MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

no worries. However, discussion is on now about the possibility of it gliding over the peninsular and ditched nearby PNG island.

The 40 degrees sudden right turn before disappearing from radar scope, a dive and not an attempt to Air return?

Some articles mentioned that it takes 3-4 minutes for an aircraft to fall from the sky at cruising attitude. Would it be long enough for the radar to pick it up till the end stage?

More countries are joining the SAR, Australia being the latest to send 2 units of PC Orions to join the search.

1978661_255124748000082_648941799_n.jpg

Indoflyer.net founder and A.Net member Gerry Soejatman (Gerry Airways) is now live on Jakarta's Metro TV special program of the incident.

HM said actions will be taken on Emigration officers who have lacked in their duties.

Pentagon reported there is no explosion on the water surface of South China Sea.

Our Admiral have asked his personnel to check with fishermen along the coast for any clues that may lead to the findings of the plane.

Really feel for the relatives of the passengers. Hoping for some miracle to happen.

Reported in NTV7, MH370 Chinese passengers' relatives are not happy for MAS's allegedly lack of information for the past 20 hours! This is not good for MAS.

Edited by Cire

Reported in NTV7, MH370 Chinese passengers' relatives are not happy for MAS's allegedly lack of information for the past 20 hours! This is not good for MAS.

But again - Chinese press tend to sensationalise issues - and I am not surprised that they will bash MH for it.

I will be flying MH the next day - I still have full confidence in them

Edited by kyong

PC now.

No signal located yet. Oil spilt found, pending verification. Debris - no report come in yet.

No Submarine coming in, but instead a submarine escape vessel.

Sea vessels are continuing search. Air search is suspended.

A lot of concerns on the 2 passengers' identities and security measures. CCTV footage etc.

The Press focus a lot of questions on the suspicious passengers.

DCA is leading the SAR in Malaysia.

5 passengers who did not board already have their bags taken off the aircraft. (speculative - probably the Press is asking whether any further investigations is taken on this 5 person to determine whether their background is dubious etc)

Army General explaining about the assets and vessels in the venue.

next PC is tomorrow noon. A lot of grumbles by the Press.

Some commented that the PC was done hurriedly and questions were not answered as much as possible. This only caused more questions to arise, and skeptics to mount their suspicions on the ability of the DCA to lead the SAR.

But again - Chinese press tend to sensationalise issues - and I am not surprised that they will bash MH for it.

I will be flying MH the next day - I still have full confidence in them

The so called "bashing" by the passenger's relatives is shown on TV. Not in print media by Chinese press agencies.

Probably MAS's ground crew in Beijing is overwhelmed by the event.

PC now.

No signal located yet. Oil spilt found, pending verification. Debris - no report come in yet.

No Submarine coming in, but instead a submarine escape vessel.

Sea vessels are continuing search. Air search is suspended.

A lot of concerns on the 2 passengers' identities and security measures. CCTV footage etc.

The Press focus a lot of questions on the suspicious passengers.

DCA is leading the SAR in Malaysia.

5 passengers who did not board already have their bags taken off the aircraft. (speculative - probably the Press is asking whether any further investigations is taken on this 5 person to determine whether their background is dubious etc)

Army General explaining about the assets and vessels in the venue.

next PC is tomorrow noon. A lot of grumbles by the Press.

Some commented that the PC was done hurriedly and questions were not answered as much as possible. This only caused more questions to arise, and skeptics to mount their suspicions on the ability of the DCA to lead the SAR.

The PC itself was late 15 mins. Looks like they really don't have much update as nothing much came in from the field. In fact, nothing much on the other international news agencies, and no speculations from social medias.

Re Immigration Officers in charge might be in hot soup over the stolen passports issue, I think everyone on the chain on that day should be held responsible. To be frank, I personally believe that the check-in agents are the one who should be in the spotlight, as they are the one who check the pax's complete travel documents including their qualification to enter China. Immigration officers' concern is just for all foreigners who entered Malaysia to leave within the stipulated period in their visas.

The complete list of officers who do ID check to passengers at KLIA for international departure:

1. MAS Check-in Agent (check tix with the complete travel documents including visa related matter)

2. Security personnel at the international departure gateway (check boarding pass and passport before letting the pax going to passport control)

3. Immigration officer (check boarding pass and passport)

4. Gate agents prior to boarding the aircraft (check boarding pass and passport)

With 4 layers of pax's ID checks (or sometime with 3 more extra layers - if the officers at security control past immigration, security marshalls inside the gate just after gate agent checking [i believe they are available on selected departures only, always seen them at LHR bound flights] and cabin crew at the aircraft door request for ID before letting the pax to proceed - bringing the total to 7 layers), it is very concrete that everyone in the chain should be held responsible and if someone is going to be in hot soup, it has to be the check in agents, not the immigration officers.

The so called "bashing" by the passenger's relatives is shown on TV. Not in print media by Chinese press agencies.

Probably MAS's ground crew in Beijing is overwhelmed by the event.

MH shipped 100 staff to PEK on flight MH5400 yesterday, so by right they should be able to contain the situation. This is of course if MH does not sent the wrong staff i.e. non Mandarin speaking staff to comfort disgruntled Mandarin speaking family members of the affected passengers.

I can't say much about others, but I had some minor troubles with my Australian student visa years ago (it was an e-visa, so no paperwork). MAS check-in agent in PEN asked me a few times about my visa and he had to do some checking and phone calls. I believe they can't check you in if you don't have a valid travel document or visas.

MH will be liable and will have to deport any passengers who don't have any valid travel documents.

Once immigration officer scanned or swiped your passport, you details appeared on the screen with a huge picture of yours. If the passport was reported stolen and registered as invalid, it would appear on database and set off a warning.

My experience going through KUL, my passport has been properly checked and I have no question about their integrity.

TV3 reported the item could be a door or window of an aircraft as suspected by the Malaysian consulate in HCM, Vietnam. No official confirmation yet.

A Prof. of local university who is being interviewed by TV3 suggested that the plane could have ditched over in Vietnam waters, and suggested also that the Malaysian government may want to collaborate with Vietnam to enter its waters to help in the search.

I tend to agree with him as more evidence are found on that side.

Edited by Cire

Our DCA Director General's conduct during PC has been embarrasing.

He cannot handle. His answers are appalling.

He's unnecessarily being defensive. I like the calm nature of AJ. Even Hishamuddin is better than this DCA guy.

If you can't stand the heat, ask someone else to do it for you.

DCA needs a better spokesperson than the Director General himself.

Agree....His English competency is....................ermmm,.................

He is totally stressed out, and should sit the next PC out. He's too defensive. I guess we can't blame him as he is inexperience to handle such crisis.

NTV7 were interviewing underwater recovery experts... apparently, the debris underwater could spread in a kilometer radius.

I am watching the ACI episode of AF447 at the moment. If the trend is in sync, which could be useful for guidance:

• We need a submarine to locate the wreckage (which is happening as the Singaporean is deploying theirs).
  • A very experience international search team (not related to military or any government) to lead the search mission (the wreckage of AF447 was found by the team that discovered the Titanic in 1985).

The first debris of AF447 was discovered 5 days after the crash and if that floating allerged window/door/raft is indeed from the doomed aircraft, timeline wise, I think our efforts are much faster than that of AF447.