the next PC (and any other PC's) would be the best thing for him and for everyone.

Edited by Suzanne Goh

Re Immigration Officers in charge might be in hot soup over the stolen passports issue, I think everyone on the chain on that day should be held responsible. To be frank, I personally believe that the check-in agents are the one who should be in the spotlight, as they are the one who check the pax's complete travel documents including their qualification to enter China. Immigration officers' concern is just for all foreigners who entered Malaysia to leave within the stipulated period in their visas.

The complete list of officers who do ID check to passengers at KLIA for international departure:

1. MAS Check-in Agent (check tix with the complete travel documents including visa related matter)

2. Security personnel at the international departure gateway (check boarding pass and passport before letting the pax going to passport control)

3. Immigration officer (check boarding pass and passport)

4. Gate agents prior to boarding the aircraft (check boarding pass and passport)

With 4 layers of pax's ID checks (or sometime with 3 more extra layers - if the officers at security control past immigration, security marshalls inside the gate just after gate agent checking [i believe they are available on selected departures only, always seen them at LHR bound flights] and cabin crew at the aircraft door request for ID before letting the pax to proceed - bringing the total to 7 layers), it is very concrete that everyone in the chain should be held responsible and if someone is going to be in hot soup, it has to be the check in agents, not the immigration officers.

Has anyone ascertained that the passengers checked-in at the check-in counter at KLIA? The passengers could have been in transit from another country en-route to PEK and if that being the case, they will NOT go through immigration counters.

Check-in counter / boarding gate agents may not be experts in detecting forged documents, especially if the documents are forged well. If they matched the name on boarding passes versus passports, their job is done.

Edited by alberttky

Can we say MH370 shares three firsts? :

- Biggest SAR deployment (40 ships + 34 planes + more?)

- Largest number of countries involved

- Largest number of missing pax :(

I am watching the ACI episode of AF447 at the moment. If the trend is in sync, which could be useful for guidance:

• We need a submarine to locate the wreckage (which is happening as the Singaporean is deploying theirs).
  • A very experience international search team (not related to military or any government) to lead the search mission (the wreckage of AF447 was found by the team that discovered the Titanic in 1985).

The first debris of AF447 was discovered 5 days after the crash and if that floating allerged window/door/raft is indeed from the doomed aircraft, timeline wise, I think our efforts are much faster than that of AF447.

Indeed it is. And yet many asking why is it so late?

Edit: OMG opportunist!

http://online.thatsmags.com/post/was-this-website-about-mh370-crash-registered-before-the-flight-went-missing

Scumbag.

Edited by Sharil Abdul Rahman

How come our news don't report enough about our very own assets conducting the SAR? Foreign news are much more forthcoming in this section.

I think it is more because of the fact that we did not have the access into Vietnamese water and that all the findings happened on their side. Now that access has been granted as per kanekoshi's reply above, hopefully our vessels and news reporters could report something breaking.

I am watching the ACI episode of AF447 at the moment. If the trend is in sync, which could be useful for guidance:

• We need a submarine to locate the wreckage (which is happening as the Singaporean is deploying theirs).
  • A very experience international search team (not related to military or any government) to lead the search mission (the wreckage of AF447 was found by the team that discovered the Titanic in 1985).

The first debris of AF447 was discovered 5 days after the crash and if that floating allerged window/door/raft is indeed from the doomed aircraft, timeline wise, I think our efforts are much faster than that of AF447.

The area where 9M-MRO crashed was reportedly to be only around 60m deep. AF447 wreckage located at greater depth (edit to add: 3800 - 4000m).

Edited by Johan Z

Has anyone ascertained that the passengers checked-in at the check-in counter at KLIA? The passengers could have been in transit from another country en-route to PEK and if that being the case, they will NOT go through immigration counters.

Check-in counter / boarding gate agents may not be experts in detecting forged documents, especially if the documents are forged well. If they matched the name on boarding passes versus passports, their job is done.

Based on the image of the tickets purchased from CZ by the 2 pax who used the stolen passports:

1926635_10151968370768372_1336491472_n.j

1924784_10151968370793372_695622957_n.jp

the imposters definitely did their check in at KUL as it is the origin point of their 2 stops journey to their respective final destinations in Europe, after (I suspect) entering Malaysia from Thailand through land border (either in Bukit Kayu Hitam, Padang Besar or Rantau Panjang) since the 2 are reportedly come from Phuket.

Your concern that these 2 might be on transit in KUL is still valid if the 2 imposters flew in to KUL from Thailand under a different ticket with another airline and that they should have been spotted by the Transfer Agents at the MTB/Satellite to change to flight MH370 but so far no one mentions about the Transfer counter possibility yet. I believe this theory is quite far fetched although definitely could not be dismissed.

Our DCA Director General's conduct during PC has been embarrasing.

He cannot handle. His answers are appalling.

I know right, they should've got someone else to speak on their behalf, someone who could at least string together a complete sentence.

In this age where most answers could be obtained with the type of keyboard/phone, many people expect instant answers and get frustrated when it is not forthcoming. Also Kubler Ross' 5 stages of grief apply : denial followed by anger, bargain, depression finally acceptance.. I think I'm still in stage 4 ...

Edited by V Wong

Most probably just common criminals -- drug traffickers, illegal immigrants, etc.

RT @tm_insider: Both stolen passports in our database, if anyone bothered to check, says Interpol: The International Criminal ... http://bit.ly/1feVWoi

Based on the image of the tickets purchased from CZ by the 2 pax who used the stolen passports:

1926635_10151968370768372_1336491472_n.j

1924784_10151968370793372_695622957_n.jp

the imposters definitely did their check in at KUL as it is the origin point of their 2 stops journey to their respective final destinations in Europe, after (I suspect) entering Malaysia from Thailand through land border (either in Bukit Kayu Hitam, Padang Besar or Rantau Panjang) since the 2 are reportedly come from Phuket.

Your concern that these 2 might be on transit in KUL is still valid if the 2 imposters flew in to KUL from Thailand under a different ticket with another airline and that they should have been spotted by the Transfer Agents at the MTB/Satellite to change to flight MH370 but so far no one mentions about the Transfer counter possibility yet. I believe this theory is quite far fetched although definitely could not be dismissed.

It is apparent that this 2 passengers didn't intend to fly to PEK as no one in their right mind would fly from KUL to AMS via PEK, with connecting on the same day!!!

Wikipedia already has MH370 entry. I haven't seen this bit posted anywhere else.

"Chinese police in Fuzhou, Fujian, have located a man whose Chinese passport number corresponds to one on the published passenger list. He was not on board, and the name on the list next to the number was completely different. However, he had not lost his passport, and police suspect the wrong number was published.[72]"

Good point.

RT @MatthewKeysLive: Setting aside facts for a second, suppose the missing Malaysia plane is some kind of attack. Who doesn't claim credit after two days?

I feel currently the whole MH370 incident is lifted off from Robert Ludlum/ Stephen King/ Tom Clancy book series.....So many theories, questions and conspiracies.........

Good point.

RT @MatthewKeysLive: Setting aside facts for a second, suppose the missing Malaysia plane is some kind of attack. Who doesn't claim credit after two days?

Abu Sayyaf, JI and Al Qaeda would have claim their credit at very first opportunity kao kao once the plane is 'gone'.....But so far silence from terrorist world. Apa terjadi ni?

And nowadays with web check-in and self-print boarding passes, is there still a need to go to the Transfer Counter?

If it had been hijacked to Russia, does it sound ridiculous?

I don't know... what do you think?

Latest:

"Malaysia Seeks to Send Ships Into Vietnamese Waters

Vietnamese state-run newspaper Tienphong (www.tienphong.vn) just reported that Malaysia has requested the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam (CAA) to allow its five ships to enter the Vietnamese waters to search for the suspected floating fragments during the night."

Source:WSJ

Spottings%2020140309B6.jpg

Another day is lost on SAR, believe SAR should be lead or advised by someone more experienced and better trained e.g. US Navy. Given wind direction of last 48 hours, search area should include south and west of IGARI. It will be a huge embarrassment if debris is found ashore before SAR discovery.

Edited by KK Lee

We are assuming that the a/c has crashed.

They didn't have enough fuel to go anywhere near Russia.

We are assuming that the a/c has crashed.

Points to ponder:

1. Passengers mobile phones rang when their families called from China. If crashed in ocean, would it still ring?

2. Pentagon didn't detect any explosions over the ocean

3. The 2 mystery pax must be Caucasians or they would not have been able to clear check-in and immigration.

4. The other 2 Ukrainian pax also purchased their tickets from CZ, along with the 2 mystery pax

Just my observations.

Can we say MH370 shares three firsts? :

- Biggest SAR deployment (40 ships + 34 planes + more?)

- Largest number of countries involved

- Largest number of missing pax :(

It is indeed. It is just that AF447 has higher pax's nationalities involved (33 nationalities) vs MH370 (15 nationalities).

RT @tm_insider: Both stolen passports in our database, if anyone bothered to check, says Interpol: The International Criminal ... http://bit.ly/1feVWoi

So the only mistake not done by our immigration officers involved is not checking the passports with the Interpol database.

"Chinese police in Fuzhou, Fujian, have located a man whose Chinese passport number corresponds to one on the published passenger list. He was not on board, and the name on the list next to the number was completely different. However, he had not lost his passport, and police suspect the wrong number was published.[72]"

This seriously makes the pax manifest for flight MH370 becomes less and less credible.

It is apparent that this 2 passengers didn't intend to fly to PEK as no one in their right mind would fly from KUL to AMS via PEK, with connecting on the same day!!!

I actually would take this itinerary as valid. If cost is one's primary concern and an avid Kayak users, CZ's flights connecting the Europe and SEA or vice versa have been quite consistent to be on top of the search result as being the cheapest. Based on my own experience looking for cheap flights from LON to KUL, these flights are all CZ coded flights with 2 stops (in AMS and PEK/CAN) with not too long transit time between the sectors and often without being operated on CZ metal at all (this is a rather rare routing where all the sectors are operated by CZ's Skyteam (KLM) or codeshare (MH) partners.