MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

Interesting that both the Italian and the Austrian listed in the passenger manifest are alive and state that they had not booked the flight.

Both passengers had their passports stolen in Asia.

This raises some suspicion...maybe an act of terror?

Edited by Georg Burdicek

It might be a bomb on board carried by the pax holding stolen italian passport ? Pray for the best and wait for the official findings.

The spilling of oil, could it be MH370 was dumping the fuel, so it can get lighter and land at one of the small islands south of Vietnam? My wild guess...

Not to nitpick, the crash site was close to Vietnam, hence most of the news came from there. Similar to Asiana crash, most of the news came from the US.

Huh? The Asiana crash in San Francisco? Of course you get more news from the US, it happened at their home soil!

The spilling of oil, could it be MH370 was dumping the fuel, so it can get lighter and land at one of the small islands south of Vietnam? My wild guess...

No, fuel dumping at altitude would've resulted in the fuel stream evaporating.

The S&R is grilled on why it did not activate the search immediately this morning but then it can continue the search into the night?

The DCA seems not able to provide much more information and cannot determine at which point the contact was lost. Cannot even say its in our area or in Vietnamese border.

It appears that more information is coming in from overseas rather than from Malaysia.

And its also some conspiracy theories about the Italian passport got stolen but was on the flight manifest. The DCA appears clueless.

MAS is not ruling out anything, including terrorism.

The DCA and team looks stressed out.

Certainly a lot to answer about... and I am sure they are as shock as we are. They certainly are stressed out... given the sheer number of POB. A big learning point/lesson to all aviation authorities...

NTSB, FAA, Boeing are definitely going to be around when this happens.

First incident involving a 777 in flight will bring out all of the questions.

I hope, REALLY HOPE, we will see liferafts deployed. With people in it.

No, fuel dumping at altitude would've resulted in the fuel stream evaporating.

Someone on A.net mentioned about low level fuel dumping. Do you think that's possible?

The XAX 506 co-pilot is a member of our forum, HanX. You can even see the flight at the MH370 flightradar24 screenshot. They routed thru South China Sea towards near the Philippines before heading straight up to Taiwan.

The XAX 506 co-pilot is a member of our forum, HanX. You can even see the flight at the MH370 flightradar24 screenshot. They routed thru South China Sea towards near the Philippines before heading straight up to Taiwan.

HanX is also the guy who sells model airplanes on the forum right?

Yes, he is. Good boss indeed. His plane was so happened to be behind 9M-MRO. I think he is still kind of shock.

There are still a lot of question to be answered on the timeline:

1. The time when contact was lost with Subang Control Tower, passed onto DCA and onto MAS Operation
  2. Activation of Search and Rescue Team- first thing in the morning?? why search late into night when they know mother nature work against us?
  3. Asking next-of-kin to prepare at KLIA at 6pm to travel to "crash site"?
  4. US army base in Thailand intercepted an SOS call at 02:43 a.m. According to this information, the crew asked for an emergency landing reporting a disintegration of the aircraft's fuselage. The relevant information has been handed over to the Malaysia authorities.- As reported by Taiwan media- Where did this message ends up in? What action was taken?
  5. Lost passport turned up at the flight manifesto- not one but two passports? Multiple security lapse at KLIA?
A lot of question marks over our heads. No wonder DCA, and S n R Team are stressed out..........

Flight path and time lost contact was known, mean search area can be estimated, find it mind boggling that SAR yield no result today mean either information was not forthcoming to SAR, SAR was poor planned and executed. Hope they have better luck tomorrow.

5a2qkz.jpg

Flight plan

2014-03-08_9M-MRO_B772_MAS@off_Malaysia_

http://www.jacdec.de/news/2014-03-08_9M-MRO_B772_MAS@Crash-into-sea.htm

If the above is credible, search area is closer to our shore than Vietnam. More question than answer.

Edited by KK Lee

Nice pix Norman.

I dare not see the aftermath, The lengthy body identification, investigation, compensation paid out, the multiple lawsuits both in Malaysia and USA....

1. Asking next-of-kin to prepare at KLIA at 6pm to travel to "crash site"?

I can't answer all. But this bit, could just be a rumour or another he says, she says. Some reports say MH tried to gather relatives and family, so that they know the truth first hand (I believe the fate of the aircraft and its passengers has been revealed to them). MH also reportedly offer transport to Beijing.

The IFS on this flight, Patrick Gomes, is a true gentleman and a stalwart of MAS. I am praying for his return, otherwise it will be a great loss to MH, Malaysia, and humanity in general. God bless.

I did Google some of the crew: the pilot, First Officer and Andrew Nari. You can tell they love what they're doing and are huge assets to MH. They may be gone, but definitely not forgotten.

Wanted to share my 2 cents worth.

Just last week terrorist attacked a train station in Kunming, killing 30 and wounding 140 others. Authorities say it was an "organised, premeditated, terrorist attack".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2570996/At-27-dead-109-injured-gang-knife-wielding-men-attack-train-station-China.html

This flight has more Chinese nationals than other nationals, and amongst them are artists here for an event, and Buddhist here for a religious function. To add to that a few passports reported stolen were being used on this flight.

Sorry to speculate but I think this may not be a simple straight forward plane crash.

Last count: Thai Airways, Qatar Airways, Cathay Pacific, Royal Brunei, IndiGo, Arsenal, AirAsia, Norwegian, Boeing, Airbus offer their prayers and thoughts to MH. Good gesture from them despite some of them being rivals to MH.

Is it possible the discrepancies for the time the ATC lost contact is because of the time difference between Malaysia and Vietnam? 2.40am Malaysia time is 1.40am Vietnam time since they mentioned "local" time and during that time the aircraft should have been handed over to Vietnam ATC

There are still a lot of question to be answered on the timeline:

1. US army base in Thailand intercepted an SOS call at 02:43 a.m. According to this information, the crew asked for an emergency landing reporting a disintegration of the aircraft's fuselage. The relevant information has been handed over to the Malaysia authorities.- As reported by Taiwan media- Where did this message ends up in? What action was taken?
A lot of question marks over our heads. No wonder DCA, and S n R Team are stressed out..........

Sorry where's the source of this info??