MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

I hope that all the passengers are safe... But it looks very grim. At least I hope they will find the aircraft

Awful news

Is MH5400 the go-team? 9M-MXP is heading outbound now

Close to SGN but still at FL290. Doesn't look like going to SGN then. Let's see if it's going to PEK.

Edited by alberttky

Is there any possibility other than crash?maybe it been hijacked??just asking since from my reading both elt still havent sent any distress signal and no sign of any wrekage from the aircraft..

Edited by hm alias

Is there any possibility other than crash?maybe it been hijacked??just asking since from my reading both elt still havent sent any distress signal and no sign of any wrekage from the aircraft..

if it's a hijack we would have known about it by now.

If it is hijacking, the hijackers would have made ransom demand by now. It has been more than 15 hours since last contact. Sometimes a crash can happened even if the pilot doesn't send out distress signal. AF447 is a good reference.

Close to SGN but still at FL290. Doesn't look like going to SGN then. Let's see if it's going to PEK.

Perhaps this is the reason why: http://my.news.yahoo.com/tears-fury-relatives-wait-news-083404565.html?fb_action_ids=10203139636949584&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_ref=facebook_cb&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B262993720538358%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22og.recommends%22%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%22facebook_cb%22%5D

Can a B738 go all the way fr KUL to PEK ????

Maybe not fully loaded.

Someone posted the passenger list (name and nationality). I'm not sure if it's appropriate to post it here.

One small consolation from the incident is that the flight wasn't full. 35J, 247Y with 12 crews= 294 souls. MH370 on 8th March early morning only had 227 pax onboard with 12 crews= 239 souls. Still precious life lost....

It is now sunset in BKI. I am thinking would they call off the S&R for the day.

Please do not post the Passenger Name List here or anywhere until the airline has officially released it to the media. Airlines will normally only do this when it has contacted every passenger's and crew member's next of kin.

This respect the feelings of the people who have lost someone who is close and dear to them. It is their needs and feelings that are most important ... not our hunger for information.

KC Sim

MH5400 is not a flight I would want to be on...

Read unconfirmed news that the Italian pax who was supposedly on the flight was not even flying then. Apparently he claimed his passport was lost and it could have been used by someone else.

http://www.corriere.it/esteri/14_marzo_08/scomparso-aereo-diretto-pechino-bordo-239-persone-anche-italiano-4340534c-a683-11e3-bbe4-676bb1ea55e1.shtml

Through Google Translate

"The Italian is not among the missing

Among the passengers of 14 nationalities, 153 had a Chinese passport. The list also resulted an Italian, Luigi Maraldi, '77: but the man phoned to reassure parents to feel good and be in Thailand. Maraldi in recent months had reported the theft of his passport, which took place on August 1 last year, while in the Asian country. Back in Italy, he obtained a new document in Ravenna, where he took up residence in the meantime, then returned to Thailand. This morning the staff of the Commissioner of Cesena went to her parents' home, but they were the same parents to tell the police that the young man had called just before to say he was fine and he was in Thailand. One hypothesis is therefore that it is on the list of persons on board because someone came on board the aircraft using his passport stolen."