MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Johan Z

4Q 2013 Financial Results for MH, AK and D7

PETALING JAYA: Malaysia Airlines (MAS) has been forecast to post a core net loss of RM1.01bil for the financial year ended Dec 31, 2013 (FY13) while AirAsia Bhd is expected to post a core net profit of RM651mil for FY13.

MAS is expected to announce its results today, with AirAsia on Feb 26 and AirAsia X Bhd (AAX) on Feb 25. Airport operator Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd, meanwhile, announced its full-year financial results on Jan 27.

Yikes! I thought things were meant to be improving!! That catering contract needs to go. Freeloading from gomen also needs to stop!

Their planes are flying full most of the time and to have that BILLION ringgit loss is beyond me.

Their planes are flying full most of the time and to have that BILLION ringgit loss is beyond me.

Because yield sucks. And with Brahim Catering charging MAS RM20 for that pathetic nasi lemak, it is very hard for MAS to turn a profit.

Because yield sucks. And with Brahim Catering charging MAS RM20 for that pathetic nasi lemak, it is very hard for MAS to turn a profit.

Oh not forgetting the lack of cucumber and other condiments in their Nasi Lemak ;)

FY2013 net loss of RM1.173 BILLION!!!

For those like yours truly, being unable to grasp big numbers, it's RM3.2 million everyday, RM133,904 per hour, RM2,232 per minute

Now, how much is the BR1M being handed out nowadays ? :)

Despite being in Oneworld, they still made a loss..

Don't see things improving any time soon.. The management seems to be out of ideas.. No political will (both gov and opposition) to make things better also..

Another loss...I thought they were raking profits after the introduction of the A380 and the membership in oneworld...Another EPF money "well spend"...

I don't have any faith in an airline that lacks consistency - 4 different liveries applied across the board. Seems something is wrong with the management board.

A state run airline under the 'capable' hands and social contract with the infamous Malaysian government, will not make the airline a profitable one. They always have things to blame, but they will never expose the truth of what really screwed them over and over again.

Edited by S V Choong

many factor need to be consider, one particular point i notice clearly in MAS flight was poor utilization of aircraft. Some only operate 4 short haul sector per day, some 6 most 7, u can try check this in FR24, just click on the aircraft rego and it shows you previous leg, on the other hand, AK a/c really work like hell... 8-10 sector from 6 am to 12pm...daily

---

RT @tonyfernandes: Airasia all stars. Take a bow. Malaysian airlines lost over a billion. Malaysia airport delay terminal by 3 years. Yet still great results

MAS' 2013 loss deepens to RM1.2b

PERSISTENT TURBULENCE: Forex and fuel cost form big chunk of national carrier’s net operating loss, says Dacko

web.jpg

MALAYSIA Airlines' (MAS) net loss widened to RM1.2 billion for full-year 2013 from RM432.6 million in 2012, due to higher depreciation and finance charges, coupled with unrealised foreign exchange (forex) loss and high jet fuel cost.
MAS senior vice-president (head of marketing and products commercial) Dean Dacko said forex and fuel cost formed a big chunk of the national carrier's net operating loss.
The airline swung to RM194 million forex loss last year compared with a RM190 million gain in 2012.
Meanwhile, jet fuel accounted for 39 per cent of the group's expenditure, with the price remaining high throughout last year, averaging at US$128 (RM422.4) per barrel.
Despite the loss, Dacko said MAS successfully carried more passengers with an overall load factor of more than 85 per cent by end-2013, which is no small achievement.

CEO's comments: http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIMES/articles/20140219003254/Article/index_html

Sign in to follow this