MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

Read a news reportedly from China Press that last night a(nother) planned trip to Vietnam for relatives on MH370 didn't materialize and they were placed in Everly Hotel.

So apart from MH5400 there is another to Vietnam?

Jon Ostrower tweeted this, so I guess it is verified:

Malaysian officials have confirmed the oil slick off Vietnam's coast, widening search area because of possibility of turn-back by #MH370.

Malaysian officials say no aircraft flying near where #MH370 was last seen made contact, disputing a report that a flight to Japan had.

The current press conference is much more organized and assuring that the SAR is on an over-ride mode already !

Great !

More planes and ships from both Malaysia and international are scouring the sea coast off Kota Bahru and south Vietnam.

All 3 Army, Naval, and Air Force generals are seated on the stage with the DCA Dir.. A great show of concern and responsibility here.

And due to the possibility that the airplane may have turned back, SAR now include sea search off the Straits of Melaka as well.

MAS have no plan to ground the 777 fleet at the moment.

Clipped wing tip was again in question.

Next PC at 3pm.

Edited by Cire

A New York Times reporter asked if there was anything from ACARS and if a 777 could really switch off all datalinks. They did not really answer his question

its easier to push the mic button n make a radio call, than typing on acars. VHF datalink e.g ARINC or SITA are really good backup communication, but they do have some restriction such as coverage and time lag. even on ground at KUL we might get datalink error message no comm / datalink in stdby mode.

They mentioned the plane was picked-up by military radar after losing contact, and a possibly turn back to KUL maybe. However they are also searching in area off PEN.

Edited by Waiping

Great to see this aviation forum works as it's supposed to be, this is what we signed up for. Hope nobody ever hijack our beloved forum again to express their political views.

Let's pray for the best possible outcomes for MH370.

They mentioned the plane was picked-up by military radar after losing contact, and a possibly turn back to KUL maybe. However they are also searching in area off PEN.

This morning around 9am heard choppers buzzing around the sea off Tg Bunga area but didn't manage to catch a glimpse of the chopper type.

From the Sidang Media,the wingtip of 9M-MRO that have been clipped in 2012 is fixed by Boeing and its safe to fly

as far as i know, RMAF Gong Kedak, ground base for our shukhoi boys is nearby, they must have at least primary radar nearby, or even better than secondary radar. dont tell me nobody manning the radar that night? what puzzle me the most is why the hell is the ELT not transmitting? it should be automatically activated upon impact or when in contact with water. its either the ELT itself buried deep in the ocean bed, or damage beyond operation..

as far as i know, RMAF Gong Kedak, ground base for our shukhoi boys is nearby, they must have at least primary radar nearby, or even better than secondary radar. dont tell me nobody manning the radar that night? what puzzle me the most is why the hell is the ELT not transmitting? it should be automatically activated upon impact or when in contact with water. its either the ELT itself buried deep in the ocean bed, or damage beyond operation..

And there is radar recording. A lot of information is not forthcoming.

Perhaps when it comes to military strength, we don't really want others to know.

CNA reported a Chinese official mentioned about debris being see off an area, but cannot confirm it until the search team is at the identified site.