MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

About to cross the Terengganu coast.....Wonder what is in the mind of this set of crew now.

Yes capt, heard the call sign earlier while otw back from CAN.

About to cross the Terengganu coast.....Wonder what is in the mind of this set of crew now.

I keep looking outside the window after I saw TGG airport , clear skies all the way...was onboard MH5400 today

Found this in yahoo! News ::

UPDATE [2:24am]: Singapore's Straits Times reports that the two imposters on MH370, who were using stolen passports, bought their tickets from China Southern Airlines, which code shares the KL-Beijing route with Malaysian Airlines.

I woke up just to get onto flightradar24 ... just to see MH370/9Mar 9M-MRQ landing safely at Beijing Capital Airport. This must have been one of the most difficult flights for the entire crew. How do they continue to provide the smiles when they themselves are reminded of the fate of all on the same flight 24 hours earlier ... and the crew are themselves mourning and grieving over the loss of colleagues and friends. At the arrival hall of Beijing Capital Airport, I can imagine them being harassed by the media and perhaps even by people who are unhappy with what they perceived to be a lack of information coming from the airline. For once, perhaps the airline should allow them to change into their own clothes before disembarking from the plane. My heart goes out to them.

Having two persons travelling on passports stolen from Thailand and both have booked their flights from China with China Southern Airlines is too much of a coincidence for comfort. Hopefully there are CCTV recordings of them as they proceeded from the check-in at KLIA to the gate ... just so the authorities can see whether they really looked Italian/Austrian at all. Hopefully there is even a footage showing them before and during check-in ... so one could see the checked luggage they travel with. I know this does not change anything but it could prove to be valuable lessons for the folks tasked with security and safety of civil aviation.

KC Sim

I keep looking outside the window after I saw TGG airport , clear skies all the way...was onboard MH5400 today

Not sure what you are doing after that flight, presumably something related to the MAS370 incident. Good luck in whatever you are doing there.

Will the NTSB be involved? It would be up for the DCA to request their assistance then they will be involved?

Just hope the S&R find something today... anything.

And thanks for the info KC Sim... safe landing at Beijing is what we wanted to see. We must carry on despite what happened to MAS370, just like after 9-11, pilots wanted to bring their planes back to the skies, to show people things works.

Edited by eddy liew

Just to confirm MRO was involved in some ground incident a couple of years back resulting in its right wing damaged?

We must carry on despite what happened to MAS370, just like after 9-11, pilots wanted to bring their planes back to the skies, to show people things works.

We must go on. I am on MH714 and MH850 tomorrow, both 772 operated. To me it's in a way a statement of my confidence in our carrier, and in Boeing. It may well be foolish, but then I've never been known to be the sharpest tool in the shed anyway.

Saw on the news...our M'sian authorities is now expanding the search to the west coast of Malaysia/Straits of Malacca too........anyone hav any idea why they would do that....

We must go on. I am on MH714 and MH850 tomorrow, both 772 operated. To me it's in a way a statement of my confidence in our carrier, and in Boeing. It may well be foolish, but then I've never been known to be the sharpest tool in the shed anyway.

I'm on MH73 from HKG to KUL later today. It's a B777-200. My confidence to MAS and Boeing

Can't eat can't sleep can't think . Flying tonight too and will give the cabin crew a small treat .. It is only when disaster strikes that one fully realise the perils of their job :-(.....

I'm on MH73 from HKG to KUL later today. It's a B777-200. My confidence to MAS and Boeing

Exactly :) . (anyway i meant 715 and 850, not 714 and 850)

Can't eat can't sleep can't think . Flying tonight too and will give the cabin crew a small treat .. It is only when disaster strikes that one fully realise the perils of their job :-(.....

I'm sure they'll be appreciative :)

I believe every in this forum is also wondering why the SAR team has not found any signs of the aircraft till now, and whether they are searching in the right area or not. Honestly, I think our teams (SAR , DCA, MAS etc) are in a shock mode, and seems lost/slow to react in this crisis.

I wondered if there's any SOPs to follow.

The DCA director was grilled just now during the press conference. Nothing much from him except that we have not make any findings to indicate the plane whereabout, and also they are investigating on the stolen passport issues.

Sure. Probabilistically MAS & B777 should be the safest carrier and aircraft in the world right now.

I am disappointed to see that there is only DCA director at the press conference just now. We need our transportation minister and also AJ to show up to give some clarification on some issues

I will too, pretty much those passengers showed confidence boarding the flight to PEK early today at 1230AM, same flight code MH 370.

I am disappointed to see that there is only DCA director at the press conference just now. We need our transportation minister and also AJ to show up to give some clarification on some issues

yup... their absence is not good. In a crisis so huge like this, information is very important no matter how small it is. Some information to show how the SAR is doing and which area they are combing etc would be very much appreciated rather than informing everything is status-quo.

Hope more information from the site is received and relayed to the kins and public. The international community including Malaysia and China folks would be keen to know what happened to MH370, and where it is now.

I believe every in this forum is also wondering why the SAR team has not found any signs of the aircraft till now, and whether they are searching in the right area or not. Honestly, I think our teams (SAR , DCA, MAS etc) are in a shock mode, and seems lost/slow to react in this crisis.

I wondered if there's any SOPs to follow.

The DCA director was grilled just now during the press conference. Nothing much from him except that we have not make any findings to indicate the plane whereabout, and also they are investigating on the stolen passport issues.

yup... their absence is not good. In a crisis so huge like this, information is very important no matter how small it is. Some information to show how the SAR is doing and which area they are combing etc would be very much appreciated rather than informing everything is status-quo.

Hope more information from the site is received and relayed to the kins and public. The international community including Malaysia and China folks would be keen to know what happened to MH370, and where it is now.

We all need to understand that it has been a long day for AJ and his team, and need their rest as well. Yes, we know the families and friends are anxious too know the latest findings, but without proper rest once in a while, one will not be able to make judgment constructively. In this kind of sudden shock incident, everyone will be shocked on how to react. It is completely out of the blue. A lot of us are still numb from the incident. However, they are in the frontline, searching for someone's family member, someone's else sisters and brother. They are also human and with emotion. They will be the one who will eventually confirm with MAS, DCA that the wreckage has been found and no one, God forbids, make it out alive. They doing the tough job now. They will also need to verify the info repeatedly to avoid giving false info or hope to family.

The issue now is there is a very wide area to search for, and they had been searching frantically (I hope) for any sign or clue last night in Gulf of Thailand. Many nations are now in the search and rescue mission, until wreckage is found, I am afraid there won't be much update on what happened to MH370. Take a cue from AF447 which is similar case. It was only found three days after it crashed. The black box was only retrieved after almost two years it went into the bottom of the sea. God forbid, hope MH won't be in such situation.

DCA would most probably by now look into how the missing two passports case ended up being used for MH370.

Exactly, my sentiment. It's a hard day for everyone. If they found anything, it will make it to Vietnamese or Chinese media regardless.

Oh no............:(

LATEST: MAS says ‘fearing the worst’ for MH370, working with US disaster recovery firm

Malaysia Airlines says it is "fearing the worst" for flight MH370 and will be working with an American disaster recovery company to locate the missing aircraft. More: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/mas-says-it-fears-the-worst-for-mh370-working-with-disaster-recovery-firm